GoodFellas Appreciation....

The 25th Anniversary Blu-ray came in this morning. 

11537715_838225032899502_384726148356075544_n.jpg

I'm watching it right now and the picture looks great. 
pimp.gif

easily my favorite film of all time, i'm always quoting lines from it daily, hilarious to see if people catch on or not.

A new blu ray 25th anniversary edition confirmed to be released on May 5, along with a new documentary on Scorsese:

View media item 1381654

View media item 1381655

It will receive a 4K scan of the original film negatives and the process will be supervised by Martin Scorsese. In other words, it will look much better than you've ever seen it before, might even look better than if you've seen it theatrically in 1990, if you have a good TV.

That sounds great - I like the original cover better though.

"It’s been over 30 years since Martin Scorsese released his gangster movie classic, Goodfellas. On this episode of Art of the Scene, we’re talking to Larry McConkey, the Steadicam operator on one of Goodfellas’ best scenes - The Copa shot. He’s going to tell us all about his behind the scenes experiences working with Martin Scorsese, Ray Liotta, and Michael Balhaus on one of the best long shots in the history of film. While Martin Scorsese has directed classic films like Taxi Driver, Raging Bull, and The Departed, his depiction of the 1960’s Italian mafia still holds up as one of the best mob movies of all time. Sure, Joe Pesci and Robert De Niro gave great performances- both Tommy DeVito and Jimmy Conway are iconic characters. However, Scorsese’s long shot through the Copacabana is easily one of Goodfellas best clips. In this video, while it doesn’t feature an original Martin Scorsese interview, we discuss what makes The Copacabana scene so special. Larry McConkey talk to us about how he worked with Ray Liotta (Henry Hill), who channeled his inner gangster, and improvised some of the most memorable moments in the whole movie. Honestly, The Copacabana scene is really just an incredible piece of cime cinema (plus the best Goodfellas scene while also being one of Goodfellas best moments) and we hope you really enjoy watching this piece of Goodfellas analysis."

Back
Top Bottom