Are these gonna be a hypebeast item?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• I hope not

• Total voters
The fact that NikeStores are not getting these, I def feel my chances just increased in getting them online. Heres to hoping for the best.

Ok, so to begin with. I actually like this shoes, aside from the Kobe 7 galaxy the Rookie galaxy (black pods) are the ONLY other pair that I would get to WEAR. As for the regular pods, I would ONLY get them as TRADE bait. So many people on here are complaining about budget baller selling is pairs for high resell when most likely as I addressed (SEE MY THINGS THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED THREAD), they in fact are the same ones who want a hook up, but will look at another person like they are crazy when it comes to them hooking someone else (even the very same person that hooked them up). Now that I got that out of my system. Question, which ones are releasing on the 17th, black pods or the regular pods?

Another thing, Rookie Galaxy are WAY BETTER then the Foam Galaxy. This galaxy print stands out way better the foam galaxy print is bland and boring.

can we have a thread without people throwing out personal blows and gloating? my goodness :smh:
if you resell, cool. if you dont like it, cool. you broke, cool. you rich, cool. keep it to yourself

I understand your point, however I would not say, budget baller was not gloating, more so setting folks straight. It always amazing me how many people love to assume things about people, then try to slam someone they don't even know with that very same assumption, and then get in their feelings when they get spanked with the TRUTH! :lol:

Because I buy sneakers:lol:

I have a job, house, etc. And I didn't get there without understanding money. If I know I'm gonna get a big return on my initial investment then I'm all for it.

I did it with elmos, wiis, shoes and 1 house.

I helped 4 local dudes get their pairs for retail. Whether they're on NT or not, I don't know cause I know these cats for years through shoe releases and selling at FC.

I used to help dudes with $20-$30 over retail shipped for stuff like SB Lebron 8 and 9s only to get the favor UNRETURNED when I needed something.

I also dont trust anyone. You might say you want them to wear but how do I know you wont turn around and flip them?

REPPED.

If I get my hand on a pair rest assure I will be reselling them as well. Can't believe dudes are even checking for these?? Is that how simple minded we've become? Throw the Galaxy print on any sneaker, make it limited and dudes will pay a grip for them?? WOW..:smh:

"Galaxy print on any sneaker" you say? Naw homie ONLY these (black pods) and the Kobe 7 galaxy. You guys can keep the rest.

Time slowly approaches, Nike and Jordan brand are trying to get their share of Holiday money.  Seems everyone will be going for the rookies, and if they fail settle for the olives.  Look at the marketing... you now have to choose or lose or choose and lose...way to capitalize on everyone's x-mas bonus!!!

So how is everyone 100 percent sure these will be raffled at HOH? And where besides Nike.com might these be available online? 

Ok, so to begin with. I actually like this shoes, aside from the Kobe 7 galaxy the Rookie galaxy (black pods) are the ONLY other pair that I would get to WEAR. As for the regular pods, I would ONLY get them as TRADE bait. So many people on here are complaining about budget baller selling is pairs for high resell when most likely as I addressed (SEE MY THINGS THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED THREAD), they in fact are the same ones who want a hook up, but will look at another person like they are crazy when it comes to them hooking someone else (even the very same person that hooked them up). Now that I got that out of my system. Question, which ones are releasing on the 17th, black pods or the regular pods?
Another thing, Rookie Galaxy are WAY BETTER then the Foam Galaxy. This galaxy print stands out way better the foam galaxy print is bland and boring.
1) You should have started this post out with, "From one HYPE to another HYPE...."

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEJISBACK

Question, which ones are releasing on the 17th, black pods or the regular pods?

2)  The fact your even asking this question negiates your whole HYPE argument...

WTF is the sneaker game coming to?

Last edited by a moderator:
1) You should have started this post out with, "From one HYPE to another HYPE...."

Quote:
Question, which ones are releasing on the 17th, black pods or the regular pods?

2)  The fact your even asking this question negiates your whole HYPE argument...

WTF is the sneaker game coming to?

I simply stated that I actually want the pair with the black pods to wear. So whats the issue you have? As well I have seen pics of both, but have not been reading all the pages to see if there is an answer to my question, hence the reason that I asked. I was not arguing, don't need to, I just made direct points. To answer your question, I suppose, that depends on who you ask.

I still don't get why Nike is calling this a GR when seems like nobody is getting them except NDC. Are they calling this a GR because they are going to have a lot of pairs?

Maybe a certain number of stores that will get them means a GR, e.g. > 200 or so, who knows
but since it seems to be mostly online, this can not be the case

I still don't get why Nike is calling this a GR when seems like nobody is getting them except NDC. Are they calling this a GR because they are going to have a lot of pairs?
GR is usually determined by number of shoes produced.  A GR for Jordan's is usually a run of 30,000 pairs.  So I think what you are saying is correct, it is just the volume of shoes that will be available as a whole, rather than through a certain media or market.  I don't know what volume a GR run of these would be though.

I really think a lot of you all are looking to deep into the "GR" title concerning the Galaxy Zoom Rookie. Just be happy we have a date and time and shoot your shot this coming Saturday on NDC if you plan on trying to get them from up there, because trying to figure out how many pairs there releasing, what's Nike's definition of a GR, or if they will be trully a GR or a limited release doesn't really matter. Just be concerned about getting your own pair in your size, because that's all that really matters.

GR is usually determined by number of shoes produced.  A GR for Jordan's is usually a run of 30,000 pairs.  So I think what you are saying is correct, it is just the volume of shoes that will be available as a whole, rather than through a certain media or market.  I don't know what volume a GR run of these would be though.

30,000 is a GR really? That seems not that much. I would think that of the Jordan XI pair they would produce around 1,000,000 pairs. Of course the Zoom Rookie Galaxy will only be some thousand pieces due to the limitation, but still I would say a GR should be way above 100,000 considering all the Basketball fans world wide and especially in the states!

I simply stated that I actually want the pair with the black pods to wear. So whats the issue you have? As well I have seen pics of both, but have not been reading all the pages to see if there is an answer to my question, hence the reason that I asked. I was not arguing, don't need to, I just made direct points. To answer your question, I suppose, that depends on who you ask.

I think he was saying that if you were following the thread you would know that the glow pods released almost 2 months ago and that if you really had any interest in the shoe you would known this.

30,000 is a GR really? That seems not that much. I would think that of the Jordan XI pair they would produce around 1,000,000 pairs. Of course the Zoom Rookie Galaxy will only be some thousand pieces due to the limitation, but still I would say a GR should be way above 100,000 considering all the Basketball fans world wide and especially in the states!

:wow:

:lol: :lol:

LOL NO MY MAN. NIKE ISN'T PRODUCING 1 MILLION PAIRS OF JUST 1 SHOE.

Last edited:
Does anyone have a rough idea of how many pairs of the glow in the dark released? I would figure it's roughly double that number.

Back
Top Bottom