Gregg Williams Audio SMH

As I expected, ex-Saints player Steve Gleason said the released recordings were not authorized by him. Here's the link to the post on ProFootballTalk.com & story below.

Gleason says Pamphilon was not authorized to release Williams audio
Posted by Mike Florio on April 6, 2012, 9:55 AM EDT

As expected, former Saints defensive back and special teams standout Steve Gleason has issued a statement regarding the decision of filmmaker Sean Pamphilon to release audio that he recorded the night before the Saints lost to the 49ers in the NFC playoffs.

“Sean Pamphilon and I have agreement that all recordings ultimately belong to me and my family,

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Originally Posted by yungchris504

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

DoubleJs07 said:
On one hand we're pissed at Williams' message...on the other, we're celebrating Pierre Thomas getting KO'd by throwing up
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. What am I missing here? A bit hypocritical, no?

Everything. Football is physical game and Donte's hit was clearly clean. There was no intention of injuring a player whatsoever, going for an injury and etc. Totally different situation. No hypocrisy at all. Plus it was a fumble.
The only people in this thread that are complaining are the 49er fans. That hit on Pierre was Helmet to Helmet. Dude broke his jaw. That's like throwing a
pimp.gif
when Willis got his ACL ripped off in that Championship game at the U.

And ironically the following week the Giants attacked that dude Kyle Williams relentlessly knowing damn well the condition he was in as well. Like I said before I find it very hard to believe that this does not go on in every NFL locker room.
Whether it was a helmet to helmet or not is irrelevant because it was a legal hit. Now we can't celebrate legal hits? How is the similar to players intentionally going for the knees and ankles? He didn't intentionally go towards his helmet anyway and made an excellent play that completely changed the momentum. For that it gets many
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 51and3rd

Originally Posted by Put em up

still dont understand how fans and the media got so soft now...football is a game for warriors.

if your disgusted by the speech maybe football isnt the sport for you...go watch golf, tennis and men volleyball.  

I'm saying. ++$% like this ain't nothing. Why do you think teams down play injuries to key players to the media? Teams are going after it said or not.

I swear it seems like a lot of people watch too many movies. Even if you happened to be on some knock-off "Cobra-Kai" BS program chances are you or none of your teammates ever amounted to anything significant in your sport. This isn't hollywood. 
I'll take the words of a guy like Thurman Thomas over internet "spartans"

https://twitter.com/#!/thurmanthomas
[font=HelveticaNeue, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]https://twitter.com/#!/thurmanthomas[/font]
[font=HelveticaNeue, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]https://twitter.com/#!/thurmanthomas[/font]
https://twitter.com/#!/thurmanthomashttps://twitter.com/#!/thurmanthomas

Originally Posted by TheGift23

I can only imagine the instructions Gregg used to tell Sean T.
pimp.gif
GW stated many times that ST was his favorite player he coached. Thank god he didn't become HC after Gibbs left tho
pimp.gif

Sean Taylor is the type of dude that didn't need motivation, let alone the psycho BS.
One thing I respected about Taylor is that he gave some of the cleanest hits in football I have ever seen. Even in the pro bowl. I've never seen anyone carted off after a ST hit. Just some lost wind and some hurt feelings. 

Aaron Pierce said Gregg used to give these same talks in washington Especially aiming them at He , Lavar and Sean T

You know what's funny to me this D was garb with bounties included. Probably was trying to motivate them to play better you ask me(I know some of you fake comedians didn't gotcha lol) If they were trying to really injure cats why dudes wasn't getting the "put em in a bodybag" treatment weekly then? At least to me the words don't match the actions unless people can show me all the hits that don't happen on a normal game to game basis consistently.

I like football, but I don't know much about the game or the coaching of the game.

I know they are two completely different games, one where contact is much heavier, but I can't see Phil Jackson ever saying anything like this, or any of his old coaching staff. I can't imagine him saying to undercut someone so they can tweak their ankle. Bruce Bowen used to do that +!%%, but that's just because he was a dirtyass player. Forget the money talk, just saying to take a player out? That's some Karate Kid +!%%...

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

It's obvious some of you guys have never played football. I found nothing wrong with that speech.

Thank you. Dudes in here sounding like soccer moms. It's the beast of the beast, it's football one of the most violent sports in America. If you ever been around the game or know people who played the game at a high level they'll say this is nothing. Yea offensive players are gonna come out and speak on it. But I just see it as a coach getting his team amp.

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

It's obvious some of you guys have never played football. I found nothing wrong with that speech.

Thank you. Dudes in here sounding like soccer moms. It's the beast of the beast, it's football one of the most violent sports in America. If you ever been around the game or know people who played the game at a high level they'll say this is nothing. Yea offensive players are gonna come out and speak on it. But I just see it as a coach getting his team amp.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Aaron Pierce said Gregg used to give these same talks in washington Especially aiming them at He , Lavar and Sean T

Antonio Pierce? Im sure thats what you meant. Anyways, all i know is if Gregg was directing these instructions to Lavar, he couldve at least let him on the field for more than 2 plays a game.
laugh.gif

Wow, there's a lot of tough internet gangstas on this thread calling dudes soccer moms. It's one thing to hit hard & make a guy think twice coming your way, but intending to injure someone is entirely different.

Some of you guys think because you might've played some highschool or jr college ball think you know the psyche of pro athelete, but your logic is waaay off. Yes, these players want to hurt someone when they hit them but they don't want to injure dudes in a way that's going to prevent them from earning money & feeding their families.

Even tough nosed players like warren sapp, michael irvin, & Cris Carter are speaking out against williams. They're even saying they've never been around coaches who told his players to take out ACLs & stuff.

I love football & nothing excites me more than a good clean hit (still remember Bebe getting knocked out by Woodson in the Monday night game), but wanting to blow out ACLS is way overboard.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I like football, but I don't know much about the game or the coaching of the game.

I know they are two completely different games, one where contact is much heavier, but I can't see Phil Jackson ever saying anything like this, or any of his old coaching staff. I can't imagine him saying to undercut someone so they can tweak their ankle. Bruce Bowen used to do that +!%%, but that's just because he was a dirtyass player. Forget the money talk, just saying to take a player out? That's some Karate Kid +!%%...
the sports are too different to compare Phil Jackson docile coaching in basketball to a Rex Ryan like coach in football
if your a defensive linebacker thats about to go against Adrian Peterson, a player with tremendous speed and power, your gonna want your coach to motivate you to knot him the hell out.

Originally Posted by psk2310

Wow, there's a lot of tough internet gangstas on this thread calling dudes soccer moms. It's one thing to hit hard & make a guy think twice coming your way, but intending to injure someone is entirely different.

Some of you guys think because you might've played some highschool or jr college ball think you know the psyche of pro athelete, but your logic is waaay off. Yes, these players want to hurt someone when they hit them but they don't want to injure dudes in a way that's going to prevent them from earning money & feeding their families.

Even tough nosed players like warren sapp, michael irvin, & Cris Carter are speaking out against williams. They're even saying they've never been around coaches who told his players to take out ACLs & stuff.

I love football & nothing excites me more than a good clean hit (still remember Bebe getting knocked out by Woodson in the Monday night game), but wanting to blow out ACLS is way overboard.
Two things.

I agree with the seconded bolded statement so does your first bolded statement really matter in that case? No matter what Williams says these dudes are not trying to seriously injure someone and if they are it has nothing to do with what Williams said. This is why I do not understand why this is such a big deal except from a marketing perspective. I admit Williams needs to be punished because the NFL is a business and they have an image to maintain. There are some mistakes you can make at your job that wont get you fired and there are some that will no matter how sorry you are.

Also, Do you really think those "hard nosed players" are going to defend Williams under any circumstances given their current career? They are inherently biased and using them as some "evidence" is pretty useless.

You know what's funny to me this D was garb with bounties included. Probably was trying to motivate them to play better you ask me(I know some of you fake comedians didn't gotcha lol) If they were trying to really injure cats why dudes wasn't getting the "put em in a bodybag" treatment weekly then? At least to me the words don't match the actions unless people can show me all the hits that don't happen on a normal game to game basis consistently.
As politically incorrect as this may be...I have to agree with this and this has been my football playing experience as well. Funny thing was though all of the dudes I remember saying they were gonna lay someone out or get someone carried off were usually the ones on their back...
laugh.gif
but whatever

Random Gregg Williams story....

Folks used to say the extra "g" in his name stood for "God" because that's what he thought of himself. On that tip, in the Skins/Buffalo game following Sean Taylor's death, Williams had 10 defenders take the field on the first defensive snap (I think they gave up a first down, too). This was a tribute to Sean Taylor. GREAT gesture, right? Well, if Williams had only told Joe Gibbs what he was going to do, the gesture would have been better received. This all shows the ego this man had.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by PleaseSayTheBaby23

Originally Posted by psk2310

It's one thing to get your players to play hard & hit hard but when you talk about taking out ACLs & stuff, your talking about taking away people's lively hoods - their potential to earn money or bigger contracts or even being able to play to their maximum abilities in the future.

There is no doubt in my mind now that Williams had his ******** D back in '06 try & injure Peyton which began his neck problems. Check out the vid here. He's been teaching dirty tactics since he's been a coach in the league.

Funny thats my cuzin who took Mannings head off in that vid
laugh.gif

That' was UnCalled for.
And your cousin is a ******

Back
Top Bottom