F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

I rarely watch FP1, so sorry if this is a silly question, but how often do they put a lower tier driver in the car during that session like they did with Danny’s Red Bull? I realize there is the Japan connection, but why not have Liam do the FP1 session instead?

I rarely watch FP1, so sorry if this is a silly question, but how often do they put a lower tier driver in the car during that session like they did with Danny’s Red Bull? I realize there is the Japan connection, but why not have Liam do the FP1 session instead?

The FIA rules specify that every race driver has to give up an FP1 session for a rookie who has started no more than two grands prix. Liam is no longer considered a rookie.

Also… why’d they give Logan albon’s wrecked chassis instead of having him keep his?

At this point Sargeant is a waste of Williams’ resources. We are now watching the Logan Sargeant excuse and pity world tour as he’s proven again in FP1 that he’s no better than Nikita Mazepin 😂

Last edited:
P3/P6!!! Happy with that!
Merc's race pace has been good, so they're gonna be tricky.
Not sure what to expect from Nando... and dunno why Ferrari have looked off. 🤔

Cuz there's basically no in-season testing, these selected FP1 sessions for 'young drivers' are mandatory for all the teams. It's up to the team to decide when and who they substitute. And I think the rule is that the driver cannot have competed in 2 GP races, hence making Liam ineligible for any FP1 sessions this year.

The FIA rules specify that every race driver has to give up an FP1 session for a rookie who has started no more than two grands prix. Liam is no longer considered a rookie.

At this point Sargeant is a waste of Williams’ resources. We are now watching the Logan Sargeant excuse and pity world tour as he’s proven again in FP1 that he’s no better than Nikita Mazepin 😂
Sargeant isn’t that bad lol but yea the team basically showing they give zero ****s while is gonna screw them in the long run when nobody wants to drive for them

my girl's brother in law got these t-shirts for us for October and the Austin GP :lol:

1712424168295.png

One of those unique situations where a team/driver change gets announced so far in advanced that the fan-made merch can get a huge jump-start. 😅

Sargeant isn’t that bad lol but yea the team basically showing they give zero ****s while is gonna screw them in the long run when nobody wants to drive for them

Even if I tried to scrape the gutters for a shred of evidence showing that he’s not that bad- I’d come up empty handed.

He’s as bad as advertised. Worst driver on the grid by a big margin. The jig is up 😂

Welp... last lap error by Oscar helped George get the jump on him.
But P5 for Lando in the 3rd fastest car out there was the most they could have gotten.

Sensational Med stint by Charles there to make that 1-stopper work.

Even if I tried to scrape the gutters for a shred of evidence showing that he’s not that bad- I’d come up empty handed.

He’s as bad as advertised. Worst driver on the grid by a big margin. The jig is up 😂
Oh I’m not saying he’s good at all lol there’s bad and there’s mazepin bad lol

I think Zhou might be equally as bad tho

Speaking of Alonso, did he ever to respond/comment as to why he slowed down so much on that final lap in Australia that caused Georgie to crash?

IIRC, I think he said that he wanted to slow down to get a better exit out of the corner.
I think he also said that he had "throttle issues". 😬🤷‍♂️

IIRC, I think he said that he wanted to slow down to get a better exit out of the corner.
I think he also said that he had "throttle issues". 😬🤷‍♂️
Given the track record of Alonso, his actions are always questionable.

Back
Top Bottom