Dressing better

Originally Posted by sloanboy

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by sloanboy

Originally Posted by niidawg3
is your stuff tailored made? fits very well
I doubt it's made from scratch, but altered...jacket = sleeves, width taken in, pants = inseam, and maybe seat and waist. You cannot wear suits off the rack 99.9% of the time. When you buy more expensive suits, the pants usually come in a long inseam of 34-35'' and the hem is unfinished...so that you can get it altered to your length. This is the theory behind designer denim too, that's why Diesel, R&R, etc. come in 34'' inseam. But people don't know better and just wear them as is, ending up dragging on the floor looking super unsanitary.
how much does it usually cost
What are you referring to? Sleeves shortened about $25-50 for both sides. Width taken in = $25-45, a bit less for shirts thanblazers/sportscoats. Hem legs is around $10-15 and original hemming is around $20-25. That's how much I pay for the services anyways, prices range fromthe 3 tailoring shops I go to.

It would be okay for his sleeves to be that length if he was wearing a french cuff shirt but he's not that's why it looks awkward.

Hey.. so I saw this Jil Sander suit on AR. It's only $697, but "60% wool, 39% polyester, 1% spandex"... REALLY!!?

Is it even worth it beyond brand name? I'm a quality man myself..

368863523.jpg

^ brand name? that's a woman's brand, you can even tell by the guy's pose

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

Originally Posted by c0nf0cal

You guys have a lot of rules about cuff length. Perhaps at a funeral its a good idea to look like everyone else. Men are pretty restricted with what a
"suit" can be worn as...showing a little cuff is a way to make it unique rather than looking like everyone else.

Justin_Timberlake%5B1%5D.jpg
That's ok for the sloppy relaxed suit look...

but if you got the tie on, and your about to goto a power meeting or something, make sure that cuff game is in check.

not to mention both of them have their arms flexed or stretched out, I bet they fall right to where they should be as soon as they put their arms at theirsides. either way fashion is more about guidelines than actual rules, but showing too much cuff can really look terrible.

Originally Posted by infamousod

You guys have a lot of rules about cuff length. Perhaps at a funeral its a good idea to look like everyone else. Men are pretty restricted with what a
"suit" can be worn as...showing a little cuff is a way to make it unique rather than looking like everyone else.

but if you got the tie on, and your about to goto a power meeting or something, make sure that cuff game is in check.

not to mention both of them have their arms flexed or stretched out, I bet they fall right to where they should be as soon as they put their arms at their sides. either way fashion is more about guidelines than actual rules, but showing too much cuff can really look terrible.

QFT..
Arms down relaxed, too much cuff looks whimsical and non serious...you would be amazed at how much these little nuances matter when it comes to the entirepackage..

Originally Posted by wj4

FYI BR has a sale going on right now, extra 30% off on sale items. There are shoes and suits on sale at good prices already and with 30% off that, it becomes even a better deal.
Yep, I got a cardigan out of there for like $30

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Themsomeflykicks

Hey.. so I saw this Jil Sander suit on AR. It's only $697, but "60% wool, 39% polyester, 1% spandex"... REALLY!!?

Is it even worth it beyond brand name? I'm a quality man myself..

368863523.jpg

When buying Jil Sander suits (or any designer suit for that matter; Prada, Gucci, D&G, etc...) you really are paying for the fit.
You will rarely find suits fit the same way as those designer brands OTR. They cost more for the name but they also look better (if it fits you).
Quality isn't the best but it isn't as bad as some make it seem. You won't get H&M quality, heck it is probably of better quality than BananaRepublic.
There are better alternatives but for overall fit, very few compares OTR.

I just want the dark gray suede DB's.
I have been looking for that one in my size for a while.
I hope to see it in person before making the purchase though so I hope some stores would get it.

Originally Posted by Vancity74

Originally Posted by Jehul

OP, feel free to check out my blog. It's basically a daily account of what I wore to the office. I get my inspiration mostly from observing what other people wear and then picking/choosing what I think works for me. You mentioned GQ, great mag to get ideas from.

Ultimately though your dress will be determined primarily by what area of business you decide to get into(ex.Banking is going to be more conservative than say advertising).

Here's the link: http://jehul.blogspot.com/

No offense, but if I was your boss, I'd fire you for coming into work with some of the outfits you have posted on your blog.
LAWL. No offense taken.
smile.gif

Care to elaborate though? I'm curious.

anyone ever buy JOnes New York suits from mens wearhouse?

Im in a wedding and we HAVE to buy a vest and pants, but Im wondering if I should go ahead and by the jacket, otherwise im going to have a useless vest

Originally Posted by 360wavesandxbox

Originally Posted by infamousod

not to mention both of them have their arms flexed or stretched out, I bet they fall right to where they should be as soon as they put their arms at their sides. either way fashion is more about guidelines than actual rules, but showing too much cuff can really look terrible.

QFT..
Arms down relaxed, too much cuff looks whimsical and non serious...you would be amazed at how much these little nuances matter when it comes to the entire package..
Why wouldn't you want to look a little whimsical? Its not like he's wearing a short suit when he should have a regular cut. I thinkhe's bending the rules as opposed to breaking them. What happened to attitude, charm, and a general confidence when you wear clothes? A guy concerned witha 1/4 inch of cuff might be a little scared to wear his clothes IMO.

Originally Posted by Vancity74

OP, feel free to check out my blog. It's basically a daily account of what I wore to the office. I get my inspiration mostly from observing what other people wear and then picking/choosing what I think works for me. You mentioned GQ, great mag to get ideas from.

Ultimately though your dress will be determined primarily by what area of business you decide to get into(ex.Banking is going to be more conservative than say advertising).

Here's the link: http://jehul.blogspot.com/

No offense, but if I was your boss, I'd fire you for coming into work with some of the outfits you have posted on your blog.
LAWL. No offense taken.
smile.gif

Care to elaborate though? I'm curious.

I checked out your blog. Seems like standard office wear with your own twist to it. Don't know where this dude works that you'd get firedat for wearing that stuff. The Burger King perhaps...

I've been following this thread for sometime, some good stuff too, these are a bit expensive but I'd like to share: Quote: Fresh from the workshop, theWings + Horns X Dayton Service Boot is back, but in brown! These bad boys are in a new oiled cowhide that will age beautifully and stand up to whatever theelements throw at them. These boots have the same impeccable craftsmanship as any Dayton boot, they've been soaked to give them their distinct shape, andlightly distressed by hand for a well worn look. $798 CAD.
9l90kx.jpg

16jpph2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom