Grey market discussion thread (Let's keep the discussion mature) Rules on pg 1 please read before yo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm reading this thread and it's really informative as I'm keen on taking the jump on one... I'm thinking about the Royals for sure but I hope I don't get a pair like the one in that YouTube video with the Shadows

a
Lets try to get this thread back on topic. And remember you all have the right to your own opinion and we ALL should be able to have a adult conversation about the GM with out acting like children. Thanks

How about making 2 threads, one for those who think GM's are authentics and another for those who think they're high quality bootlegs. No opposing opinions allowed in either thread. Problem solved :wink:

a
How about making 2 threads, one for those who think GM's are authentics and another for those who think they're high quality bootlegs. No opposing opinions allowed in either thread. Problem solved :wink:

Because you can't be an elitist if there's no one to feel better than.

Big Steve laying down the law... Good for you buddy, keep it up.

The comparison of dudes GM royals to his retial pair really threw me off. I don't think you can say they are "GM" if they are clearly different material. GM's to me meant same factory, same people making them, same material- just "extra" pairs. If they are using different material then that shoots down those from the "GM" category. Atleast those pairs from that store.

I would be SO interested to see a comparison between Sneaker Apes Royals and Rstors.

That comparison has made me decide to not purchase GM royals... kinda disappointed not gonna lie.

As far a Lewi's Jams, they look good except the sole is a little off- he's not calling them authentic so there isn't much reason to get on his case, if he's comfortable with that and happy with the money he spent on them that's all that matters. People should be thankful that he took the time to share his experice and post the photos so everyone could see.

From what I can tell, most people buy GM shoes plan to beat them into the ground and have accepted the fact that they are what they are, and their okay with that. And that's fine, everyone is free to do what they want with their money.

The problem is people buying them and turning around and selling them as authentic, that's why people get so upset about them. And another thing is, it's devaluing authentic shoes because when the market floods it brings down resale value since someone can just buy a GM shoe instead of pay reseller price for an authentic.

End of the day, do what you want with your money. But those side by side of the royals def changed my view on GM shoes. Some pairs look exactly the same side by side, but some pairs don't either. I was fully expecting the GM royals to look as close as the XI's do. You would never be able to tell if you just had one pair in hand, but stand next to someone with legit royals and you'll tell right away.

a
Lets try to get this thread back on topic. And remember you all have the right to your own opinion and we ALL should be able to have a adult conversation about the GM with out acting like children. Thanks

There doesn't need to be 2 threads. If someone doesn't agree with the topic at hand, and hates the discussion so much, they should keep themselves out of the thread.

Because you can't be an elitist if there's no one to feel better than.

Lol. Well each group is still allowed to talk c.crap about the other, it's just that the other group not allowed to jump in to defend themselves. No more bickering :wink: just a bunch of smack talk lol

Lol. Well each group is still allowed to talk c.crap about the other, it's just that the other group not allowed to jump in to defend themselves. No more bickering :wink: just a bunch of smack talk lol
Lol I kinda like the back and forth. It's like exercise for your brain if you do it the right way haha easiest way to shut someone up is to come to the table with facts. Then most of the time you can use what they say against them and shut them up. I've done it a couple times in this thread lol

What gets frustrating is when people (on both sides) blatantly ignore facts and information if it doesn't fit into their view.

Last edited:
Lol I kinda like the back and forth. It's like exercise for your brain if you do it the right way haha easiest way to shut someone up is to come to the table with facts. Then most of the time you can use what they say against them and shut them up. I've done it a couple times in this thread lol

What gets frustrating is when people (on both sides) blatantly ignore facts and information if it doesn't fit into their view.
Truth

Big Steve laying down the law... Good for you buddy, keep it up.

The comparison of dudes GM royals to his retial pair really threw me off. I don't think you can say they are "GM" if they are clearly different material. GM's to me meant same factory, same people making them, same material- just "extra" pairs. If they are using different material then that shoots down those from the "GM" category. Atleast those pairs from that store.

I would be SO interested to see a comparison between Sneaker Apes Royals and Rstors.

That comparison has made me decide to not purchase GM royals... kinda disappointed not gonna lie.

As far a Lewi's Jams, they look good except the sole is a little off- he's not calling them authentic so there isn't much reason to get on his case, if he's comfortable with that and happy with the money he spent on them that's all that matters. People should be thankful that he took the time to share his experice and post the photos so everyone could see.

From what I can tell, most people buy GM shoes plan to beat them into the ground and have accepted the fact that they are what they are, and their okay with that. And that's fine, everyone is free to do what they want with their money.

The problem is people buying them and turning around and selling them as authentic, that's why people get so upset about them. And another thing is, it's devaluing authentic shoes because when the market floods it brings down resale value since someone can just buy a GM shoe instead of pay reseller price for an authentic.

End of the day, do what you want with your money. But those side by side of the royals def changed my view on GM shoes. Some pairs look exactly the same side by side, but some pairs don't either. I was fully expecting the GM royals to look as close as the XI's do. You would never be able to tell if you just had one pair in hand, but stand next to someone with legit royals and you'll tell right away.

My first pair of GM Jams, I sold to a FTL worker. He was digging the concord GMs I was wearing, asked if I had anything for sale. I told him I have DS Jams, showed him the pics, he asked where I got him. I told him the truth, I got them direct from China, the people who make them. Sold em for $300, dude was thrilled with them, and I told the truth on their origin. I told him the workers keep on making these, when Nike is done producing.

If you do flip these, you can still make money and tell the truth. But selling online is riskier, because of paypal claims...

Last edited:
My first pair of GM Jams, I sold to a FTL worker. He was digging the concord GMs I was wearing, asked if I had anything for sale. I told him I have DS Jams, showed him the pics, he asked where I got him. I told him the truth, I got them direct from China, the people who make them. Sold em for $300, dude was thrilled with them, and I told the truth on their origin. I told him the workers keep on making these, when Nike is done producing.

If you do flip these, you can still make money and tell the truth. But selling online is riskier, because of paypal claims...
Y don't u buy authentic jams after u flipped the gm pair for 300$? Just curious

View media item 518608

View media item 518609

View media item 518610

View media item 518611

View media item 518612

View media item 518613

View media item 518614

My pair obviously isnt deadstock but theyre  good enough shape to do a comparison. Post how you think the GMs stack up to my pair.

As far as I can tell from your pics, differences:

-Number font on box size is a little different
-My GM soles did not cover all carbon fiber fully (already pointed this out)
-Your "Jumpman Jordan" tag on the tongue is a little higher up than mine.
-Your back view of shoes looks pretty bad for a retail pair, 23 is crooked, patent seam is off-center.

Y don't u buy authentic jams after u flipped the gm pair for 300$? Just curious

1. Retail Jams go for $500+ now it seems
2. Retail Jams are piss yellow now from 2009
3. Retail Jams are pretty hard to find with the flooding of GM pairs
4. I see GM Jams as authentic, just not authorized. So I get icy Jams for around $200 shipped.

As far as I can tell from your pics, differences:

-Number font on box size is a little different
-My GM soles did not cover all carbon fiber fully (already pointed this out)
-Your "Jumpman Jordan" tag on the tongue is a little higher up than mine.
-Your back view of shoes looks pretty bad for a retail pair, 23 is crooked, patent seam is off-center.
To be fair the box was on my bed so the box was mind of slanted. But yeah look at the alignment of my 23! That's why I laugh when people try to use that as an idicator of authenticity. Once people see the icy sole people instantly over scrutinize every aspect of the shoe.

Last edited:
1. Retail Jams go for $500+ now it seems
2. Retail Jams are piss yellow now from 2009
3. Retail Jams are pretty hard to find with the flooding of GM pairs
4. I see GM Jams as authentic, just not authorized. So I get icy Jams for around $200 shipped.
R they really going for $500 now!? Jesus!
I'd still prefer an authentic pair but to each is own. Guess it makes a lil sense if their $500 now but if it were me I'd flip a couple gm pairs to get 1 authentic pair.

a

Yeah that sounds like a good idea on paper but do you really think that members would just stay in the thread that matches their opinion? NO,then I would have to keep up with two threads of people fighting and attacking each other and breaking all the rules.as it is the one thread gives me a headache.

Last edited:

I wasn't trying to call you out on any level. I was just offering my two cents. I hope it didn't seem that way.

If you tell people where they come from and what they are, that's a different story. But when people are out selling them for $450 saying they are authentic retail pairs, that's ****** up.

I wasn't trying to call you out on any level. I was just offering my two cents. I hope it didn't seem that way.

If you tell people where they come from and what they are, that's a different story. But when people are out selling them for $450 saying they are authentic retail pairs, that's ****** up.

I am guessing you were trying to quote me?

I don't feel called out at all. That's the only GM pair I ever sold, because the 12 was way too big. But, rocking these GM to FTL breaks necks on employees, I already have another dude that wants me to order him a size. Told him the truth on them too. They inspect them on my feet, dig em and want em.

Ok I have a question. To everyone who is adamant about that these come from the exact same factory as retail stores, made by same workers who make retail pairs etc. that in essence the only dufference is that Nike didnt give their stamp of approval. Where is this information coming from other than hearsay? Are there any concrete evidence other than the Chinese guy on the other end of an email saying that we are a Nike factory.

Yeah that sounds like a good idea on paper but do you really think that members would just stay in the thread that matches their opinion? NO,then I would have to keep up with two threads of people fighting and attacking each other and breaking all the rules.as it is the one thread gives me a headache.

It's a silly idea on paper, and def wouldn't practically work either. I was being facetious. I'm new to NK so not sure how you guys regulate stuff but way too much kiddie bs going on. Maybe you should make members age visible, that way you can kind of guage where people's heads are at, and whose worth being taken seriously.

Ok I have a question. To everyone who is adamant about that these come from the exact same factory as retail stores, made by same workers who make retail pairs etc. that in essence the only dufference is that Nike didnt give their stamp of approval. Where is this information coming from other than hearsay? Are there any concrete evidence other than the Chinese guy on the other end of an email saying that we are a Nike factory.

Dude just read the thread. There are multiple articles speaking on multiple brands such as new balance, Adidas, AND NIKE. They state that although rogue factories are producing replicas and knock offs their biggest issues are factories that nike contracts to make their own products producing "third shift" shoes and extending production runs. If you actually read through the thread you'll see that the majority of the people are posting quality information and doing research to provide us with facts. A little but of reading goes a long way in this thread.

Last edited:
Dude just read the thread. There are multiple articles speaking on multiple brands such as new balance, Adidas, AND NIKE. They state that although rogue factories are producing replicas and knock offs their biggest issues are factories producing "third shift" shoes and extending production runs. If you actually read through the thread you'll see that the majority of the people are posting quality information and doing research to provide us with facts. A little but of reading goes a long way in this thread.

+1, even the last 10 pages has a bunch of articles posted. Its not hearsay. Only difference IMO is no quality control. so you roll the dice to pay these prices...

I don't know what to believe anymore after this **** with the Royals. SMH.

Every other shoe I bought was good though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom