GREY MARKET DISCUSSION THREAD VOL. 2!!! (LET'S KEEP THE DISCUSSION MATURE) RULES ON PG 1 PLEASE READ

The boxes can be straight up comical at times
laugh.gif

Making up their own accessories and stuff
laugh.gif
This is the other HUGE rebuttal to all the idiots that say "it's all the same materials, just sloppier execution".

So let me get this straight. They wanna claim all same materials...but the box is straight up COMPLETELY DIFFERENT? So they can get the exact same nubuck, tumbled leather, patent leather, sock liner materials, outsole/midsole materials, all the expensive stuff...but they're just gonna FAIL MISERABLY when it comes to shoe paper? Box materials? Okay....sounds legit hahahaha.

Last edited:
I think I get it A-friend. You're beginning to learn a lot about this industry which myself and Deeds already have nailed down. You play devil's advocate accidentally sometimes and that can be misconstrued as advocating GMs. 

In the end I think you're slowly beginning to see the light and the truth about GMs. 

I will add this. We, the experts, also misuse the term GM. But we are knowingly doing it. It's just easier to use that term, and helps decipher between straight up swap meet lookin sponge bob replicas that cost 80 bucks, and these "very close replica's" we are seeing.

When we use the term GM, we don't actually mean GM. Zyzz is right...GM started when a few pairs would leak out the back door. We now have crossed that term over into a more broad usage, while admittedly incorrect. They are just high quality fakes. We use the term grey market in reference to these high quality fakes that end up on sites like Mental Kicks, Marqueesole, etc. But in actuality...they are indeed, fakes.

I will not deny that there is a possibility that these bootleggers are able to get their hands on materials that are identical, or very close to the real thing. Other times, they get materials that are obviously very far off from the real thing. They slap all that crap together, and you get your "shoe".

Yes, you get it. I ask questions because I don't know. I buy lots of shoes on eBay, I need to know what I'm getting is real.

It's just wack to assume my reasoning for being interested, is so I can go buy fakes and stunt.
This is not my intention.
If people(not you specifically but anyone) want to judge people for wearing, buying supporting fakes, man I feel you, but please leave me out of the judgment, and place the judgment in it's correct place.

That's all I'm saying

And on the GM, your explanation in your post is exactly how I was feeling, I can't understand something when it's being misused. You guys know what you mean, but it confuses me, or did. I know what it is.

Last edited:
The boxes can be straight up comical at times :lol:

Making up their own accessories and stuff :lol:
This is the other HUGE rebuttal to all the idiots that say "it's all the same materials, just sloppier execution".

So let me get this straight. They wanna claim all same materials...but the box is straight up COMPLETELY DIFFERENT? So they can get the exact same nubuck, tumbled leather, patent leather, sock liner materials, outsole/midsole materials, all the expensive stuff...but they're just gonna FAIL MISERABLY when it comes to shoe paper? Box materials? Okay....sounds legit hahahaha.

Even authentic boxes aren't made in the same facilities as the sneakers.

Materials get sourced because the contractors in charge of the sneaker factories have direct access to the materials and sub-contractors who provide the materials. Packaging for most products is almost always handled by a separate contractor in a separate facility.

Last edited:
The boxes can be straight up comical at times :lol:

Making up their own accessories and stuff :lol:

Materials get sourced because the contractors in charge of the sneaker factories have direct access to the materials and sub-contractors who provide the materials. Packaging for most products is almost always handled by a separate contractor in a separate facility.

yes thats known

still doesnt tell us why both the shoes and box are different if people are saying they are direct from nike...

Example of fake box.  There are many more, this is just one.

The more elaborate a box is, the less likely they'll put the effort into the fake.
I learned another possible tell from this video.

When he compared the the striped ribs near the collar and top eyelets, the authentic pair was very nice and pronounced, while the GM/fakes weren't as nicely defined. Kinda "mushy" or whatever. I'll remember to keep an eye out for that difference when we see grey market sport blue 6 photos of actual purchased pairs. Maybe it's something common on GM 6's.

Yes, I understand that, but it doesn't change what I said about it being easier to counterfeit/replicate. 

yes thats known

still doesnt tell us why both the shoes and box are different if people are saying they are direct from nike...
Didn't realize you had just said that. I made almost the same post right after.

That is the case, actually. Nothing "comes from Nike". As has been previously proven and reiterated numerous times in this and the last thread, Nike contracts the work out to the factories. Why are you guys so dense? Nike knows that these shoes are coming from the same factories. Its just like How Icee Fresh contracts their jewelry work to manufacturers in LA and Hong Kong. They take the gold and diamonds to the shops, they make the pieces, Icee Fresh puts their logo on it and marks the price up. What is so special about Nikes materials that makes you think the shoes can't be replicated exactly?
Because it's the case. The shoes are being replicated poorly, with different materials, shapes, and boxes. They are spending less money producing the shoes, and it shows...laughably.

Last edited:

Yes, I understand that, but it doesn't change what I said about it being easier to counterfeit/replicate. 

It's not necessarily easier for them to replicate packaging because the counterfeiters don't have access to the same paints, inks, printing, embossing and lamination processes that the authentic use but they do have direct access to the materials the authentic are made out of.

naw the term GM started when people thought these were coming from nike just illegally through the back door. THATS NOT THE CASE THO!!

these arent from nike, they arent made by nike, they have no way shape or form have any affiliation with nike. the shoes are fake. If you dont think they are then you know nothing about shoes.

That is the case, actually. Nothing "comes from Nike". As has been previously proven and reiterated numerous times in this and the last thread, Nike contracts the work out to the factories. Why are you guys so dense? Nike knows that these shoes are coming from the same factories. Its just like How Icee Fresh contracts their jewelry work to manufacturers in LA and Hong Kong. They take the gold and diamonds to the shops, they make the pieces, Icee Fresh puts their logo on it and marks the price up. What is so special about Nikes materials that makes you think the shoes can't be replicated exactly?

but but but

then why arent the shoes the same...? to be honest same factory or not it means nothing. they arent being made in the same area or materials. the shoes are CRAP compared to the real shoes. UTTER, COMPLETE, CRAP

i understand that completley

but the shoes are the same

the "nike" shoes and the ones being sold by these china, IG, twitter dudes.

Embed please, if im right nike actually didnt use real carbon fiber on the concords but some sort of substitute, i thought i read that on Sneakernews

Youre right and obviously know what you're talking about. Some of these dudes wont ever accept it because their identities are based on being shoe wizards or "sneakerheads" and it kills them that someone can get the same exact thing that they have for cheaper or easier. I have seen fake timepieces that fooled experienced watch dealers. Fake stainless steel or gold watches with near identical complications as 30 thousand dollar pieces. Yet cats don't believe that some leather, plastic and glue can be replicated? I know of groups in Atlanta and New York who return grey market kicks to Footlocker and Finishline for refunds, so if u live in either of those places, you might have already unwittingly purchased some greys.
You still aren't addressing why the shoes look so different.

And yet Ninja posted a pair of real kicks as grey markets and all you shoe geniuses could supposedly tell the difference. Lol.

Meh, you still haven't proved your "sources" and then back tracked and said you know they're fake and are against them. Sooo...... What is it?

So same factory means absolutely nothing :rofl:

And yet Ninja posted a pair of real kicks as grey markets and all you shoe geniuses could supposedly tell the difference. Lol.

how is there no difference? i dont even remember that thread or the issue nor do i care.

i dont care about in picture, im talking about in person which you keep ignoring. EVERY pair i saw in person was nothing like the real deal. In pictures could they fool people? HELL YES! BUT in person, they can still fool a good amount of people but if you know your kicks, you arent falling for em. trust me

@JCChambers  with no proof to backup his claims, we're just supposed to believe him when in the last thread he knew nothing but what ninjahood spoonfed him.

But yea I know your too cool to prove to internet sneakerheads that the shoes you bought were so good that nobody can tell they're fake.

how is there no difference? i dont even remember that thread or the issue nor do i care.

i dont care about in picture, im talking about in person which you keep ignoring. EVERY pair i saw in person was nothing like the real deal. In pictures could they fool people? HELL YES! BUT in person, they can still fool a good amount of people but if you know your kicks, you arent falling for em. trust me
This is true. My last pick up were the Concord 11 lows. I initially passed on release date. Later on I decided I wanted a pair. I found a seller on Ebay that had some pics that were kind of inconclusive. Lucky for me he was close enough to arrange a meetup.

Upon seeing them in person, it was a whole new story. The shoes were 100% authentic. The sole looked a little milky in pics, but once I got them in hand and saw them in daylight, I was able to see the patent leather barely thru the toecap, and it looked a lot less milky overall. 

You can sometimes fool people in videos and pics, but in hand it's completely different. Especially if you have an authentic pair to compare side by side. Same materials but they look completely different? Naaaaaah.

Back
Top Bottom