Footlocker Rant / Question

Returns do take away from sales goals.
To add, they usually are harder to sale due to the fact that they only have that one size in stock due to the return. Managers have to key in their login.
Usually, the think in the manner of "Well if you bought it at that store, return it to that store." (You bought the shoe from Store A so they got the credit for the sale, & returning to Store B they never got the credit so now they're taking a loss.)

I understand in OP's case the HOH at North Park is no longer there so he went to a different store.
I'll just state that so you know the other side of it.
At the end of the day, you take care of the customer.
Sales, returns, or even pointing them in the right direction to what they're looking for.
I rather take a $100-$200 loss over one sale then a customer that might bring me $1,000 throughout the year.

They do take away from sales goals but that's not the customers problem. The customer shops at a place like footlocker over a mom and pop spot due to the convenience and customer friendly return policy.

Other smaller stores only allow exchanges and don't allow returns but it's clear in their return/exchange policy so you know what you're getting into beforehand. The problem with footlocker, footaction etc is that corporate made a return/exchange policy which is company policy yet employees like to make their own policies up because they think most customers won't take the time to complain.

If you want to be difficult and look for any little reason to deny returns/exchanges, than perhaps foot locker isn't the place you should be working at and a place with a more authoritative less customer friendly return policy is better suited for you.

To keep it 100 with you that whole issue they out you through was dumb. Next time ask for the district managers information.

30 days cash back for unworn merchandise the receipt says. No hassle period.

Even HOH stuff can be returned at a FTL no hassle.

The only time they can deny a unworn in the 30 days purchase is if the sale was done with cash and they don't have the amount you are returning at that moment versus the start of day money (which is usually $200-$300).

Example of that is your FTL has had 10 sales equaling to $1000 in sales with debit and credit cards but has only had 1 sale for $50 with cash and then u come in trying to return a sneaker over the $50 they have.

Other then that they can apply the money back to your card if its debit or credit no matter what all day long even if they haven't sold 1 thing.

If I was you I would go back in store and ask for the DM info.

Thanks for all the responses! Didn't mean for this to turn into a **** on foot locker post, but it seems we all have had our issues over the years. For those saying I should talk to the district manger, I've tried to get their info 3 different times. The only thing I can get is the standard custom service hotline and the district ID. But the people on the other end are completely clueless on anything I tell them so I doubt it would even go to the correct person. If someone has some more insight on how to get the districts manager info I would greatly appreciate it. The two stores this happened at are within 15-20 miles from each other so I would imagine they're in the same district. 

Returns do take away from sales goals.
To add, they usually are harder to sale due to the fact that they only have that one size in stock due to the return. Managers have to key in their login.
Usually, the think in the manner of "Well if you bought it at that store, return it to that store." (You bought the shoe from Store A so they got the credit for the sale, & returning to Store B they never got the credit so now they're taking a loss.)

I understand in OP's case the HOH at North Park is no longer there so he went to a different store.
I'll just state that so you know the other side of it.
At the end of the day, you take care of the customer.
Sales, returns, or even pointing them in the right direction to what they're looking for.
I rather take a $100-$200 loss over one sale then a customer that might bring me $1,000 throughout the year.

No doubt they take away from sales goals, but as a customer I don't give a **** about their sales goals. Receipt says I can return it within 30 days unworn, that's all I need to know as a consumer

Thanks for all the responses! Didn't mean for this to turn into a **** on foot locker post, but it seems we all have had our issues over the years. For those saying I should talk to the district manger, I've tried to get their info 3 different times. The only thing I can get is the standard custom service hotline and the district ID. But the people on the other end are completely clueless on anything I tell them so I doubt it would even go to the correct person. If someone has some more insight on how to get the districts manager info I would greatly appreciate it. The two stores this happened at are within 15-20 miles from each other so I would imagine they're in the same district. 

I've had issues with local Dallas employees as well. Never on returns but just general attitude and absolute lack of desire to assist you.

You should hit them up on Twitter. It's usually the first thing I try these days when I have issues with service from a major corporation.

No doubt they take away from sales goals, but as a customer I don't give a **** about their sales goals. Receipt says I can return it within 30 days unworn, that's all I need to know as a consumer

Exactly. If I'm a customer, unless you give me some type of incentive to care about your sales goals, those things are irrelevant to me.

Exactly. If I'm a customer, unless you give me some type of incentive to care about your sales goals, those things are irrelevant to me.

Of course they don't apply to us, but I was just giving the other side & an explanation as to why shoe store employees act in those manners.
They're always quick to take the money, & they should be quick to return it too.

:lol: well FTL doesn't drug test.

Foot Locker in general is a shady company. They should really install a system that drug tests employees. They hire anyone.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom