GREY MARKET DISCUSSION THREAD VOL. 2!!! (LET'S KEEP THE DISCUSSION MATURE) RULES ON PG 1 PLEASE READ

Nah Zyzz you're crazy. That EP looks fine and we can't tell the difference. Yeaaaaaaaah riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Yaw still arguing over this. I left cop some yambs, went to the mall then to the bar got buzzed left bar got some grub came home and played ghost and the same people still arguing in this thread over overpriced $300 shoes..

Something ain't right

Yaw still arguing over this. I left cop some yambs, went to the mall then to the bar got buzzed left bar got some grub came home and played ghost and the same people still arguing in this thread over overpriced $300 shoes..

Something ain't right
I thought you were on a private jet to china.

Reported.
No one cares breh. Plus I didnt personally attack you. I didn't call you any names, or state any personal opinions towards you. Just merely stated what goes on daily in the forum. LOLOL

Last edited:
No one cares breh. Plus I didnt personally attack you. Just merely stated what goes on daily in the forum. LOLOL

We will let meth decide that

And this forum ran away every successfull person and people that had money. I'm here to stay

Something ain't right

GM xbox? :nerd:

Something ain't right

GM xbox? :nerd:
So you solicited prostitution and got the eggsbox juan, bruh is obviously winning at life

See what I mean? 
laugh.gif

[QUOTE url="/t/602469/grey-market-discussion-thread-vol-2-lets-keep-the-discussion-mature-rules-on-pg-1-please-read-before/780_60#post_21330347"]
OriI said. said inally Posted by jbc908 

So you solicited prstitution and got the eggsbox juan, bruh is obviously winning at life
Huh? when iI said copped, i was meaning got
[/quote] Just make like a branch and leave, you are weird

I'm assuming once they have arrived at a "finished and approved shoe" then they begin to fill their order from Nike, for NIKE.
If the shoe isn't to NIkes liking until a short period of time before the actual RD, then you would have a lot more early release pairs that differ from the actual Retail RD pair that eventually hits the market

You assume wrong - and even if it was right there wouldn't be full size runs available - just a few test pairs.

Someone's already explained it but when manufacturing anything you're given the specs and produce some to prove you can do it then you start proper production.

I'm assuming once they have arrived at a "finished and approved shoe" then they begin to fill their order from Nike, for NIKE.
If the shoe isn't to NIkes liking until a short period of time before the actual RD, then you would have a lot more early release pairs that differ from the actual Retail RD pair that eventually hits the market

You assume wrong - and even if it was right there wouldn't be full size runs available - just a few test pairs.

Someone's already explained it but when manufacturing anything you're given the specs and produce some to prove you can do it then you start proper production.

Lol, I hate to be telling you that you're wrong too, but if IM wrong, then you're wrong.
Everything you just said, I said, in my post.

You'll have to school someone else, because what you just said, I already know, it said it 4-5 times in the video I posted along with my post that you are telling me is wrong.

Simply put though, if I'm wrong, you're wrong, because we said the same thing.

Edit: I can't wait to hear this

Last edited:
Can you show me some examples ? I cant imagine they're too much worse than difference in some of my authentic pairs :lol:
See above post of 88 3s. Show me a retail pair with EP like that.

Can you show me some examples ? I cant imagine they're too much worse than difference in some of my authentic pairs :lol:
See above post of 88 3s. Show me a retail pair with EP like that.

Here is another. This is typical:

View media item 1122916

That EP look anything like what you know about retail pairs?

And the other pair again:

View media item 1122929

I'm not up to date on what Elephant print looks like on current releases but here are some pics of a few different pairs of 2003 Cements with drastically different print.

Here you can see one pair has nice thin print, while the other is much thicker.
DSC03058.jpg

DSC03060.jpg

DSC03063.jpg

The print is somewhat faded due to the poor condition of the shoes but on this pair one shoe has thick print while the other has thin print.
DSC03069.jpg

bro

do you understand that GM pairs and Authentic pairs arent the same? who keeps telling you the shoes are the same?

When I say grey market, this is what I am referring to. Shoes made in the same factories but without Nike's authorization. I have states as much numerous times in this thread. Im talking about the Air Randy, Marquee Sole, etc early releases.

I agree with most of what you are saying throughout this thread. It seems like you are one of the only people in here with some knowledge of Chinese manufacturing processes and their hijinks... not just a "sneaker head" with sneaker knowledge.

That said, I don't think the majority of shoes in question are being made in the same factories. In fact, I know they aren't. Most shady contractors take materials they have access to elsewhere and outsource production using slightly different (less expensive) construction methods. This accounts for things like the difference in the way insoles are glued. The GMs I've seen all had sloppy hand glued insoles as opposed to the machine glued diagonal lines found on authentics. It also accounts for shoes with deflated Air-Sole units. ie: they have easy access to the raw Air-Sole units, but don't expend the time or effort to fill them with nitrogen.

Boldness of Elephant Print on authentics has varied DRASTICALLY from pair to pair since 2001. I've even seen many pairs with mismatched elephant print. '94 IIIs were the last generation that had consistently thin print.
This is true, but the ultra BOLD hilarious EP we've seen on GMs over the last year have NEVER been seen on any retail pair. Joints looked painted on. 

This is true, that's why I said that it is a crapshoot. The majority of the kix out there are terribly produced. I don't really consider those grey market tho.Even the actual grey markets made in the same factories as the Nikes are often manufactured poorly. It is hit or miss and often the suppliers will get both and you never know what you are getting.But there are perfect greys out there that are often sold as legit pairs. Aside from Mr. Ewing, I know someone else who just returned from China on a tour of some factories and hipped me to some of this game, but he doesn't post here so it is irrelevant.

Well, I would consider shoes made by the same people, in the same facilities as authentics "third shift" and those made elsewhere "Grey Markets". We really need an official naming process for these different variations of the production process. :lol: Seems like everyone is calling them something different.

Last edited:
I wasn't going to address the first part of your post about "their wouldn't be full size runs available" because I just really hoped you'd give me more credit than to think I assumed the factory with the Nike Contract is the only factory who can produce GMs, but you didn't, you assumed (based on your post) that I thought the factory with the contract is the only one building Reps or GMs,so I'll clear my post up so that it's elementary.
This time let me give a scenario, so we are on the same page, and then you can tell me I'm wrong if you still feel that way.

Factory A gets specs,
Factory A starts building said shoe
Nike starts approving likes and dislikes
Factory A removes dislikes, adds likes
This process is repeated until Weeks or Months later Factory A has a shoe Nike has approved.

(In the meantime)Sites selling replicas are still doing business, and selling shoes based of previously released models and/or declined models of upcoming shoes that Factory A had made but NIKE declined", nobody knows what the RD shoe looks like yet, but based on previous releases, or current LEAKS, they have a similar idea, and are building reps on that knowledge alone.

This is a scenario that anyone who has common sense can understand.

I don't need to be a "sneakerhead" to understand that a company that sells replicas, is not producing a "like shoe" until they have an "approved shoe" to copy. If they don't get this info until 2weeks before release day, you are going to have a lot more "GMs" that were built that aren't anywhere close to correct.

No one cares breh. Plus I didnt personally attack you. Just merely stated what goes on daily in the forum. LOLOL

We will let meth decide that

And this forum ran away every successfull person and people that had money. I'm here to stay

You aren't successful or have money tho...

Yet you still copped a USED v6 challenger and told everyone it was a v8

Just stop already.

Back
Top Bottom