ELYSIUM -- Matt Damon and the director of District 9 -- Trailer

District 9 had a sad ending. I was crushed at Wikus turning into an alien and being on camera as he made the flower.

saw this last night. it was really good. the weapons that was used in the film was too dope. wish I had seen a little more of them though. and the robots were cool.

saw it...
this movie should be a rental you get at redbox on a boring tuesday

Last edited:
Saw it Sunday night...

Typical sci-fi action thriller type, Matt Damon and Sharlto Copley (Wikus from D9) were definitely the best parts.

Pretty predictable ending, not enough explanation on how Elysium came to be and how it functions

6.8/10

Can someone please tell me how there was only 2 robots in the whole movie lmao. They played us for real.

I threw district 9 out my window it sucked so bad. Stupid aliens. I hope this is nothing like that waste of 10 dollars.

Can someone please tell me how there was only 2 robots in the whole movie lmao. They played us for real.

was it suppose to be a robot movie. there were robots everywhere, both on Elysium and the ones playing police in LA.

Great story. But it could have explained certain scenes a little bit more. However, then people would complain about the movie about being too long.

They had to keep the plot moving, and you couldn't get to know the Matt Damon character any better. It wasn't like they could take out any scenes either, i think all of them held some importance

I caught the regular screening. did anybody watch a different screening type? the fight scenes flash by real fast. it was like watching an MMA fight but the cameras were zoomed in real close.

I threw district 9 out my window it sucked so bad. Stupid aliens. I hope this is nothing like that waste of 10 dollars.

I thought it was cool they had dumb aliens. Errrybody cant be an astonaut/scientist in a society

Who gonna make the damn burgers, b ?

you're supposed to provide contradicting evidence or at least a convincing argument prior to saying "like i said"...

smh
You're right.

He's missing out on a fresh, engaging, and emotional film.

The plot was predictable, but what mattered in the end was the "trip."

There was not a dull moment in the movie.

One of the main things that weren't cleared up was what exactly is elysium and what do the citizens do or think of "earth."

Most people will enjoy this movie.

If you're a nitpicker, you won't enjoy it.

The Visual effects were amazing. Blomkamp's effects team are truly the best in the industry.
The villain was great, he was ruthless and relentless and wouldn't stop for anything. The concept of the story is very good but The story and writing for the movie were pretty bad. The story got worst as the movie went on but the visuals make it up for me.

A very spot on review of the movie (WARNING: SPOILERS)
http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/reviews/elysium-review.php

Was I the only one who thought that the suit Damon wore gave him super powers?

In the trailer, I thought that Damon was the one who flipped that car with his hand.

That's what they made it seem like, but eventually I saw that that was actually the villian.

enh, i'd give it a 3/5 where as i'd give district 9 a 4/5. it was alright. matt damon was decent in this. i work with a lot of south africans so that villain and his crew were what kept me interested :lol:. hearing the stuff i hear on a daily basis as far as slang and curse words was awesome. it was cool that the director also put the dude from district 9 in this one too. showing that SA love :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom