Dressing better

Yeah I figured it isn't exactly for this thread but I like it being white and beige with a hint of blue and red,
Even though it has the monogram, it does still give that srping look. I guess it's my way of mixing it up a bit.

Those pants are 511's, but it thicker than the other Levi's trousers, it has a jean-like feel.

And that reminds me, my JP's from Gilt comes tomorrow.

Where did you get them, RFX? I might get them if the Paul Smith doesn't work out for me.

I got them from Pacific Sun several months ago. I think they are sold out on their website now too.
You may not see it anytime soon because their trousers are now being sold with thinner cotton for the spring/summer season.

Originally Posted by RFX45

I got them from Pacific Sun several months ago. I think they are sold out on their website now too.
You may not see it anytime soon because their trousers are now being sold with thinner cotton for the spring/summer season.
I'll check tomorrow at the local PacSun.  How was were they?  And did you get the inseam hemmed?  Again, they look perfect for your height, man.

No alterations at all and that is why I like 511's, they fit almost perfectly.
Even with jeans, if I want some stacking, I just get a 30x32 instead of 30x30 and I am set.

If there is one near you, I'd check out Urban Outfitters too. I think the one in Burbank is closest to you, thats a pretty big store too.

What's the price by the way? Do they fit like regular 511s? I had the 511s when I was still losing weight, and the seat usually was too big for me. However from your pics, they look pretty good. I think we have similar physiques so I'm just curious.

20100214-CIMG0318.jpg

I definitely don't need anymore jeans but I may have to stop in for a pair.
How many pair of jeans do you guys have in general? I have about 5 or 6 pairs but only 1 gets worn generally while 4 need to be taken in. I don't want to amount too many.

No alterations at all and that is why I like 511's, they fit almost perfectly.
Even with jeans, if I want some stacking, I just get a 30x32 instead of 30x30 and I am set.

If there is one near you, I'd check out Urban Outfitters too. I think the one in Burbank is closest to you, thats a pretty big store too.
Oh yeah, tomorrow is going to be a busy day...dry cleaners, tailor, Nordstrom Rack, Americana (they have an U.O. too), and if time permits before school...I gotta go to the Boss store on Rodeo Drive. 

As of now, I have 1 pair of pants that fit, the other 4 are no good anymore. 
laugh.gif

Pricing on Levis 511s are weird. The one I got from PacSun were $50 but got a 15% discount.
Some Levis trousers @ Levis.com are at $40 right now though.
I'd suggest trying them on and then order online if it is cheaper there.
The Macys in Sherman Oaks Galleria started carrying Levis trousers as well, I believe they are $45 there.
That is the only Macys I've seen them on so far but if a Macys is near you, might be worth a look.

How many pair of jeans do you guys have in general? I have about 5or 6 pairs but only 1 gets worn generally while 4 need to be taken in.I don't want to amount too many.

I used to be like that.  I had 10-15 pairs of jeans.  Now...I have 3.  2 are dark blue, one is solid, the other has a bit of fading around the front.  The other pair is a William Rast boot cut that I got for X-mas (
laugh.gif
yeah I know).  I try to mix things up now with chinos, corduroys, etc.  Wearing jeans every day is just boring.

Originally Posted by cucumbercool

20100214-CIMG0318.jpg

I definitely don't need anymore jeans but I may have to stop in for a pair.
How many pair of jeans do you guys have in general? I have about 5 or 6 pairs but only 1 gets worn generally while 4 need to be taken in. I don't want to amount too many.

I didn't even notice until now bu Uniqlo does free alterations? Damn great deal ona  $30 pair of pants.
As for the number of jeans, before this thread I only had like 2, maybe 3. Now I have about 7, all different wash and some lengths.
2 dark blue (1 511's & 1 H&M Sliqs) 1 grey H&M Sliqs plus 4 more 511's (1 black, 1 light blue wash and 2 different shades of blue).

Holy crap...just realized that this thread is over 1 year old.

laugh.gif
at free hemming. That's a $10 value right there, making the jeans even cheaper.

Originally Posted by donjuan513

All via RegularOlTy
New belt for me.
tumblr_kxwfpszXLf1qaf7o7.jpg
nice belt but I'm in love with the Polo D-ring belt
1243.jpg

Damn, I want to go to Uniqlo so bad.
Nacho, that khaki nylon bomber looks nice and khaki blazer fits well and goes well with the stripe shirt.
Not sure if you did that on purpose but I like the look.
I like the suded jacket from Zara too, faux leather though right?
RFX - I'm learning the patterns, a nautical striped shirt complimented with the khaki blazer definitely looks great thanks, I was getting compliments in the store, the Zara jacket is real suede, heavily discounted. I'm bloated from H&M, Zara really surprised me.

Your last outfit was probably my fav outfit, style & comfort, I'ld opt for no socks. I don't know sometimes your pants & shoes combo look odd to me, like the shoes look huge, maybe it's the pics or maybe it's the slim pants with boots you've mainly been posting.  That short sleeve shirt is one of the best I've seen.
I'm wearing jeans less but I'm going to try the 511's, need something more form fitting than the 514.

Gilt Groupe Revelationshttp://nymag.com/fashion/10/spring/63807/highlights:Some surprising and upsetting news buried in page five of this piece from New York Magazine about Gilt Groupe and its business model:Gilt Groupe is using much the same model to expand its inventory of clothing, commissioning designers to make clothes just for the site. This year, Lyne says, 35 to 40 percent of Gilt’s women’s apparel will be acquired through this channel. For designers, cutting clothes specifically for Gilt can be lucrative, because it offers a way to repurpose intellectual property, such as popular looks that may be a couple of years old. A designer may reduce production costs by using less-expensive materials, say wool from Scotland instead of Italy, or by using a little less stitching in the places buyers don’t see. More than one fashion executive told me that they had used flash sales as an opportunity to dust off some leftover fabric, turning a sunk cost into a substantial profit.But neither Gilt nor the designers have any interest in letting customers know which items were made specifically for the site. “Gilt doesn’t tell you, as a shopper, that it’s ‘exclusive for us,’ 

Originally Posted by Stack Bundless

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

thanks for the info, I have kind of broad shoulders and I am 6'2 190lbs so I'm thinking either medium or tall medium, what you think? what sucks is that I live in Sweden so I have a zero chance of testing it before I decide to buy it.
I would probably go with a tall size since you're a good big taller than me.

Originally Posted by quiksilver199

Originally Posted by waystinthyme

Originally Posted by quiksilver199

Originally Posted by biff lawson

i wonder if the 40% off would work plus the employee discount
eek.gif
eek.gif
if so i would go so ham with my boy's discount and cop one of everything

Nope, can't double up on discounts (that'd be nice though, but there isn't any way anyone could get 90% off: 40% plus employee's 50%) You shouldn't need a coupon though, there will be signs and displays with the 40% off all around the store. 
that would be 70% off, not 90%...

-waystinthyme

Last time I checked, 40 + 50 = 90 genius  
laugh.gif

eyes.gif

indifferent.gif

the 'genius' at the end really made me laugh. just use an example of an item that's $100...

40% off makes the item $60, and an additional 50% off makes the item $30...total discount is 70%, genius.
wink.gif

-waystinthyme

1243.jpg

D-ring belts typically have rings in the shape of a D--those are in the shape of an O. I could use a saddle leather D-ring belt like no other...
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by NachoBroadway

I don't know sometimes your pants & shoes combo look odd to me, like the shoes look huge, maybe it's the pics or maybe it's the slim pants with boots you've mainly been posting. 

I think it is a combination of slimmer leg opening and the angle of the pic. 
That is one of the reasons I try to suggest lower profile sneakers, so it won't look too bulky with slimmer pants, but I guess I fail at that at times. 
laugh.gif

For the most part though, it might be the slimmer leg opening and having little to no break, there isn't stacking to break the silhouette.

The other is probably angle, keep in mind when I take pics I just stack up whatever I can find, usually a can of cookies on top of a table, to prop up the camera. 

Originally Posted by manamazing55

what do you guys think of these as a casual black shoe? I like they are different than the normal canvas Chucks. Also, can these be purchased IN store anywhere?

http://www.converse.com/?...shoes/chucktaylor/113937

Those are nice, their the low profile chucks. 
I like the low profile Jack Purcell better though, but that is more of a personal taste.

It's also a bit more expensive though but theres a chance it will go on sale at Gilt eventually.

994551-p-2x.jpg

Originally Posted by NachoBroadway

Sunday visit to your favorite 3 discounters; Uniqlo, Zara & H&M

IMG_6315.jpg

Zara
$15 100% Wool V-necks, $15 shirt

IMG_6313.jpg

i like these 2 items together

Man i have to plan my next vacations near a H&M or Uniqlo...smh why cant they open up Houston!
ohwell.gif

RFX & wj4 (& anyone else in the LA area...) - I'll be in LA next month for a couple of days. I'm staying in Bel Air and I was wondering if you could give me a list of a few stores I should check out? All I can think of off the top of my head is Opening Ceremony and the APC store. Any other boutiques you think I might like? Oh, and good Mexican food... ?

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom