Gregg Williams Audio SMH

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

On one hand we're pissed at Williams' message...on the other, we're celebrating Pierre Thomas getting KO'd by throwing up
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. What am I missing here? A bit hypocritical, no?

When I was pitching in HS, I was asked by my pitching coach to throw at the head of one of the team's other players. I didn't. He benched me.

I think Ozzie Guillen did the same thing to Gavin Floyd a few years back.

Really? You can't be that simple..
There is nothing wrong with giving the "
pimp.gif
" to a good clean menacing hit. Besides how does that compare to people being upset over a coach telling his players to aim for ACLs, concussions, and ankles?

But you're still celebrating a player getting KO'd in a thread DEDICATED to Gregg Williams.  I'm the simple one, but you can't see the hypocrisy.  OK. 

I thought it was over the top, but not horrible, up until the part where he mentions Crabtree's ACL.

This tape should be the nail in the coffin for his coaching career.

On one hand we're pissed at Williams' message...on the other, we're celebrating Pierre Thomas getting KO'd by throwing up
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
" to a good clean menacing hit. Besides how does that compare to people being upset over a coach telling his players to aim for ACLs, concussions, and ankles?

But you're still celebrating a player getting KO'd in a thread DEDICATED to Gregg Williams.  I'm the simple one, but you can't see the hypocrisy.  OK. 
Yes you are.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

When I was pitching in HS, I was asked by my pitching coach to throw at the head of one of the team's other players. I didn't. He benched me.

pimp.gif

Hitting hard and intending to injure are COMPLETELY different.
Intending to hit hard: Usually aimed at a player's core
Intending to injure: Aiming for a specific part of the body with malice.

pimp.gif

Yes you are.
Go cry somewhere. 

I'm talking about in context to the thread at hand. 

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

pimp.gif

Just let it go bro, he's too simple to see the difference..

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

DoubleJs07 said:
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Everything. Football is physical game and Donte's hit was clearly clean. There was no intention of injuring a player whatsoever, going for an injury and etc. Totally different situation. No hypocrisy at all. Plus it was a fumble.

still dont understand how fans and the media got so soft now...football is a game for warriors.

if your disgusted by the speech maybe football isnt the sport for you...go watch golf, tennis and men volleyball.  

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

DoubleJs07 said:
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Everything. Football is physical game and Donte's hit was clearly clean. There was no intention of injuring a player whatsoever, going for an injury and etc. Totally different situation. No hypocrisy at all. Plus it was a fumble.
The only people in this thread that are complaining are the 49er fans. That hit on Pierre was Helmet to Helmet. Dude broke his jaw. That's like throwing a
pimp.gif
when Willis got his ACL ripped off in that Championship game at the U.

And ironically the following week the Giants attacked that dude Kyle Williams relentlessly knowing damn well the condition he was in as well. Like I said before I find it very hard to believe that this does not go on in every NFL locker room.

Originally Posted by yungchris504

By releasing something that needs to be heard? Hardly. Not every coach says the same things Williams was saying, because if they were there would be zero cameras in any locker room or following coaches and players.
This dude was given access to do a documentary on Gleason and the last part of his life. He released information that is not relevant to what he was documenting nor did he receive permission from Gleason to do so. Not to mention he has this information since the 9ers game and he decides on the day of the appeal to leak it? He is definitely getting sued and like I said he has +*++$! himself if he thinks anyone else is going to work with him. Its like Greg McElroy and the Jets.

1. Pamphilon didn't choose to release it on the day of the appeal. Pamphilon turned it over to Mike Silver who released it last night.
2. Why would he be sued? For turning over evidence in an ongoing investigation? You wish.
3. Players and coaches will still work with him, they're just going to be more cognizant of what they say around him and other video journalist.
Uhm he put the tape out, it is on his personal Youtube page and he waited the day of the hearing to do so. He stated so himself.

Sean pamphilon is a coward and should be ashamed for taking advantage of Steve Gleason! How much did u get paid for that audio?
— Malcolm Jenkins (@MalcolmJenkins) April 5, 2012

Yea I am sure players and coaches will still work for him
In releasing this material, I have severely strained my relations with Michel and Steve Gleason, whom I sincerely love. They had no part in this material becoming public and I may have to find another producer to finish our film project. This was a film which made me have to learn to shoot my camera while crying. This is a film that guitarist Mike McCready from my favorite band, Pearl Jam has committed to doing the music for. No joke. It’s that deep. It’s that powerful. It’s that big of an opportunity potentially lost.
He knew what he was doing but w/e ultimately I am more displeased with this dude who was supposedly buddies with Gleason and then stabs him in the back that is some cold blooded %%@+

This dude didnt give a @%@%, talking about going after players concussions and ACL's
30t6p3b.gif

Michael Ervin was NFL network saying he should banned from the league. After hearing all that I cant argue against it.

All offensive players are gonna say he should be banned, killed, and stoned
Defensive players are gonna remain quiet and say all the "right" answers, although they probably agree with Williams or have had coaches tell them the exact same thing

DoubleJs07 said:
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

The only people in this thread that are complaining are the 49er fans. That hit on Pierre was Helmet to Helmet. Dude broke his jaw. That's like throwing a
pimp.gif

And ironically the following week the Giants attacked that dude Kyle Williams relentlessly knowing damn well the condition he was in as well. Like I said before I find it very hard to believe that this does not go on in every NFL locker room.
Whether it was a helmet to helmet or not is irrelevant because it was a legal hit. Now we can't celebrate legal hits? How is the similar to players intentionally going for the knees and ankles? He didn't intentionally go towards his helmet anyway and made an excellent play that completely changed the momentum. For that it gets many
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Are people really missing what he was doing during that tape? Obviously we can't see video, but according to whoever posted that wrote that he gestured that he would pay for whoever hit that player in the chin.
He said:

"Remember me, I go the first one"

While he gestured about handing out money.

Again, obviously we can't see the video but I'm not sure why people are saying money was never brought up. I'm not sure what the person who posted the video would gain by adding that part.

And I thing he is literally saying hit people's cranium, not alluding to the "head of a monster." He said he wanted to "find out" about a guy's concussion and said "before you get off the pile, hit the head affect the head."

If you think the talk is cool, ok, but don't warp reality or conveniently misread what Williams was saying. I really don't see how an ACL is outlandish to speak on but testing a guy's concussion is ok.

That hit on Peyton by the Skins let me know that Peyton wasn't exactly human. I really thought his career was over (or at least his season) after that hit. Dude got up and went in for the next play and had my respect forever.

I'll never understand why this is such a big deal other than Godellbeing butt hurt they lied to him but I've played football and heard similar %$*% from coaches wether you act on it is on you

This happened after the NFL told him/them to stop (multiple times?). That's as big a deal as the context of the speech. Even if you are ok with his words, you have to understand the issue with the timing

DoubleJs07 said:
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

Whether it was a helmet to helmet or not is irrelevant because it was a legal hit. Now we can't celebrate legal hits? How is the similar to players intentionally going for the knees and ankles? He didn't intentionally go towards his helmet anyway and made an excellent play that completely changed the momentum. For that it gets many
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

No one is saying you can't celebrate legal hits you dummy.  I don't know why you can't get that through your thick skull.  In the CONTEXT of THIS thread it's a bit hypocritical that certain 49ers fans are giving props to one of their guys for KO'ing Thomas. 

Originally Posted by Put em up

still dont understand how fans and the media got so soft now...football is a game for warriors.

if your disgusted by the speech maybe football isnt the sport for you...go watch golf, tennis and men volleyball.  

I'm saying. ++$% like this ain't nothing. Why do you think teams down play injuries to key players to the media? Teams are going after it said or not.

I can only imagine the instructions Gregg used to tell Sean T.
pimp.gif
GW stated many times that ST was his favorite player he coached. Thank god he didn't become HC after Gibbs left tho
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

No one is saying you can't celebrate legal hits you dummy.  I don't know why you can't get that through your thick skull.  In the CONTEXT of THIS thread it's a bit hypocritical that certain 49ers fans are giving props to one of their guys for KO'ing Thomas. 
People in this thread are upset over players getting told by Williams to specifically injure players or go after injured players. People aren't upset over players getting hurt on legal plays. Hypocritical? Hardly..
Jesus christ, and I'm the dummy?

the only reason 49ers fans are "
pimp.gif
" the hit is because they learned that Saints was turning to intentionally hurt their team but instead Thomas got cracked.

and lets be real, players go after injuries all the time but i think that going for knees or ankles is a tad excessive

Back
Top Bottom