FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Dessert. Walmart brand Chocolate & Cookie Dough ice cream. Pretty good stuff
20220601_220918.jpg

I heard artificial sweeteners and high fructose corn syrup makes you drink more soda. Maybe that's why UMurica hasn't made the switch to cane sugar.

Corn syrup is about 1/3 the price of cane sugar hence why the shift. I was watching a history channel show and it all started because the Reagan or bush 1 presidency instituted sugar tariffs for imports and well that made a shift in use. Plus it also helps since we probably produce thre most amount of corn in the world.

Corn syrup is about 1/3 the price of cane sugar hence why the shift. I was watching a history channel show and it all started because the Reagan or bush 1 presidency instituted sugar tariffs for imports and well that made a shift in use. Plus it also helps since we probably produce thre most amount of corn in the world.

Yea that's part of the reason but it also helps the stuff is highly addictive although it doesn't taste as good.

re: "you ain't going to the right spot anyway"

I think it's simple math.

The more items you have in your burrito, the less amount you will get per item.

If there is MORE rice in the burrito, human nature will generally put less of every other item that is requested to be placed in the burrito.

I am simply saying rice being the dominant/most pronounced item in your burrito is playing into the hands of the business.

That's all.

Rice HAS a place in a burrito but it's just in a John Paxon / BJ Armstrong role vs. being even a Dennis Rodman.

The protein is the main draw of the burrito or any wrapped food.
Is the amount of protein added not standardized at most of these places?

For example they’re not going to give you a extra half scoop of protein because you choose to pass on rice in your burrito.

So if you ask for less or no rice you’re just getting less food/fullness at the same cost.

Need recipe plz
20220602_113929.jpg

I got you homie. This is the caribbean method, I'm not sure how Americans do it. Personally where I'm from we do it like the Trinis in the first video do. We caramelize the sugar for stewing meats. The Jamaicans usually use browning which is the caramelized sugar bottled up. Less work, and you won't mess up the caramelization process. You don't want to burn it, because it gets bitter if you do.

I'm not sure why it says video unavailable, the link works. Just click" watch on youtube".

I got you homie. This is the caribbean method, I'm not sure how Americans do it. Personally where I'm from we do it like the Trinis in the first video do. We caramelize the sugar for stewing meats. The Jamaicans usually use browning which is the caramelized sugar bottled up. Less work, and you won't mess up the caramelization process. You don't want to burn it, because it gets bitter if you do.

I'm not sure why it says video unavailable, the link works. Just click" watch on youtube".

Good looks. I actually have a single plantain. I'll make a whole jamaican meal out of it with rice n peas and sautéed spinach

You Grenadian? Someone dropped off some oildown for me the other day :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom