F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

SMH @ the crowdfunding... Caterham administrators preying on the generosity of F1 fans... and let's be realistic, if they do get the +2mm, then what?  That'll just help them with their Abu Dhabi race.  Long term prospects are unknown.  Just a Band-Aid. 

Anyway.  Incidentally, if Lewis wins here + a Nico DNF... the opposite (Nico win + Lew DNF), Nico will be the WDC.  Messed up, but I'd like to see that happen just to show the rulemakers what a ridiculous rule this is.  

SMH @ the crowdfunding... Caterham administrators preying on the generosity of F1 fans... and let's be realistic, if they do get the +2mm, then what?  That'll just help them with their Abu Dhabi race.  Long term prospects are unknown.  Just a Band-Aid. 

Anyway.  Incidentally, if Lewis wins here + a Nico DNF... the opposite (Nico win + Lew DNF), Nico will be the WDC.  Messed up, but I'd like to see that happen just to show the rulemakers what a ridiculous rule this is.  

No sinner, you won't want to see that happen :lol:

Haven't they canceled the rule for next year anyway?

Last edited:
No sinner, you won't want to see that happen
laugh.gif
Go NICO!!! Hahahhahahha...

But how epically bad was Nelsinho?  Crikey.  

^ He went back with a follow-up question, but that was just so, so, so, so bad... 
mean.gif

Rarely have there been good post-race interviews since they started doing this.  I understand why they're doing it, but they really need to make changes. 

LOL @ Kimi not letting Alonso pass and Ferrari letting them race... 

Well, the car's still the MP4-29... the main difference being the HONDA on the engine cover and a few cooling slots towards the back.  Can't wait to hear it... though I think it'll probably sound like all the other cars.  

Im glad they're keeping the silver and black but i kinda wish they go back to the red-white color scheme.:smokin

That was just a shakedown test... who knows what the livery will be for next season.  I'm hoping they go with the McLaren Papaya Orange test livery during the off-season though.

mp421-lg.jpg

Last edited:
It'll take time getting use to those being Mclaren cars but those are actually not bad if they decide to use that color. :lol: :pimp:

Yup, now that we are partnering with Honda again, we need to go back to that white/infrared livery :pimp:

my homie is gonna be at the race this weekend. so jelly >:

what are your guys' views ont he double points? i personally will be disappointed if lewis loses to nico due to it. he's the more deserving driver this year IMO

Fair to assume, most, if not all, F1 fans hate the double-points.  I saw some recent poll that said over 90% hated it.  It's a stupid gimmick to artificially create more hype and buzz to satisfy the Abu Dhabi race organizers.  Is the Abu Dhabi race really twice as better vs traditional races like Spa, Monza or Suzuka?  Hell no.

Bernie said that they were gonna drop it in 2015... but for now, like I mentioned previously, I actually want Nico to benefit from this, just to show how ridiculous this idea was. 

Also, saw that McLaren-Honda video they other day, but forgot to post in here... thanks IMASOLEMAN18...

Sounds like the current V6's, but that was to be expected.

In the meantime, pump up the volume...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom