Girl meets world Vol. Boy Meets World sequel

I don't know about you but they should not axe Farkle anytime soon. Farkle is hilarious!

Don't give Farkle the Minkus treatment!

Turned to it just now
Seems like it is aight

The show is decent. You really get to see the Corey Matthews that fans of BMW saw in the Christmas episode. Simply because Shawn and the Matthews family (Minus Eric and Morgan) show up.

I just find it weird how there was no mention of Morgan or Eric in the Christmas episode but Corey's youngest brother was there.

The show is decent. You really get to see the Corey Matthews that fans of BMW saw in the Christmas episode. Simply because Shawn and the Matthews family (Minus Eric and Morgan) show up.

I just find it weird how there was no mention of Morgan or Eric in the Christmas episode but Corey's youngest brother was there.

Yeah that was extremely weird.

Overall, as has been said, this show is decent. It's very childish and campy, but so was BMW. I'd probably love this show if I was 10-12.

I've only caught one or two episodes so far and they are mostly average at best, acting and plot feels forced.

XMas episode was the best just from the parents and Shawn alone. It would be awesome if they can make Shawn be a regular.

Last edited:
word, Eric was one of the best in BMW. they HAVE to bring him back
mean.gif
He will be. He is already confirmed for Season 2.
I've only caught one or two episodes so far and they are mostly average at best, acting and plot feels forced.

XMas episode was the best just from the parents and Shawn alone. It would be awesome if they can make Shawn be a regular.
I would assume Shawn would be a recurring character since the writers hinted he may play a bigger role in Maya's life.

My wife told me that Farkle is the son of Minkus. I need to find that episode!

He will be. He is already confirmed for Season 2.

I would assume Shawn would be a recurring character since the writers hinted he may play a bigger role in Maya's life.

My wife told me that Farkle is the son of Minkus. I need to find that episode!
Well on google they show the characters names and his name is farkle minkus

Yah I didn't figure out Farkle was a "Minkus" character of the show and not actually a Minkus.

I do hope they keep Shawn and be a mainstay for Maya, be like that father figure.

I read somewhere that they did offer all the cast to reprise their role, I guess not many/all has said yes to it yet?

Last edited:
caught a few minutes of this thing while babysitting, it's not bad.
dont think i would follow it

The Christmas episode was mad cringeworthy. How many times did they have to beat you over the head with the whole idea the Riley and Mya are suppose to be Corey and Shawn :stoneface:

The Christmas episode was mad cringeworthy. How many times did they have to beat you over the head with the whole idea the Riley and Mya are suppose to be Corey and Shawn
indifferent.gif
But wasn't that whole point of the episode since it was the first time Shawn appeared?
laugh.gif

EXCLUSIVE 'Girl Meets World': Shawn Hunter Will Reunite With Angela & His Dad in Season 2!

Listen up, Boy Meets World fans — your (second) favorite couple is reuniting!

Shawn Hunter (Rider Strong) is in for a treat because Trina McGee, who played Angela Moore for three seasons on the original TGIF hit, is headed to Girl Meets World in the series' second season.

Not only will Shawn reconnect with his lost love, a dearly departed member of the Hunter family will also return. McGee will be joined by Blake Clark — who played Shawn's dead-beat, but beloved father, Chet Hunter — and the two will make their Disney Channel debut with Shawn and the new Matthews family next season, ETonline can exclusively confirm.

Keeping with the theme of the BMW family, William Russ — aka Cory's father Allen Matthews — will be directing the upcoming episode.

Be honest, who else is doing the Cory and Shawn happy dance right now?

Boy Meets World fans will remember that Shawn always seemed to get the short end of the stick in life, and this is something that creator and Girl Meets World executive producer Michael Jacobs is excited to explore in the continuation.

"We know that [Shawn's] relationship with Angela Moore was a very important relationship to the audience, but we also know something more which is that with Shawn, nothing good ever really happened to him," Jacobs explained to ETonline.

In BMW, Shawn and Angela dated off-an-on throughout high school and college before Angela decided to move to Europe to spend time with her father. It was implied that Shawn was going to ask Angela to marry him, but he couldn't bring himself to stand in the way of their father/daughter relationship.

"He lost his father, he lost his mother, he lost his girlfriend," Jacobs said. "She left him, and her rationale for leaving him was that she had a mother who had left her. That plagued so deeply in [Angela] that she never thought that she would be a good parent, a good wife, a good anything, but clearly she cared very deeply for Shawn."

The EP continued, "But then 14 years goes by and the writing staff had some very hard decisions to make, and one of those decisions is what is a two and a half year relationship in high school? How many Cory and Topanga's are out there?"

Looks like we'll have to wait a little bit longer to find out!

Meanwhile, Shawn's father, Chet, was mostly a ghost in his son's childhood. He often disappeared for months — even years! — on end, but despite his abandonment, his infidelities, and his drinking problems, Shawn loved his father.

In the middle of Season 6, Chet passed away from a heart attack, and fans cried alongside Shawn in the hospital.

Chet still made appearances in Boy Meets World through Shawn's memories, or as a subconscious life guide, and we're told that Clark will appear in the same capacity in Girl Meets World.

Girl Meets World airs Fridays at 8:30 p.m. on Disney Channel.

View media item 1384683

So many feels in that episode.. one of my GOAT episodes of that show.. I always wondered what became of Sean and Angela.. Hope they don't give her some baggage like a Kid, or something like that.. Let Sean be Great, they can adopt Maya and live happily ever after . Would be a long time coming for one of the most unfortunate characters in child tv history :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin

The two leads don't have the same chemistry and charisma as a young Corey and Shawn.

The two leads don't have the same chemistry and charisma as a young Corey and Shawn.
Not exactly like Corey and Shawn. But that's okay. Riley, Maya, Farkle and Lucas all work well together. Finally caught up with Season 2 and enjoyed the character development so far!
I got a question but i dont think i should ask. Some of you might get mad
laugh.gif
Ask away!

I'm not sure if anyone else watches the show. But I watch the show just to see how it ties in to the OG and any guest appearances. After watching the first five episodes of season two, I think this season will already be better. Cameo's from Feeney, Shawn, and Eric were great. To actually see Feeney interact with Corey and Shawn was really cool to see. Corey and Shawn still have that chemestry and noticed his character has changed from season one. Shawn seems like the Shawn of old, especially with his story between Maya's mom and possibly the return of Angela.

And lastly, seeing Eric Matthews again was hilarious. IMO the funniest episode of GMW.

They've been showing season 2? And Feeney and Eric appearance? Got to catch up on it.

They've been showing season 2? And Feeney and Eric appearance? Got to catch up on it.
Yeah, Disney had a premeire week, last week and show a new episode everyday. They ended up showing them back to back this past Saturday.

And yes, Feeney and Eric appearance.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom