Goodbye, Toys R Us? * UPDATE: Toys R Us is preparing to liquidate its U.S. operations, sources say*

Right, parents know kids still play with toys, a lot.

Hatchimals ran the christmas season.

Damn, this was the only place my 3 yr old son would recognize when we were driving around. Time to use those GC up now before it's too late.

image.png
they ain't closing lol

haven't been inside a toys-r-us since maybe the 1980's anyway

i thought they were trying to do it too big when i saw they branched out into toys-r-us children's clothing stores (separate from the toy stores)

went in there for the first time in like 20 years during the Christmas holidays and that place was a madhouse. not surprised tho. buy my niece and nephews stuff from Amazon.

I was more KBtoys. but still kind of mess up seeing how things changed...presumably for the worst.

Can't say that I will miss Toys R Us because I can count the amount of times I've been to one on one hand. I mostly blame that on being in Mississippi were the only real toys store we ever head in my area was KB Toys back in the day.

To tell the truth, I think most toy buyers are actually people that are 18+. I'm constantly coming across YT channels were grown ups are out buying Pop Funko figures, DC Multiverse figures, Marvel Legends figures, Star Wars black series figures & those high price statues/figures mainly for nostalgia purposes.
You really don't see too many kids roaming around the toy stores/sections anymore and when they do go after a toy it's something super hyped like those fidget spinners.

Damn I remember the games being $59.99.

That's why PS1 overtook Nintendo because the games were only like $39.99 on the discs.

Either way, whatever the prices were for snes games back in the day, they were expensive. My mom didn't have to spend her very hard earned money to buy me games sometimes, but she did. Gonna go hug my mom next time I see her.

I still collect Marvel Legends here and there, I have about 3 local TRU and they never have anything. You may get lucky and find a new wave of legends, but most of the time they are old ones hanging around. Shame.

I forget SNES games cost 60-70 bucks, that's crazy.

I still collect Marvel Legends here and there, I have about 3 local TRU and they never have anything. You may get lucky and find a new wave of legends, but most of the time they are old ones hanging around. Shame.

I find better stuff at Wal-Greens

Being a Toys R Us kid is one of my favorite childhood memories. I pretty much grew up in that place, and can remember damn near everything I've got from there. They were the Nintendo plug, that section was always on point. :lol:

The 90s and early 2000s had the best toys, man.

Look around, I don't see kids playing with toys anymore. By 7-8 yrs old, they already got a laptop, iPhone, iPad.

yeah, its a lil heart breaking.... there's a table on Sunday around my hood full of used toys, cheap...kids just walk by.

I remember as a kid having to get the game slip from those plastic sleeves just to get the hard copy :lol:
I miss those days |l

That took me back. Running to the aisle and searching like a madman only to find the plastic sleeve empty.. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom