Dressing better

Cobra Kai wrote:
I want to get one of my suits taken in to fit like this picture. 

35m3b07.jpg

What do I ask the tailor to do to it?

What designer is this?
Hermes??

Originally Posted by Mr Oizo

People like their suits to fit that way. U mad doggy? Get out of here with that some things are timeless bs. If I want to wear a suit that fits like that, catch me. Sorry that we don't have the same taste.
+*!*!% like you are the ones who were hating on people wearing fitted jeans when they just started coming around.

tired.gif
grin.gif
You're trolling hard with your childishness.  Only fools take honest opinions/advice and flip it to "hate".

People have been rocking fitted jeans for a minute, it's the hood dudes that are just catching on.  They are the one's that couldn't let go of the excessively baggy jeans.  Still, the other extreme, which is extremely tight skinny jeans is not a good look.  Fitted jeans are the medium.

The youth coming through stepping on all you old @*% #$$+%+ timeless trends
If you want to wear and overly tight suit, that's on you.  You will look like a fool, just like those that wear their %+*% off the rack or buy suits that are just too big.

You can %+*% on timeless looks all you want, there is a reason why they are timeless so your opinion is null and void on that topic.

Looks change, trends change.  Timeless looks have stood the test of time.  Persia made a good point, you can look at pics of the Rat Pack or any other crooner or actor from the 60's and their looks are
smokin.gif

You want to wear a suit that is a size too small, because you like the look, by all means wear it.  However, when someone tells you your suit is too small, you don't have much to say except for: "I like the way a bad fitting, too tight suit looks
smokin.gif
".

For now you will belong in the "they think they're doing it" thread.

Originally Posted by LORENander

Originally Posted by firered18

Hey whats up guys, I lurk this thread hardcore bc im trying to get a more mature look and Ive decided to invest in a pair of boat shoes.  I've decided that black Sperry's look tacky, and now I am down between 2 pairs of brown ones.  I plan for these to be all-purpose(able to wear them with pretty much anything appropriate/any color shirt) can yall help me decide which ones according to that criteria? Here they are:

Here we have the classic Brown leather joints

And here we have the lovely Amaretto joints

Which one is the best choice??

i own the one on top, and i find it to be more versatile. amarettos are nice too. you said the amarettos were lovely, so based on that, get the amarettos lol
oh BTW, i was looking for a new pair of boat shoes myself. if you want the amarettos, hit this link up. its going for $65 for now unless you found a better deal. either shoe is
pimp.gif
 http://www.onlineshoes.com/mens-sperry-top-sider-authentic-original-2-eye-amaretto-p_id18079
hey i'm not sure if u [icked a pair yet.
i just copped some bass shoes. check them out, a little bit more expensive than the sperrys but they are pretty sexy. copp from the bass site.

21235809_020_b

Originally Posted by Cobra Kai

I want to get one of my suits taken in to fit like this picture.

35m3b07.jpg

What do I ask the tailor to do to it?
What brand is your suit?  If your suit doesn't already have the same frame/shape as let's say an OTR Zara, H&M, F21 etc suit, you'll spend quite a bit getting it altered.  All you literally have to do is basically take that picture to a tailor and see what they can do for you, simple as that.  I would suggest trying on a suit that fits similar, then seeing how comfortable it is to you.  Although you may like the look, it could be rather uncomfortable.
Or you can invest in snug fitting suits from the above mentioned, or if you have the cash, brands like Thom Browne, John Varvatos, Band of Outsiders, Burberry Prorsum, etc make pretty slim fitting suits.  

Originally Posted by retroflashbacks

Originally Posted by tonton32

does anyone know where i can find some decently/cheap priced drivers in NYC? 

it was easy to find the type that i like in asia and europe but i cant for the life of me find nice ones in NYC for some reason, here are some examples...
Check century 21. I picked up a few pairs by Tommy Hilfiger a few weeks ago for $45 a pop.

Picked up a pair of red suede, navy suede, and brown leather.
Can you tell me what the model name (and if you have a pic) is of the red suede TH driving shoes/loafers you got?
I had gotten a pair of Lacoste Concours but I wasn't too thrilled with them and they weren't comfortable.

TINY pic but it's all I could find, seems like they're sold out at this point:

lacoste-zappos-casual-shoes-concours.jpg

hi guys i have a wedding this saturday and i just get this nice dark blue suit but i dont really know what color to wear for the combo shirt tie shoes...any idea would be greatly appreciated thx

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Originally Posted by Mr Oizo

People like their suits to fit that way. U mad doggy? Get out of here with that some things are timeless bs. If I want to wear a suit that fits like that, catch me. Sorry that we don't have the same taste.
+*!*!% like you are the ones who were hating on people wearing fitted jeans when they just started coming around.

tired.gif
grin.gif
You're trolling hard with your childishness.  Only fools take honest opinions/advice and flip it to "hate".

People have been rocking fitted jeans for a minute, it's the hood dudes that are just catching on.  They are the one's that couldn't let go of the excessively baggy jeans.  Still, the other extreme, which is extremely tight skinny jeans is not a good look.  Fitted jeans are the medium.

The youth coming through stepping on all you old @*% #$$+%+ timeless trends
If you want to wear and overly tight suit, that's on you.  You will look like a fool, just like those that wear their %+*% off the rack or buy suits that are just too big.

You can %+*% on timeless looks all you want, there is a reason why they are timeless so your opinion is null and void on that topic.

Looks change, trends change.  Timeless looks have stood the test of time.  Persia made a good point, you can look at pics of the Rat Pack or any other crooner or actor from the 60's and their looks are
smokin.gif

You want to wear a suit that is a size too small, because you like the look, by all means wear it.  However, when someone tells you your suit is too small, you don't have much to say except for: "I like the way a bad fitting, too tight suit looks
smokin.gif
".

For now you will belong in the "they think they're doing it" thread.

I'm trolling because we have different taste? Uh, no. You can't tell me what style. Just because YOU think it looks bad doesn't mean I do. Forget all that "This is the only look that looks good. If you're not wearing what I believe to be is fashion then you're just a fool thinking they're doing it."
I can promise you I'll be wearing the same type of suit I'm wearing now in 20 years. You sound really foolish. I think I'm doing it? No @%%%$, that's just what I like to wear. Fools who think they're doing it look back on their decisions and are embarrassed. I'm not going to look back on what I'm wearing now and be like, "Damn what the hell was I thinking?" Have you ever stopped to think maybe someone doesn't give a care about what the general consensus is on a "perfect fitting suit" is?

I'm done with you guys.

Originally Posted by frenchswagg

hi guys i have a wedding this saturday and i just get this nice dark blue suit but i dont really know what color to wear for the combo shirt tie shoes...any idea would be greatly appreciated thx
Give us some details on the wedding.  Location, time of day, etc. Off the top of my head: A light pink shirt with a grey tie could look great. Also, you can spruce up the look by wearing brown shoes rather than the typical black (just make sure your belt coordinates with that). What you really want to nail is the fit though. Even the most aesthetically pleasing shirt/tie combo would be ruined if the sizing is off. Department stores like Macy's have shirt/tie combos which most likely won't give a great fit but you can get some ideas of what looks good with your particular suit. Here's a link to a GQ summer wedding guide.

http://www.gq.com/style/w...er-wedding-style#slide=1

Originally Posted by solefulJs

Originally Posted by marmourjr

Anybody knows the quality of ASOS clothing?

From my experience it seems to be on par with like BDG from Urban Outfitters.

Thanks.  Thinking about getting these from them...

image1xl.jpg

Been searching for these Chukkas
any1 know where I could get them that's NOT a UK price of 100 euros?

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0050/4532/products/VANS_CHUKKA_DEL_BARCO_DECON_CA_CANVAS****AKE_TRUE_WHITE_1611.jpg?117455

Originally Posted by MuslimShady

Originally Posted by frenchswagg

Give us some details on the wedding.  Location, time of day, etc. Off the top of my head: A light pink shirt with a grey tie could look great. Also, you can spruce up the look by wearing brown shoes rather than the typical black (just make sure your belt coordinates with that). What you really want to nail is the fit though. Even the most aesthetically pleasing shirt/tie combo would be ruined if the sizing is off. Department stores like Macy's have shirt/tie combos which most likely won't give a great fit but you can get some ideas of what looks good with your particular suit. Here's a link to a GQ summer wedding guide.

http://www.gq.com/style/w...er-wedding-style#slide=1
thx a lot for the answer concerning the suit its slim fitted dark blue the wedding im only going to the late diner/afterparty during the evening it's gonna be in downtown Paris and i was thinking about a dark blue shirt with a black tie and black shoes simple but classy i think...or maybe not lol 
laugh.gif

^ ^ ^
Camel

Boss Tweeds
In your father's day, tweed suits were thicker than carpeting and itchier than straw, and no one was happy. Those sad days are over. Actor James Marsden walks the dockside streets of Red Hook, Brooklyn, in a new breed of killer tweed

Not Made From Scratch
Unlike those prickly, boxy versions buried at the Salvation Army, these tweeds are cut for 2011. Plus, they're sturdy without feeling like Kevlar.

Meet Donegal, Your Newest Office Assistant
What do meetings and fox hunts have in common? You could wear this speckled donegal tweed to either.
james-marsden-02.jpg

Notice a Pattern?
Every look on Mr. Marsden gets a brash-patterned shirt, because these suits can't be overpowered.
james-marsden-03.jpg

Keep the Band Together
This three-piece is sold separately, but screw that: Buy the whole thing and wear it separately. Try these pants with a sweater or the jacket with jeans.
james-marsden-04.jpg

Tweed's Blue Period
It's not just the cut that's been updated; tweed suits are traditionally brown or gray. Who knows what might come next?
james-marsden-05.jpg

I tried on a tweed brown jacket at jcrew yesterday...that thing is a most for casual wear in the fall or even winter.

Originally Posted by ScarsOrScabs

Originally Posted by retroflashbacks

Originally Posted by tonton32

does anyone know where i can find some decently/cheap priced drivers in NYC? 

it was easy to find the type that i like in asia and europe but i cant for the life of me find nice ones in NYC for some reason, here are some examples...
Check century 21. I picked up a few pairs by Tommy Hilfiger a few weeks ago for $45 a pop.

Picked up a pair of red suede, navy suede, and brown leather.
Can you tell me what the model name (and if you have a pic) is of the red suede TH driving shoes/loafers you got?
I had gotten a pair of Lacoste Concours but I wasn't too thrilled with them and they weren't comfortable.

TINY pic but it's all I could find, seems like they're sold out at this point:

lacoste-zappos-casual-shoes-concours.jpg

Here's a generic pic of the drivers I picked up..

http://jockmyfresh.com/pr...ZZZZZZ___96652_thumb.jpg

can't seem to find a picture of the navy or brown ones.

the model is "Bradley".

not sure where you're located..but i picked them up at the C21 in Bay Ridge.

Originally Posted by RFX45

^ ^ ^
Camel

Fuark...tried the Uniqlo DB Trenchcoat today, and it was extremely nice.  Had a quilt liner for added warmth...great fit...great construction.
I hope they still have my size come Tuesday or I will be upset.

Back
Top Bottom