From 1995-2000, Was There Honestly A Better Rapper Than This Man??

Yeah, at that time Prodigy was just killing pretty much everything he was on. Definitely my favorite from that time frame.

The Mobb mixtapes and rare joints from that era are priceless. It seemed like there were new Mobb tracks dropping every week and they were all just grimey anddope as hell. Ahh, the good ol' days.

Originally Posted by THE FAME

I would kinda agree if you just simply turn the topic title to Prodigy appreciation.
As far as the best within 95'-00'. No.
This.
um no nas and hov and KILLA were all in their primes in that period of time...so naw doggy

This was his prime though. Jay prime was like 01-04 imo
Killa? Cam? he didn't even really start poppin til like 01-02 (SDE dropped in sept 2000, but didnt really take off until early 01) what u talkin bout?

OP I can't give you 95-2000 but I can def give you like 97-2000

DMX-dog-tt-01.jpg

P IS SO OVER RATED! He has classics and yes I love those Mobb Deep albums, but come on, ya'll act like every song he did, didn't seem like the sameverse paraphrased differently on a different beat. Same flow and everything. Granted he was a great story teller, but you're telling me he had anythingclose to the wordplay, rhyme scheme, flow, versatility, metaphors and punch lines, and over all lyricism of a Nas, Biggie, Pun, Big L, or even Jay? P wouldsometimes even go like 5 lines without rhyming, I'll be listening to his %*#@ then I hear him rhyme deadly with concentration and end it with a "wordup son" like it's all good...

prodigy is my favorite rapper ever. but i do think nas is the best rapper.... matter of fact had return of the mac come out in that era i think it woulda beenconsiderred classic. so underrated and under-appreciated. its too bad

Originally Posted by petozham

P IS SO OVER RATED! He has classics and yes I love those Mobb Deep albums, but come on, ya'll act like every song he did, didn't seem like the same verse paraphrased differently on a different beat. Same flow and everything. Granted he was a great story teller, but you're telling me he had anything close to the wordplay, rhyme scheme, flow, versatility, metaphors and punch lines, and over all lyricism of a Nas, Biggie, Pun, Big L, or even Jay? P would sometimes even go like 5 lines without rhyming, I'll be listening to his %*#@ then I hear him rhyme deadly with concentration and end it with a "word up son" like it's all good...
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

This is why you my _ Cartier
pimp.gif
:jat
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Prodigy during the time period you mentioned
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Son is in my top 5 rappers just off the work he put out in that time period alone.

Verse on Apostle's Warning is just........Jesus Christ
sick.gif

Verse on Thun & Kicko
sick.gif
sick.gif

Another verse on Big Noyd's album where dude was like "I leave you limbless like greek sculptures" or something like that.

Prodigy's diction is what makes him so ill to me. Same as with Styles P, and Malice. Just the way that they use words.

Little mention of Outkast, I'm they held down that era in rap to me. They really gave the south a pulse.

Jay killed the Mobb, and P has some weight for longevity, but those names to much for him. And Pusha rew talent no discussion were he will be at the end of hisroad, and thats in the top 5

Originally Posted by StarkyL0ve

^shut yo cot damn %%* up

Prodigy? You posting from your cell thunny? Just so you know, Saigon never blew out here, he's a dud, matter of fact he might as well sign to G-Unit. Butanyway, how's your jaw been since then? Word is bond, son I love your music, but why your verses always sound like it's recycled?

Originally Posted by petozham

Originally Posted by StarkyL0ve

^shut yo cot damn %%* up

Prodigy? You posting from your cell thunny? Just so you know, Saigon never blew out here, he's a dud, matter of fact he might as well sign to G-Unit. But anyway, how's your jaw been since then? Word is bond, son I love your music, but why your verses always sound like it's recycled?
The %*@#? Ol' remedial $%# @+@@%
smh.gif

Who the %*@# you think this is? Finna make me duff you like I did Mase

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

LMAO @ Petzoham....it's not like he's lying either
nope. Am I the only one who feels that way though?
nerd.gif

The %*@#? Ol' remedial $%# @+@@%
smh.gif

Who the %*@# you think this is? Finna make me duff you like I did Mase
laugh.gif

Me and all my boys really didn't care much for him til about late 97, early 98, and even then he wasn't a top choice for us.

The kinda music that Mobb Deep put out in the 90's was the gospel of every kid and young man growing up in the streets back then.

Jay-Z really didn't fit into that mold at that time.

I've always said this about jay

nobody was checkin for him when hip-hop was in its real golden years 1993 - 1997

nobody was callin reasonable doubt a classic back then

with that being said here's some of my favorite P :

i got lots of love for my crew that is

no love for them other crews and rival kidds

all them outta town n*** know what time it is, and if they dont they need to buy a watch word up

caught up in the crossfire get they self hurt up

while i be sippin gin straight in a plastic cup

on a park bench on 12th street,my whole crew's famous

you tried to bust ya gat and keep it real but you nameless

first of all slow down, you on the wrong route

let me put you on your feet and show you what's it all about

the street life ain't nuttin' to play with

no jokes no games kidd

for years I been doin' the same s** just

drinkin' liquor, doin' bids, extortin' crack heads

and stickin' up the stick-up kids

pimp.gif

Yall Ns is REALLY frontin on Prodigy...

The Infamous/Hell On Earth/Murda Muzik & H.N.I.C. > Reasonable Doubt/Vol 1/ Vol 2/ Vol 3

The Infamous/Hell On Earth/Murda Muzik & H.N.I.C. > It Was Written/The Firm/I Am/Nastradamus

The Infamous/Hell On Earth/Murda Muzik & H.N.I.C. > Its Dark & Hell Is Hot/Flesh Of My Flesh/... There Was X

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

Yall Ns is REALLY frontin on Prodigy...

The Infamous/Hell On Earth/Murda Muzik & H.N.I.C. > Reasonable Doubt/Vol 1/ Vol 2/ Vol 3

The Infamous/Hell On Earth/Murda Muzik & H.N.I.C. > It Was Written/The Firm/I Am/Nastradamus

The Infamous/Hell On Earth/Murda Muzik & H.N.I.C. > Its Dark & Hell Is Hot/Flesh Of My Flesh/... There Was X

U now what...your right bout this...
Even if u threw out the firm album and put in stillmatic...u would still be right...
Thats probably some of the best 4 album runs in hip hop....

Code:
I open my eyes to the streets where I was raised as a manAnd learned to use my hands for protectionin scuffles, throw all my blows in doublesI'm coming from Queens !@!@@*@#%%@* carrying guns in couples

Code:
Yea, yea, check it outNow run for your life or you wanna get your heat, whateverWe can die togetherAs long as I send your maggot +@@ to the esscenseI don't give a $%*% about my presenceI'm lost in the blocks of hate and can't waitFor the next crab +%+$$ to step and meet fateI'm lethal when I see you, there is no sequel24-7, mac 11 is my peopleSo why you wanna end your little life like this?Cause now you bump heads wit kids that's lifelessI live by the day only if I surviveThe last night, damn right, I ain't tryin to fightWe can settle this like some grown men on the concrete floorMy slugs will put a stop to your hardcoreways of action, I grab the gat andAin't no turning back when I start blastinPick up the handle and insert the potion@#$% the !%$% back in a calm like motionNo signs of anger or fear cause you the one in dangerNever share your plans wit a stranger, word is bond
I'm no shorty, +%+$$ I stop your glory
I'm a thorough street +%+$$ for real, you just applaud me
Avoid P, man take your baby mom's advice
I'm nothing sweet, ill with the guns, you pay the price
When you see me in the streets soldier, salute me
You just a groupie, oh you gangsta, then shoot me
Who gives a $%*% really, I miss my +%+$$ Twin, kill me
So I can join the rest of my force, up in the heavens

You rap ##@%%% make me laugh, y'all crazy +@@
And I don't give a $%*% what you sold, that !%$% is trash
Bang this, cuz I guarantee that you bought it
Heavy airplay all day wit no chorus

Code:

Prodigy is one of my favorite rappers ever. Can someone put me on to rappers with a similar style. Like someone said I like him cause of his diction and howhe rhymes words that dont really rhyme but it sounds ill.

Back
Top Bottom