eBay sellers selling GM/Unauthorized shoes as Authentic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
is this different than grey market luxury goods such as fine watches?

because retailers like costco, jomashop, prestigetime have clearly authentic items at a discounted price-- but they are not "authorized dealers". 

Forget the fact that at the beginning of the video, the box is completely different. We all know the GM market can't ever seem to fake the box properly. They suck at that. 

But how about:

1) At 2:00 - Why is the tongue tag so different? Why is the fabric smoother on the retail pair, and the GM pair is rougher in texture? Why is the Flight script all different and messed up too? Same with the Jumpman. Why isn't it EXACTLY the same as it should be if it's "da same thing". Why does it look like a 3 yr old stitched the tongue tag? 

2) At 2:50 - Why are there blatant differences between the two midsoles? What's up with those markings and that funny groove that shouldn't be there. NONE of my 4s from 2012/2013 have that.

3) At 4:00 - There are closer up shots of the differences between the tongue tags. 

4) At 7:00 - WHY IS THE AIRSOLE DIFFERENT? That's the part that's really scary. Did they just toss a GS airsole in there? Or is it just completely fugazi/fake? Why are the holes so small. Why is the airsole different AT ALL? That should look EXACTLY THE SAME. But the holes on the GM are soooo much smaller. What's up with that?

5)Of course the GM didn't come with the shoe trees and chopsticks. Just more corner cutting by the GM market.

Jumpman Bostic is not the most knowledgeable dude when it comes to GM. That's why there is a lot of pointless fluff in this video. But the points I mentioned above are solid observations on his behalf. He just recently found out that they aren't "da same thing". But he's learning fast. 

My take: GM shoes USUALLY have the same materials. Sometimes the entire shoe is made of the same exact materials. A lot of times they aren't, though. GM royal 1s are the worst case of that. You'll see 3s with hilarious elephant print that looks all bold and huge just like the replics have. One thing common among most GM shoes is the total lack of quality control. Say what you want about how bad JB's quality control is, but it's nowhere near as bad as the GM market. What's up with widow's peeks ALL OVER most GM shoes. Why is it that some GM models have widow's peeks in all the same exact locations, while retail pairs don't have any at all? What's up with that? Why are some shades of colors blatantly different as we've seen with some outsoles and even colors of leather. I just thing the overall execution is waaaaaaaaay sloppier in the GM market, from bad stitching, to bad paint jobs, to messy gluing. It's all just way worse than JB does it. For that reason, I don't think they are worth anything close to what retail pairs go for. They are nicer than replicas, but not as nice, and DEFINITELY NOT "DA SAME THING" as retail pairs. To me, they are trash, but I understand why some of you buy them.

um when did i do that?

i never flip flopped, read my posts from years ago.

I always thought GM were real when 99% of NT attacked me for thinking that. Others jumped on board and thought the same as me, as i did more research on my own and among other things, ive changed my stance recently and they are all fake IMO.

Bro, you were the poster boy of sticking up for slam dunk space and all those wack sites when the issue first was brought up and you said the shoes were real, and to your point most people were at that time, When SDS and the dude from marqueesole were on here talking about the fake space jams and promo 3s and 4s you were copping all types of pleas because you originally stuck your neck out for them and dude from sds came on here and called the shoes fake with his own mouth. Fast forward to the conversations earlier in the year in the JB section you and ninja were hardcore in there sticking up for them calling them legit again. This brings us to now where you're in here calling them fake again. How is continuing to change your stance not flip flopping? I could care less about your stance either way, but at least stick to something lol.

i never went back, i didnt stick up for them, i stuck up for the shoes.

like i said in my posts before, in the past before the shoe game blew up, they DID sell legit shoes.

now majority if not all of them are FAKE.

theres no going back, ive done enough research, more than most here. thats for sure. and im confident in these being 100% fake.

no need to write a huge 1000 word paragraph about what i did or said. im not denying or changing my story.

did i think the shoes were legit in the past and up until 6 months ago? YES

the more and more i looked through sites, pics, videos, evidence, and shoes ive received, it was obvious. If the shoes were real id have no problem saying it. Ninja can preach all he wants and wear what ever he wants, its his opinion and most here arent buying it unless its some 15 year old who wants to get in the game and doesnt know any better.

Forget the fact that at the beginning of the video, the box is completely different. We all know the GM market can't ever seem to fake the box properly. They suck at that. 

But how about:

1) At 2:00 - Why is the tongue tag so different? Why is the fabric smoother on the retail pair, and the GM pair is rougher in texture? Why is the Flight script all different and messed up too? Same with the Jumpman. Why isn't it EXACTLY the same as it should be if it's "da same thing". Why does it look like a 3 yr old stitched the tongue tag? 

2) At 2:50 - Why are there blatant differences between the two midsoles? What's up with those markings and that funny groove that shouldn't be there. NONE of my 4s from 2012/2013 have that.

3) At 4:00 - There are closer up shots of the differences between the tongue tags. 

4) At 7:00 - WHY IS THE AIRSOLE DIFFERENT? That's the part that's really scary. Did they just toss a GS airsole in there? Or is it just completely fugazi/fake? Why are the holes so small. Why is the airsole different AT ALL? That should look EXACTLY THE SAME. But the holes on the GM are soooo much smaller. What's up with that?

5)Of course the GM didn't come with the shoe trees and chopsticks. Just more corner cutting by the GM market.

Jumpman Bostic is not the most knowledgeable dude when it comes to GM. That's why there is a lot of pointless fluff in this video. But the points I mentioned above are solid observations on his behalf. He just recently found out that they aren't "da same thing". But he's learning fast. 

My take: GM shoes USUALLY have the same materials. Sometimes the entire shoe is made of the same exact materials. A lot of times they aren't, though. GM royal 1s are the worst case of that. You'll see 3s with hilarious elephant print that looks all bold and huge just like the replics have. One thing common among most GM shoes is the total lack of quality control. Say what you want about how bad JB's quality control is, but it's nowhere near as bad as the GM market. What's up with widow's peeks ALL OVER most GM shoes. Why is it that some GM models have widow's peeks in all the same exact locations, while retail pairs don't have any at all? What's up with that? Why are some shades of colors blatantly different as we've seen with some outsoles and even colors of leather. I just thing the overall execution is waaaaaaaaay sloppier in the GM market, from bad stitching, to bad paint jobs, to messy gluing. It's all just way worse than JB does it. For that reason, I don't think they are worth anything close to what retail pairs go for. They are nicer than replicas, but not as nice, and DEFINITELY NOT "DA SAME THING" as retail pairs. To me, they are trash, but I understand why some of you buy them.

son, all of this is quality control issues..and TRUST me if you've worked in a sneaker store for a while you'll realize that store bought

pairs ALL SHARE these types of blemishes..i mean after all these sneakers are made to WEAR, PLAY BALL IN and THROW AWAY...

da REAL problem is da fact that geeks took to sneakers as their next way to get their collecting rocks off and forgot about da fact that

sneakers ARE NOT MADE PERFECT...i WISH da internet was around in da early 90's....you would've seen WORSE **** then now...

and i used to work at sneaker stores, i would go throw BOXES of pairs of jordans, until i felt i picked da right one, quality control has

nothing to do with grey markets, its just da nature of da beast called manufacturing...

Please find me retail pairs of 1s that have widow's peeks in the back of the shoe.

Again, why is the airsole completely different?

And the tongue tags are completely different...you can even see it in the image of the video quoted in your post. That flight script is all sorts of wrong.\

And if it's an issue with manufacturing...then why are ALL the issues on the GM pair while the retail pair didn't have any of those flaws. You can see how much cleaner, nicer, well executed the retail pair is in comparison to the GM pair. That's my point. The issue is mainly with execution, rather than materials. The one thing that stands out to me most is the airsole though. WHATS UP WITH THAT

Last edited:
different materials, feel, look, etc, etc are normal with Nike/JB?

nah man, sorry but thats BS.

we know about quality issues but take 100 pairs from NDC and all shoes, will look, feel, and smell the same bruh. they arent using different materials every shift or something.

please stop man.

i like you, your one of my fav NTers and on 99% of the subjects we can agree on and be cool but the stuff your spewing out makes no sense and im not sure how even you can believe it.

And the tongue tags are completely different...you can even see it in the image of the video quoted in your post. That flight script is all sorts of wrong.
son you literally basically gotta be sniffing da next *****'s foot...if you're doing that to tell if something is a grey market to a pair thats a retail

then you doing too much...

widow's peak....
laugh.gif
thats da type of geek **** that turns me off to neo sneaker nerds these days

for da layman in general this is what he's talking about..

350x700px-LL-a9d0bf50_20130901_003600.jpeg

see that little itty bitty of leather that comes at a point? THAT is what validates you from having a grey market early release pair, to a retail pair..

View media item 558290
this pair doesn't have it....

all da first run of royal I's from da grey markets had none, and if you worried about that losing sleeping over it then you got other issues.

I mean, JB shoes bought from authorized retailers all have weird @#$@ ups. I bought my first pair of Jordans in 6 years (Fire Red IIIs) and my shoes are different shapes when you look closely :smh: :lol: Bought them just as beaters so I don't care too much anymore

Last edited:
Are you serious? You can't see the widow's peak right in the middle of that shoe? It's as plain as day. And please, stop calling me son. Are you capable of having a debate without getting all hyper defensive to the point where you are disrespecting people? Knock that **** off. Seriously, you act like every debate is someone questioning your integrity or something. grow up.

we know about quality issues but take 100 pairs from NDC and all shoes, will look, feel, and smell the same bruh. they arent using different materials every shift or something.
explain da space jams then.

different materials? look? feel? last time i check had it not been for da grey market thread i HELPED create, none of ya ****** would've

known whats what.

da correct term for em is grey market for a REASON...they're unauthorized, and made out da back door, with no kinda of filter when it comes

to quality (but these days you can say da same for nike/JB ) but they're definitely made outta da same materials, and made from da same places.

i mean if you gotta basically use a 1080p camera and ZOOOOOOOM in to see minute differences

it stitching, that RETAIL PAIRS ALSO SHARE then guess what?

you doing too much...

why haven't they made grey market yeezys? because those were ALOT MORE protected then jordans.

they don't even make grey market foamposites. its literally just been isolated to just jordans for da most part due to da CDP retroing every jordan

on da line and da tech packs floating around to all da former factories....rockdeep told ya ****** about this **** so many times, i think money

just gave up from trying to educate ya.

different materials? look? feel? last time i check had it not been for da grey market thread i HELPED create, none of ya ****** would've

known whats what.

da correct term for em is grey market for a REASON...they're unauthorized, and made out da back door, with no kinda of filter when it comes

to quality (but these days you can say da same for nike/JB ) but they're definitely made outta da same materials, and made from da same places.

i mean if you gotta basically use a 1080p camera and ZOOOOOOOM in to see minute differences

you doing too much...

why haven't they made grey market yeezys? because those were ALOT MORE protected then jordans.

they don't even make grey market foamposites. its literally just been isolated to just jordans for da most part due to da CDP retroing every jordan

on da line and da tech packs floating around to all da former factories....rockdeep told ya ****** about this **** so many times, i think money

How does marqueesole get foamposites and Lebrons? Those aren't grey market?

Are you serious? You can't see the widow's peak right in the middle of that shoe? It's as plain as day.
laugh.gif
@ a millimeter of leather getting you salty...its not that serious b.

and da first run of grey market royal I's didn't even have it...so now what?

sneaker nerd ****** is da worst......i hate what over analyzing former pokemon card collecting dweebs did to sneakers...i remember

copping jordans and flights from sneaker stores in da 90's with stitching all crooked, and overglued not giving a **** because they were gonna

touch da ground and get rocked till da soles came off, not worshiped in a closet, never to see da light of day...thats why i dont feel NO KINDA WAY

about chinese factories taking liberty of churining out sneakers long after nike told em to stop, damn snot nosed punks thing they're gonna get rich

hoarding sneakers and selling em on ebay, and buy out stocks of shoes out stores, just to chuck em online...****** need to find a new hustle, cuz

da asians is da ones with da work, and they cutting out ya fake hustling middle men courtesy of da internet...get a real job fake hustling reselling punks.

known whats what.

you doing too much...

How does marqueesole get foamposites and Lebrons? Those aren't grey market?
grey market foamposites.....
laugh.gif
where?

have ya forgot foamposites are some of da most expensive sneakers to manufacture? they either make FAKE foams which are obvious, or they're real.

lebrons i ain't speaking on..i dont follow em like that...i usually buy 1 pair from a store a year and calling it a wrap.

Grey market foamposites exist, like u said them Harlem and Fordham road stores r filled with em

^ I get that part. But what I was really asking is are marqueesole's product grey market? They seem to carry more than the typical grey market sites like with foamposites and Lebrons.

Grey market foamposites exist, like u said them Harlem and Fordham road stores r filled with em
nah, thats da indians buying out complete stocks of other store's pairs and re-selling em for a premium, or buying em early online, but

they never have em as early as grey market jordans...never.

I'm not salty...I don't  buy GM sneakers so it doesn't bother me. I'm just pointing out what you said WASN'T there, when it actually was. I wear all my sneakers. But if I can catch these GM clowns not cutting corners, but chopping them off...I'm good. Who knows what else is wrong with the shoe that you can't see. You still aren't addressing the AIRSOLE UNIT which was clearly different. 

Keep trying to call people that are against buying GM sneakers whatever names you want...just shows how insecure you are. You always gotta turn it into an immature argument rather than a debate. It's like your MO. You do it in every debate.

Bottom line is the shoes are NOT the same thing. Maybe not all the way fake, but definitely NOT the same thing. No way i'm paying more than 120-130 for that  lack of quality garbage, IF i were to even entertain the thought of doing so. Keep spewin insults..."b".

I can't belive I'm saying this but ninjahood is 100000% correct.

This mainstreaming of sneaker culture is having new cats playing themselves calling legit identical products fake, because Nike didn't give it some magicall kiss that makes authentic.

If the Red Yeezy's hit the GM, I can't wait to see what happens.

Last edited:
Grey market sites have lebrons and Foams

your a fool if you dont think they are suspect/GM

the reason you dont see too many people buying them is because they cost a lot and as much as they sell for in the USA. If they were selling them for $150 everyone would be copping royals and w/e colors they have and we would know more and see more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom