Votes: 28 35.9%
  • Top 10, Maybe Top 15

Votes: 29 37.2%
  • Mediocre at Best

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Not Good at All

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters
So you lovers of this film accept the entire plot even though they never explain why the world went down the toilet in 6 years?

And are trying to justifying them overlooking this point by saying look at this as a stand alone film?

Trash.

Just realized the budget for this film is 90 million.

Smh. So that's Fox's strategy now eh. Drive the budget down to maximize promits, and slap the R rating on the baby. And throw all plans on creating a shared universe out the window. If a movie is hard to connect to another, just justify it as a stand alone. And everyone is going to eat this up... Sigh

Marvel never going to get the rights back.

All I can do is hope that the rest of the world is not like this thread [emoji]128557[/emoji]

Last edited:
I don't think it needs to be a one off. They can go from X-Men Apocalypse which is in the 80's, Supernova in the 90's and build up to it. One article I posted, the guy said that Sinister will play a part in what led to what we saw.

I just don't like the idea that in the future, we already know that the mutants will be extinct.

Like when I am watching the upcoming movie, I am going to be thinking "you guys are going to be all dead/gone, this kind of sucks".

And after they show the movie with Sinister, it has to end grim and without mutants or else Logan makes little sense.

I feel like to appreciate the film to it's fullest, you have to view it as a standalone with a nod to the older films.

They'll just send Cable back to stop Sinister. It'll keep the current team from Apocalypse intact while stopping the events leading to Logan from happening

Can't compete? CW killed it... as will spidey and T3

Agree to disagree bro, you may be into a different type of movie and that's cool...aside from the airport scene in CW, I found the movie to fall a little flat, there wasn't really a need for a bad guy at all or the idea of the other super soldiers, the movie culminated in a hissy fit where Tony ditched all common sense, knowing damn well Bucky was brainwashed to do what he did...spidey we haven't seen yet and I'm hopeful for Thor, the problem with Marvel movies is that they kind of stopped being good as a stand-alone, each movie is just a piece of the puzzle and I find myself looking forward to the connection more than the actual movie I'm watching.

This, plus the lack of R rating, I grew up in the late 80's early 90's as a kid without all this political correct agenda, I watched IT when I was like 7 along with all the NOES movies, hardcore action movies with foul language, etc....I appreciate the R Rating and the revival these movies are giving it.

Logan was absolutely incredible. I had a great time seeing it. That's how I've wanted to see Wolverine on screen my whole life!

So you lovers of this film accept the entire plot even though they never explain why the world went down the toilet in 6 years?

And are trying to justifying them overlooking this point by saying look at this as a stand alone film?

Trash.

They explain it vaguely and that's all that's needed....Charles had a massive seizure that killed the main xmen at the X Mansion and a bunch of humans, the rest of the mutants were tracked down and killed with the help of Calaban.

The world didn't go to **** the world is just fine, the movie is set in the woods and Desert so it gives off that vibe....please go watch the movie before you make yourself look silly.

Smh. So that's Fox's strategy now eh. Drive the budget down to maximize promits, and slap the R rating on the baby. And throw all plans on creating a shared universe out the window. If a movie is hard to connect to another, just justify it as a stand alone. And everyone is going to eat this up... Sigh

All I can do is hope that the rest of the world is not like this thread [emoji]128557[/emoji]

You legit doing mental gymnastics to justify your ******** :lol:

So basically you rather it goes back to Marvel than be a great movie? You need to fall back on thse sucka tendencies

Last edited:

Trash.

They explain it vaguely and that's all that's needed....Charles had a massive seizure that killed the main xmen at the X Mansion and a bunch of humans, the rest of the mutants were tracked down and killed with the help of Calaban.

The world didn't go to **** the world is just fine, the movie is set in the woods and Desert so it gives off that vibe....please go watch the movie before you make yourself look silly.

Yep. And mutants stopped being born because that company started putting chemicals in corn syrup that prevented mutant births. I swear some people don't pay attention.

The beginning of the movie is on the border of Mexico and Texas. Living in San Diego and having visited many border cities, including El Paso, the setting wasn't off. The rest of the US was fine.

Did anyone catch the wall between the US and Mexico and the mutant kids representing Mexicans trying to get to the border? In this case the Canadian border? :nerd:

So basically you rather it goes back to Marvel than be a great movie? You need to fall back on thse sucka tendencies

Fox had their chance. I've watched every movie faithfully up until apocalypse. That's 15 years of faithfully watching and contributing to Fox. 8 of those years I can cut them slack because there was no existing blueprint for the modern comic book movie but since then they've had ample opportunity to learn from Marvel studios but have failed to. Sue me for wanting xmen back with marvel [emoji]128527[/emoji]

Trash.
I mean c'mon man after that mediocre crap DoFP, the timeline no longer mattered. They ****** it up as far as forming a cohesive shared movie universe. They ****** up making sense of time travel and remaining consistent with changes.

I just smirk when I see ppl get dragged back in to the timeline talk. Its irrelevant.

I almost wish all of the X-movies and spinoffs were standalone from here on out. Be wild vague on what time they set place.

The logic being once it gets back to Marvel there'll be nothing but great movies.

Last edited:
I almost wish all of the X-movies and spinoffs were standalone from here on out. Be wild vague on what time they set place.

My guess is this is where they headed. De-prioritize continuity and connecting movies. Drive the budget down to maximize profits. Keep slapping the R rating on their movies cuz that was what worked with Deadpool. Repeat.

Not to say that it's not a model that's working for Fox. But it's not the model that these xmen characters deserve. #imwithmarvelstudios

Last edited:

My guess is this is where they headed. De-prioritize continuity and connecting movies. Drive the budget down to maximize profits. Keep slapping the R rating on their movies cuz that was what worked with Deadpool. Repeat.

Won't work with their actual X-Men movies and damn sure won't work with F4

Don't nobody want to see Reed Richards smacking up Sue Storm

Won't work with their actual X-Men movies and damn sure won't work with F4

Don't nobody want to see Reed Richards smacking up Sue Storm

Nobody's been coming to see Reed Richard do anything, period. Latest FF reboot tanked hard. Logan is currently tracking ahead of Apocalypse right now...

So that R rating looking sexy to them.

Not to say they will make every movie rated R but I feel it's going to be more the rule than the exception now.

Btw, on the bet front. Logan tracking slightly ahead of Dr Strange, based on the Thursday night haul. Dr Strange finished at a little above 670 mil..

It will be a close race. It's a little too early for you to get cocky, Tdogg

I hope the movie finishes at 699 LOL

#ialwayswin
#teamfunsized

Last edited:
I almost wish all of the X-movies and spinoffs were standalone from here on out. Be wild vague on what time they set place..

Not necessarily against this, but I think that some films/storylines are just going to come off better with and might even require buildup. Dark Phoenix, for example, is a story that works better if it isn't just rushed into one film. I think the adaptation from X-Men the Animated Series is actually a good example. You've got the situation with the Shi'Ar Empire and D'Ken, during which there's basically a royal coup and Jean gains the Phoenix Force. You've got her leaving to deposit the M'Krann Crystal into the sun at the end. She returns some time later, during which point she begins losing control of the Phoenix. This then leads into the typical loss of control with Dark Phoenix and the infamous battle between the Imperial Guard and the X-Men. All of this takes up like 9-10 episodes and is really the majority of the show's 3rd season in fact. I couldn't honestly see them managing to introduce all of this and then having all of this happen within just one film. That's just one event though. On the flip side, you've got things like House of M, Broodfall, and Asgardian Wars (Were the X-Men a part of the MCU that is) which I think could work perfectly as standalones.

Nobody's been coming to see Reed Richard do anything, period. Latest FF reboot tanked hard. Logan is currently tracking ahead of Apocalypse right now...

So that R rating looking sexy to them.

Not to say they will make every movie rated R but I feel it's going to be more the rule than the exception now.

Nobody saw the F4 reboot because the previous 2 films were garbage and the reviews for the reboot were damn near all negative.

Trailer was trash too. So only thing that could have helped that movie was word of mouth.

Most sane people would rather keep their money instead of wasting it on a terrible film.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom