"Game's the same, just got more fierce." Vol. Snoop From Wire Arrested

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg wrote:
She wasn't a trained actor like most of the rest of The Wire's cast so I'm sure after the show ended she just went right back to the life she was involved in, it's sad but can't say I'm surprised

BTW I just saw Bodie on an episode of Detroit 187 the other day
laugh.gif
(
pimp.gif
Best show on TV no one is watching)

EXACTLY.... she ain't like the rest of the dudes who can move onto 90210 and what nots...However, with the money she did make while on the show, she could have paid for some acting lessons.  She would have already had her foot in the door with the Wire on her resume....
This real life story reminds me of the final scenes when Marlo was going into that new business world and just felt out of place...some folks run right back to what they know when they're out of their element.

She wasn't just some hood %+%$% off the street. Pretty sure the casting director discovered her through a penitentiary run drama program. Needless to say, she was already about that life but she also had some acting experience.

With or without further training I'm sure she could have found work. Half the cast became a staple for the stereotypical hood n_ role after the Wire's first few seasons.

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg wrote:
She wasn't a trained actor like most of the rest of The Wire's cast so I'm sure after the show ended she just went right back to the life she was involved in, it's sad but can't say I'm surprised

BTW I just saw Bodie on an episode of Detroit 187 the other day
laugh.gif
(
pimp.gif
Best show on TV no one is watching)

EXACTLY.... she ain't like the rest of the dudes who can move onto 90210 and what nots...However, with the money she did make while on the show, she could have paid for some acting lessons.  She would have already had her foot in the door with the Wire on her resume....
This real life story reminds me of the final scenes when Marlo was going into that new business world and just felt out of place...some folks run right back to what they know when they're out of their element.

She wasn't just some hood %+%$% off the street. Pretty sure the casting director discovered her through a penitentiary run drama program. Needless to say, she was already about that life but she also had some acting experience.

With or without further training I'm sure she could have found work. Half the cast became a staple for the stereotypical hood n_ role after the Wire's first few seasons.

[h2]David Simon: Felicia 'Snoop' Pearson deserves presumption of innocence[/h2]
5:20 PM EST, March 10, 2011

What follows is a personal statement from David Simon, Creator and Executive Producer of "The Wire" (and currently in production on "Treme").

First of all, Felicia's entitled to the presumption of innocence. And I would note that a previous, but recent drug arrest that targeted her was later found to be unwarranted and the charges were dropped. Nonetheless, I'm certainly sad at the news today. This young lady has, from her earliest moments, had one of the hardest lives imaginable. And whatever good fortune came from her role in 'The Wire' seems, in retrospect, limited to that project. She worked hard as an actor and was entirely professional, but the entertainment industry as a whole does not offer a great many roles for those who can portray people from the other America. There are, in fact, relatively few stories told about the other America.

Beyond that, I am waiting to see whether the charges against Felicia relate to heroin or marijuana. Obviously, the former would be, to my mind, a far more serious matter. And further, I am waiting to see if the charges or statement of facts offered by the government reflect any involvement with acts of violence, which would of course be of much greater concern.

In an essay published two years ago in Time Magazine, the writers of 'The Wire' made the argument that we believe the war on drugs has devolved into a war on the underclass, that in places like West and East Baltimore, where the drug economy is now the only factory still hiring and where the educational system is so crippled that the vast majority of children are trained only for the corners, a legal campaign to imprison our most vulnerable and damaged citizens is little more than amoral. And we said then that if asked to serve on any jury considering a non-violent drug offense, we would move to nullify that jury's verdict and vote to acquit. Regardless of the defendant, I still believe such a course of action would be just in any case in which drug offenses -- absent proof of violent acts -- are alleged.

Both our Constitution and our common law guaranty that we will be judged by our peers. But in truth, there are now two Americas, politically and economically distinct. I, for one, do not qualify as a peer to Felicia Pearson. The opportunities and experiences of her life do not correspond in any way with my own, and her America is different from my own. I am therefore ill-equipped to be her judge in this matter.

Copyright [emoji]169[/emoji] 2011, The Baltimore Sun

[h2]David Simon: Felicia 'Snoop' Pearson deserves presumption of innocence[/h2]
5:20 PM EST, March 10, 2011

What follows is a personal statement from David Simon, Creator and Executive Producer of "The Wire" (and currently in production on "Treme").

First of all, Felicia's entitled to the presumption of innocence. And I would note that a previous, but recent drug arrest that targeted her was later found to be unwarranted and the charges were dropped. Nonetheless, I'm certainly sad at the news today. This young lady has, from her earliest moments, had one of the hardest lives imaginable. And whatever good fortune came from her role in 'The Wire' seems, in retrospect, limited to that project. She worked hard as an actor and was entirely professional, but the entertainment industry as a whole does not offer a great many roles for those who can portray people from the other America. There are, in fact, relatively few stories told about the other America.

Beyond that, I am waiting to see whether the charges against Felicia relate to heroin or marijuana. Obviously, the former would be, to my mind, a far more serious matter. And further, I am waiting to see if the charges or statement of facts offered by the government reflect any involvement with acts of violence, which would of course be of much greater concern.

In an essay published two years ago in Time Magazine, the writers of 'The Wire' made the argument that we believe the war on drugs has devolved into a war on the underclass, that in places like West and East Baltimore, where the drug economy is now the only factory still hiring and where the educational system is so crippled that the vast majority of children are trained only for the corners, a legal campaign to imprison our most vulnerable and damaged citizens is little more than amoral. And we said then that if asked to serve on any jury considering a non-violent drug offense, we would move to nullify that jury's verdict and vote to acquit. Regardless of the defendant, I still believe such a course of action would be just in any case in which drug offenses -- absent proof of violent acts -- are alleged.

Both our Constitution and our common law guaranty that we will be judged by our peers. But in truth, there are now two Americas, politically and economically distinct. I, for one, do not qualify as a peer to Felicia Pearson. The opportunities and experiences of her life do not correspond in any way with my own, and her America is different from my own. I am therefore ill-equipped to be her judge in this matter.

Copyright [emoji]169[/emoji] 2011, The Baltimore Sun

I saw her like 2 years ago around my way in a white gt coupe. She pulled up at the barbershop that is known round the way for having dealers in it, behind it, involved with it. So I'm not surprised

I saw her like 2 years ago around my way in a white gt coupe. She pulled up at the barbershop that is known round the way for having dealers in it, behind it, involved with it. So I'm not surprised

tired.gif
 feel like a homie going away.

"What the #*@$ yall in the streets for? Don't yall know it's a $^*%*@ war goin on man? Get the #&* in the truck man!"

tired.gif
 feel like a homie going away.

"What the #*@$ yall in the streets for? Don't yall know it's a $^*%*@ war goin on man? Get the #&* in the truck man!"

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

She wasn't just some hood %+%$% off the street. Pretty sure the casting director discovered her through a penitentiary run drama program.

Actually, she got the role on The Wire from Michael K. Williams (Omar), who met her in a Baltimore night club and figured she'd be perfect for the role.

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

She wasn't just some hood %+%$% off the street. Pretty sure the casting director discovered her through a penitentiary run drama program.

Actually, she got the role on The Wire from Michael K. Williams (Omar), who met her in a Baltimore night club and figured she'd be perfect for the role.

[Peter Griffin] Ok Ok Ok Ok guys...I've got a question...for a million bucks, would you have sex with Snoop? [/Peter Griffin]

Peter-Griffin-family-guy-19628800-918-683.jpg

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

More than 30 people, including the actress known as "Snoop" from the Baltimore-based HBO series "The Wire," were arrested Thursday morning across the city and its surrounding counties in connection with a large-scale heroin and marijuana operation.

Raids were carried out in the pre-dawn hours by agents from the Drug Enforcement Administration, Baltimore police and a slew of other federal and state law enforcement agencies.

Felicia "Snoop" Pearson, known for her drug-assassin character on "The Wire," was taken into custody at a downtown apartment on a state warrant, officials said.

The actress has a troubled past, having been convicted at age 14 of second-degree murder. More recently, she refused to testify as a witness at a murder trial and was arrested at her then-Northeast Baltimore home.

The arrests are part of a five-month drug investigation, officials said.
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/local-breaking-news/the-wire-actress-arrested-in-d.html

weebay1.gif

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

More than 30 people, including the actress known as "Snoop" from the Baltimore-based HBO series "The Wire," were arrested Thursday morning across the city and its surrounding counties in connection with a large-scale heroin and marijuana operation.

Raids were carried out in the pre-dawn hours by agents from the Drug Enforcement Administration, Baltimore police and a slew of other federal and state law enforcement agencies.

Felicia "Snoop" Pearson, known for her drug-assassin character on "The Wire," was taken into custody at a downtown apartment on a state warrant, officials said.

The actress has a troubled past, having been convicted at age 14 of second-degree murder. More recently, she refused to testify as a witness at a murder trial and was arrested at her then-Northeast Baltimore home.

The arrests are part of a five-month drug investigation, officials said.
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/local-breaking-news/the-wire-actress-arrested-in-d.html

weebay1.gif

[Peter Griffin] Ok Ok Ok Ok guys...I've got a question...for a million bucks, would you have sex with Snoop? [/Peter Griffin]

Peter-Griffin-family-guy-19628800-918-683.jpg

Back
Top Bottom