give me some advice...

Easy OP. Just tell her you don't feel like holding her back and go your separate ways.

Only know of one couple that lasted from HS through college to eventual marriage. Have a friend that split with his girl during college but they eventually got together.

My only advice: the grass always looks greener on the other side, you only get that college experience once, and you never know what the future holds. If you want to stay with her, stay. See how college goes and if yall last then cool. If not? Enjoy that college experience. But dont think just because you split ever means its over forever. She'll probably get it in. Hopefully you get yours too. If its meant to be, you'll get back together when the time is right as grown folk and appreciate each other more.

I was 100% in your same spot OP, under my dictation, we broke up when I left... But I made her aware of my intentions and what I thought would be best for us at the beginning of that summer.

Honestly, if you're stickin' like Tyrone it won't matter, she'll stay at your mercy regardless of how you go about it.

Should go no contact with her. That'll make her beast for you and want all your attention. If not then she's already getting piped on the side. Misk has taught me so well.

I was 100% in your same spot OP, under my dictation, we broke up when I left... But I made her aware of my intentions and what I thought would be best for us at the beginning of that summer.

Honestly, if you're stickin' like Tyrone it won't matter, she'll stay at your mercy regardless of how you go about it.
All of this, OP.

I was in the exact same boat, man.  Started dating my HS sweetheart middle of junior year, we broke up the Summer before I left for college.  She used to trip on me about the most petty ****, so I basically told her that if she's gonna be trippin about this little **** while we're both in the same city, how should I expect you to act while I'm gone away around all these chicks on an everyday basis?  I decided that I'd rather not deal with all of that, and just went in Single.  Don't really regret it to be honest.

OP, I know you're young, but what you're basically going to have to do is figure out if you REALLY wanna be with this chick.  Could you REALLY see yourself being with her in the long run?  If the answer is yes, stick it out.  You don't wanna miss out on a potential wifey for the sake of chasing *** in college.  Plus, if she ain't the one, it'll work itself out regardless.  Just don't knock her up.

Last edited:
High School relationships are just training in the dating world b.

'Take a break' and join the college finesse gang

High School relationships are just training in the dating world b.

'Take a break' and join the college finesse gang
Jug Jug Jug

Finesse Finesse Finesse 
pimp.gif

i'm in High School, in my senior year. my girlfriend have been together for a year now and she is always supportive of me, always there for me and gives me great solutions for my problems. she understands me when nobody else does. but the thing is that for some reason i just want to live life and not be held down in a relationship while in college. like i love her but i just want to experience life bruhs. she is the first girl i ever dated too. anybody want to give me some advice ? 

Your mind is already made up so you might as well tell her..

split up, do your thing, if its meant to be its meant to be, something will bring yall back together

A lot easier said than done, but you'll be kicking yourself later if ya dont.

If you guys are going to the same college then try to stick it out. If it's worth it to you because if y'all make it through that then y'all good.

If not then split up and let her do her and you can do you. Both you guys aren't the final versions of yourselves yet. Maybe you guys could meet up in the future but if you guys don't go your separate ways you'll always wonder, what if. Sometimes sticking together stops you from becoming a better you.

Last edited:
Just thinking back to how many girls in my frosh class came into the system with a boyfriend. Yea none of them lasted man.

She is going to start drinking and rubbing her *** on dudes ***** at parties and you will be sitting in your parents house with that on your brain.

Then she will start eating lunch with some dude everyday at the same time and eventually he will be her college boyfriend. And when you come visit she will tell him to fall back.

Probability is not In your corner

Straight in the feels bro! That's exactly what happen to me, Almost a year into college. Hooked with another dude. We were together since sophomore HS. Crazy thing they still together and it's been almost 10 years. She'll eventually want her space to explore herself and I see self. Just have a open mind n just go with the flow your young.

Last edited:

lol bro, you gonna cheat on her, she gonna cheat on you, you both going to do way too many drugs, you going to be having these same dilemmas for your 20s, your friends are going to get married, your parents will die, life wont be perfect, then you'll settle down with a chick who has 30+ bodies on her but she will make a hell of a Tom Collins and you two will have Star Wars in common.  It's just life bro, **** is weird as hell and nobody knows anything at 18 unless they came up under a Marlo type.  It just is what it is.  Keep smashing her for the rest of the year in your letterman and enjoy your youth. 
bra .

OP exactly what community college are you gonna go to, and what colleges (in NY and DC) is considering? I can give you some specific advice. I'll start it off by saying that there's always more than one route you can take in this situatuon

If you guys are going to the same college then try to stick it out. If it's worth it to you because if y'all make it through that then y'all good.

If not then split up and let her do her and you can do you. Both you guys aren't the final versions of yourselves yet. Maybe you guys could meet up in the future but if you guys don't go your separate ways you'll always wonder, what if. Sometimes sticking together stops you from becoming a better you.
This

I was with the same chick from the beginning of 9th grade up to our sophomore year of college. She was a good girl that didn't party or go out unless with me. I was the one partying and going out during high school, the roles completely switched in college. I was all caught up into her but still in my ways. I guess I was a bit controlling, mainly because I was allowed to. My word was always bond. That went out the window after she start hanging with certain females and start getting all this attention from dudes. I'm in the dorm room waiting for late night calls while she's out shaking her *** or doing whatever. This became a problem for me and we broke up only to get back together a few months later before sophomore year started. By then the control was in her hand. I knew it was over once she asked if it was ok if she took money from other dudes. One day we were suppose to hook up and she wouldn't answer for hours. She came by later and broke up with me. Spent the next few days trying to get her back. After ignoring my calls for a while she finally answered and said look I have a boyfriend, I stuck with you for so long because you were my identity in high school. Cue the Ralph Wiggum heartbreak gif. Took months to get over that. Smashing didn't even help. She would call months later to apologize and explain. In the end I'm grateful our relationship happened, not sad that it ended. I learned a lot from it, she was a light for me.

I do believe, though, things would've been different had we went to the same college.

I was with the same chick from the beginning of 9th grade up to our sophomore year of college. She was a good girl that didn't party or go out unless with me. I was the one partying and going out during high school, the roles completely switched in college. I was all caught up into her but still in my ways. I guess I was a bit controlling, mainly because I was allowed to. My word was always bond. That went out the window after she start hanging with certain females and start getting all this attention from dudes. I'm in the dorm room waiting for late night calls while she's out shaking her *** or doing whatever. This became a problem for me and we broke up only to get back together a few months later before sophomore year started. By then the control was in her hand. I knew it was over once she asked if it was ok if she took money from other dudes. One day we were suppose to hook up and she wouldn't answer for hours. She came by later and broke up with me. Spent the next few days trying to get her back. After ignoring my calls for a while she finally answered and said look I have a boyfriend, I stuck with you for so long because you were my identity in high school. Cue the Ralph Wiggum heartbreak gif. Took months to get over that. Smashing didn't even help. She would call months later to apologize and explain. In the end I'm grateful our relationship happened, not sad that it ended. I learned a lot from it, she was a light for me.

I do believe, though, things would've been different had we went to the same college.

Damn :smh:

I'm not built for that life
Someone at her school would get a black eye

Damn just Damn

Heck of a story up there, but it's very common.

The world is so big, brah. There are people you see daily now that you are not even going to remember in 5 years. It's just a concept that's very hard to understand when you are young.

OP needs to talk to his girl about this. It's going to be difficult but it's better to be done now than later.

OP exactly what community college are you gonna go to, and what colleges (in NY and DC) is considering? I can give you some specific advice. I'll start it off by saying that there's always more than one route you can take in this situatuon
i'm going to school in Long Island. she is going to school in NYC don't know which school and for DC she might go to Howard or Georgetown.

Back
Top Bottom