GSWARRIORS THREAD VOL. ANDDD AGAINNNN NBA CHAMPIONS

Call me stupid but I still have hope guys :lol:

Regardless - to no surprise this team has issues. not from a lack of talent, but guys just ain’t all in. Steph having to call the team out in Round 1 to buy in was great and all - but shouldn’t have been necessary to do. JP still complaining about minutes - bro, what?! its playoffs. Keep that minutes BS for the regular season. And when you do get them minutes, earn that **** back. Kaminga was complaining about minutes too.

I hope them dudes took notes from Lonnie Walker last night.

Even with all that, they were still in line to win last night. Timely mistakes cost them again (we’ve seen it a few times these playoffs). We are all use to the turnovers, but Steph calling a TO when he had none. Dray running the play on automatic motion even though the defenders are in the passing lane. The decision making on timely shots have been hit/miss and thats Steph/Klay/JP.

The good thing is those things are correctable, but they dont have room for error no more.

Call me stupid but I still have hope guys :lol:

Regardless - to no surprise this team has issues. not from a lack of talent, but guys just ain’t all in. Steph having to call the team out in Round 1 to buy in was great and all - but shouldn’t have been necessary to do. JP still complaining about minutes - bro, what?! its playoffs. Keep that minutes BS for the regular season. And when you do get them minutes, earn that **** back. Kaminga was complaining about minutes too.

I hope them dudes took notes from Lonnie Walker last night.

Even with all that, they were still in line to win last night. Timely mistakes cost them again (we’ve seen it a few times these playoffs). We are all use to the turnovers, but Steph calling a TO when he had none. Dray running the play on automatic motion even though the defenders are in the passing lane. The decision making on timely shots have been hit/miss and thats Steph/Klay/JP.

The good thing is those things are correctable, but they dont have room for error no more.
It isn't over until it's officially over.

The bench is a non-factor. Poole is lost in his feelings at this point. Kuminga as well. Their bench production has been a constant issue from the start of the season and it's a shame that this was the bench that was put together AFTER winning the chip. Either Lacob needs to wake up and realize this success will not be sustainable by being cheap in not extending Myers to a new deal. If Myers doesn't return, the era is over sooner than later.

My thing is these games have been winnable. But the turnovers, stupid shot selection (Klay) and inconsistencies in pushing the tempo on offense is just frustrating. Why didn't GP get more PT in the 4th? Could've made the switch when Lonnie Walker became possessed by the ghost of Eddie Jones.

Let's see how they respond. But if they lose, then so be it. All I know is that this season was a waste. From Lacob to Myers to Kerr. They need to look and see what needs to be fixed.

Kind of bummed that Wiggins has a rib fracture. Really wonder if he'll play at all. What I do hope is that Poole continues to improve his play and maybe Kuminga could be used to run the floor.

Warriors in 7!

:emoji_fearful: maybe we can get a win without Wigs but the odds are stacked against us .Hope we win

Last edited:
horrible night man. never easy to see a season end, but this one is weird because offensively they appeared to be having good shots. just couldn’t hit them.

offseason is gonna be interesting. starting at the top with Bob Myers.

horrible night man. never easy to see a season end, but this one is weird because offensively they appeared to be having good shots. just couldn’t hit them.

offseason is gonna be interesting. starting at the top with Bob Myers.
Yeah, some big changes are definitely coming for the off-season. I expect Kuminga to improve, Moody looks like he's on the right path, and Looney is our solidified rebound machine. But alot of questions going into the offseason. In any case, I'll still be here cheering them on.

Still #goldblooded.

but like you guys said, lots of changes in the off season. This was a good wake-up call- i think the defense will be locked in next year.

do you think Dray stays or goes? and man, we can't even give Poole away now... SMH.

Now that I've had a few hours to chill out on it and seeing some of the comments from Kerr about this team - it just kinda reiterates some of the comments we've been making in here over the last few weeks. The bench simply wasn't good enough. Jordan Poole hitting the worse slump possible didn't help either. Klay hitting a slump as well and missing shots he would normally hit was shocking/surprising...

No excuses, just laying it out for what it is. Not shocked that they got eliminated, because with all the **** thats happened this season. I suppose Kerr saying that this team maxed out may actually be true but that makes me feels like it's encouraging and also disappointing all at the same time.

Even with all that, they still made it to game 6 of western conference semi-finals. could argue that this particular team may have actually overachieved.

anywho, we move onward. Dray/Klay are saying the right things about wanting to come back. Reports are the Dubs may want to ask Klay to take a paycut...we'll see how bad he wants to stay. Personally, I hope he does take a paycut to help fill out the rest of the team, but I'm not gonna be mad if he decides to take the money elsewhere.

I had to detox from social media immediately after the game. I wasn't going to allow this loss to ruin my mood in celebrating my wife on Mother's Day weekend. Anyway, some thoughts that I have been thinking about since they lost:

- Kerr and FO need to get on the same page in understanding how they want this roster to be built out for next season. All the reports of a disconnect between the two sides is ridiculous to hear, especially after winning the championship. Curry is playing at a phenomenal level and that was the bench you supported him with?
  1. JP has to improve his overall game. Especially his defense and his shot selection. His defense in the postseason, particularly during the 2nd round was HIDEOUS. To become unplayable during playoff games is a bad look. During his post conference he kept referring to his faith and his support system to keep moving forward. Boy, in Jesus name, I hope you understand that you need put in the work to be an effective player.
  2. DiVincenzo was a solid pick up. I would be shocked if he returned and didn't exercise his player option.
  3. GPII has to get healthy.
  4. Anthony Lamb needs to go. All the rape allegations that came out was not a good look. No matter how many people from the Warriors FO spoke on it. Also upsetting that he got plenty of minutes OVER Moody and Kuminga. I want to believe that Moody would have been even better this postseason if he was played in the second half leading up to the postseason.
  5. JeMychal Green is gone. He was a bust.
  6. JK needs to grow up as well too. The timing of that article during the postseason was stupid and a distraction. Now his camp is putting out the news he wants to understand what his role for next season will or else he would prefer to play somewhere to get more PT. Dude, you are still on your rookie deal and your immaturity and inconsistencies on defense and rebounding got you in the position that you're in.
  7. Baldwin and Rollins need to get PT. I want them to become key rotation players.
  8. Ty Jerome was nice backup PG for Steph. I think he'll be around this offseason and during camp.
- Kerr needs to re-evaluate his coaching staff and put an emphasis on developing the young guys. Simple as that.
- Klay should consider taking less because he was inconsistent all season long. His defense was bad too. Will he take actually be ready for the start of the regular season or will there be another delay for him?
- I am indifferent with Draymond. He can be locked in and be that key player the warriors need to ensure the win or he can be the emotional, uninterested player that hinders the Warriors from a win. I would be happy to move on from Draymond ONLY if there was a player that was ready to take on that role (Moody), but Kerr doesn't develop players so he'll probably be back on a new deal. IMO, I think he leaves and goes wherever he can suck LeBron 24/7.
- Bob Myers should have every right to leave for a new opportunity. An opportunity that would pay him as one of the top GMs of this league. If Lacob is planning on saving money by letting Myers walk and selecting his son Kirk, and/or Mike Dunleavy to become the next GM...Oh boy. Idk how that will sit with Steph.
- Warriors need a big man that understands his role and can compliment Kevon Looney in the post.

A lot of changes will be happening this offseason. Let's see what unfolds.

The team is bound to take a step back at some point with the Klay/Dray contracts and decisions, wouldn't be surprised if they let Dunleavy take the blame and then bring in Kirk to save the day

The team is bound to take a step back at some point with the Klay/Dray contracts and decisions, wouldn't be surprised if they let Dunleavy take the blame and then bring in Kirk to save the day
damn that's a great conspiracy theory.....

iggy is a dam front runner. waste of a roster spot tbh

gonna be interesting to see what he transitions to after he retires. i don’t imagine he comes back to the dubs next season because i’m sure lacob is looking to trim the fat for that payroll. i recall reports saying that he is a mentor to younger dubs, but is lacob trynna pay that much for “mentorship?” might as bring him on to player development like shaun and leandro

Back
Top Bottom