F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

Same way Bottas was in 2020, they were within the tolerance of the sensors. The tolerance itself is a grey area but the sensors are what determine what's considered a jumpstart, not stewards

The transponders are absolute ****! He’s obviously in violation of the article that relates to moving as the lights are changing from red.

But onto some better news:

The end is near for that smug jerk.

The transponders are absolute ****! He’s obviously in violation of the article that relates to moving as the lights are changing from red.

But onto some better news:

The end is near for that smug jerk.

Even if they get rid of him, this whole red bull situation is going to be studied and talked about for years by HR and Marketing departments on how not to handle an incident like this.

Even if they get rid of him, this whole red bull situation is going to be studied and talked about for years by HR and Marketing departments on how not to handle an incident like this.

Is it just me or is there a drastic difference between the way that the American media treats hearsay and rumors vs how the European media treats hearsay and rumors? (I realize a good portion of these twitter accounts that we link to here aren’t fully representative but still…).

The European media seems to take rumors almost as statements of facts, where the American sports media is a bit more hesitant to run with things that aren’t confirmed by legitimate sources. That’s not to say that the American media only reports facts…

But to be fair- an astounding number of F1 rumors end up having truth to them.

Last edited:

giphy.gif

I never rated Logan very high, but I do feel for the guy... it's a very harsh decision.
It was Alex's error, so Logan shouldn't have to pay for it.

At the same time, from the team's perspective, Alex has scored something like 80% of their points last season, so you'd have to go with him to maximize your scoring opportunities. Pressure is now on Alex to have a clean race and make the most of it.

It sucks because Logan was not that far off from Albon in every practice session. He’s just having issues at Quali (Race 1 - steering wheel issue, Race 2 - too much traffic)

I haven't looked at the numbers, but I think Logan's racepace has always been much slower than Alex's, which is the main issue.

Bahrain. His race was over when his steering wheel glitched. Hard to judge there

Jeddah. Both was stuck behind K Mag for majority of the race

Hard to really judge this year alone

If Sargeant had shown any meaningful improvement this wouldn’t have happened and he’d be racing.

But since he is the worst driver on the grid this season, he sits because Williams needs to increase their odds of scoring points.

And what if Sargeant had performed better last season? Would Williams have had the money to have a spare chassis this weekend?

If Sargeant had shown any meaningful improvement this wouldn’t have happened and he’d be racing.

But since he is the worst driver on the grid this season, he sits because Williams needs to increase their odds of scoring points.

And what if Sargeant had performed better last season? Would Williams have had the money to have a spare chassis this weekend?
Considering they tracked parts via an excel spreadsheet who knows lol

Back
Top Bottom