ELYSIUM -- Matt Damon and the director of District 9 -- Trailer

Seems like all of Hollywood is making some sort of sci fi movie involving earth and it's demise.
nerd.gif

This movie is such a Halo ripoff. Everytime I see the commericals I get annoyed.
I've been a Blomkamp fan since the Halo shorts he directed.

This should be incredible.
Wish they would just let him make the Halo movie

Last edited:
This movie is such a Halo ripoff. Everytime I see the commericals I get annoyed.

Wish they would just let him make the Halo movie

What could've been smh :smh:

Hopefully this Halo TV show will satiate our appetites

early reviews are not being very kind currently sitting at 50% on RT

still going to check it out tho

I've been trying to avoid reviews. Don't even want to know what the damn Tomatometer on RT is at right now. :smh:

I guess I shouldn't of come to the thread. I like to keep an open mind for movies I'm interested in. Can't let reviewers dictate my decision.

I guess I shouldn't of come to the thread. I like to keep an open mind for movies I'm interested in. Can't let reviewers dictate my decision.

Exactly. I never check reviews, if the trailer looks good, and I like the producer/director/main actors then I'm interested.

There are no other movies that I'm looking forward too, after Elysium I probably won't go to movies until the Wolf of Wall Street releases in november, and also 47 too..

I know reviewers probably said good things about IM3 and Avengers, but both movies were very mediocre for what was originally anticipated.

Last edited:
according to RT "Gatsby" was at 49% critics review but the audience review was more like 70%... I thought the movie was pretty good around a 70% too.

at the same time RT critics review gave hangover III 19% while the audience review gave it 46%... I would rate hangover III like 5% crap movie don't watch.

So you gotta keep in mind both scores and kinda weigh them out but I noticed generally if the audience reviews are decent / high usually the movie is worth a watch / possibly entertaining movie.

and yeah I'm def gonna watch elysium its my bday next weekend. I didn't realize the guy from district 9 was the bad guy in this movie.

Last edited:
So you gotta keep in mind both scores and kinda weigh them out but I noticed generally if the audience reviews are decent / high usually the movie is worth a watch / possibly entertaining movie.

This logic kinda goes out the window when you're talking about Adam Sandler movies that get 4% from critics, but 50% from the audience.

I saw it last night at an early show or whatever and I thought it was way good. Any other questions holler at me. I am not good at these reviews :lol:

This movie looks good. I've done a good job at keeping away from reviews that might influence my judgement :lol:

I want to see it tonight but I don't want to go to a midnight opening by myself. :smh:

just saw it def a solid movie. not amazing but entertaining. id say 7.5/10

jodie foster was HORRIBLE tho

I already really don't like Jodie Foster (her way of talking and mannerisms in "Inside Man" made me want to reach through the screen and smack her stupid smirking face), so I'm legitimately worried she will detract from my enjoyment of this movie.

I already really don't like Jodie Foster (her way of talking and mannerisms in "Inside Man" made me want to reach through the screen and smack her stupid smirking face), so I'm legitimately worried she will detract from my enjoyment of this movie.
naww she plays an important role but luckily she sees somewhat limited screen time...

I saw Elysium today. It was good. Vickers from District 9's character in the movie was dope too. Really good villain. I didn't mind Jodie Foster's performance. The character she played wasn't likeable by design.

The action and effects are beautiful. Really enjoyable film. It's another good gritty sci-fi from the guy who did District 9. (They need to make a sequel to District 9.)

Saw it last night, not a bad film, I'd give it 8/10.

It really needed a little more action, but the special effects were very good, just as good as the CGI in Prometheus I think. I didn't mind Jodie Foster at all, she was barely on screen for 15 minutes of the entire movie :lol:

When I saw star trek and & superman in IMAX they showed the Elysium trailer, and the shot they had of the women in the red bikini walking to the machine had me thinking this would be worth IMAX but I'm really glad I saw it in the normal theater :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom