Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Gap x GQ

Last edited:
Last edited:
I remember on twitter you were looking at some other brands, that weren't as good as SuitSupply. Nice choice man

Tried searching the GQ and gap collection and saw that some of the JE pieces were available only early. Nothing specia tho...just flight jacket and curved long sleeve

Last edited:
Suit looks good. Are you sagging a bit? If not, a hem would drape the trousers a touch better.

no i wasn't. pic also looks weird because i'm 5'10 and the girl taking the picture is 6'4 :lol:

I remember on twitter you were looking at some other brands, that weren't as good as SuitSupply. Nice choice man

yeah. i bit the bullet. i figured i'd spend the money because these will last me. very happy with my choices.

got a wedding in a couple weeks, feel like everyone is gonna be rocking grey or dark blue suits. wanted to switch it up. 

Any recommendations for a sport coat to wear with navy blue dress pants? 

Most Americans are overweight, so hat's how most mall brands are as well. Even Uniqlo, a brand known for affordable slim clothes all throughout Asia, makes their American clothes extra wide for the American market :lol:

Uniqlos slim fit polos fit me like a glove in a large and I'm 5'10'' 215 lbs. could stand to loose about 10 lbs but yea Uniqlo American sizes are cut big

I think I was discussing this with someone a few pages ago. Uniqlo has normal sized items as well as items that fit HUGE and are clearly made for the typical American market. My friend has a coat from 2010 that's a size Medium and it fits me perfectly. I had to buy the same item in an XS recently :lol:

I think I was discussing this with someone a few pages ago. Uniqlo has normal sized items as well as items that fit HUGE and are clearly made for the typical American market. My friend has a coat from 2010 that's a size Medium and it fits me perfectly. I had to buy the same item in an XS recently
laugh.gif
Correct, the Asia sizing in Uniqlo is one size smaller.

I'm seeing a lot of complaints on Uniqlo US' website about the sizing these days.

http://www.uniqlo.com/us/product/me...926.html#67~/men/casual-shirts/oxford/solid/~

Looks like there's a lot of SKU issues where one SKU fits completely different from the other, but both are labeled and marketed as the same product.

"A lot of folks seem to have trouble with the new cut, but I am incredibly happy with the way these shirts fit me now. If you look carefully, the SKU numbers are different- from what it seems, SKU #133508 is the old slim-fit cut. If you're looking for that cut, you can still get it. I'm writing a review specifically for SKU #164167."

This would explain how some people (like my friend and I) can buy the same product and have such variances in sizing, and why people are writing 1/5 star reviews because of the fit while the others are writing 5/5 :lol:

Last edited:
How come the last pic for those black JE jeans actually have the knee rips and not patched rips? Not worth $120 for a garbage cut IMO and the rest are mediocre. This was once about the brands but seems like a cash grab collab now.

In the process of commissioning Riccardo Bestetti for a pair of loafers. My first foray into top tier shoes. 

Thinking this in a darker shade of brown with a penny loafer front as opposed to tassels. Something I can wear a few times a week with jeans and/or slacks. 

Back
Top Bottom