GSWARRIORS THREAD VOL. ANDDD AGAINNNN NBA CHAMPIONS

There is nothing like watching this version of the Warriors. KDs most amazing achievement of his career was making people forget how absolutely generationally good Steph is and how beautiful basketball can be. A team that is liquid goo like this and runs continuous action is so impossible to defend for 48 minutes. They’ll miss shots and have some bad plays here and there but it’s like Thanos level inevitably that it’ll regress to the mean of getting caught. The effort involved in shutting down an offense like this is simply not sustainable.

And now they’re locked in even more so on the defensive side of the ball and are flying around getting teams to take tough contested shots. The only really tough challenge is going to be a team like Utah with a true monster sized mobile lanky big man that is going to get a lot of easy buckets in the paint. Hopefully Wiseman is learning speed of the game and how important it is to not be a ball stopper etc. Well need him in spots this year to be the giant goon on the court.

Winnable game last night. Noticed Kerr tried to have a more 'defensive' lineup to close out the game, but it didn't work. It's alright to try it out, but that was a winnable game.

I was saying how Draymond's athleticism was improved when he drove to the hole and dunked....But moments later couldn't jump quick enough on the jumpball lmao

Can't believe dray didn't get that tip off lol. He's got acceleration hops, not vertical leaping lol.

Definitely winnable. I thought for sure they'd pull it out. Even with the poor 3pt shooting. Just seemed like they'd vet them down. Oh well. They'll beat Brooklyn by 10+. No defense over there at all. Curry probably hitting 10 3s

it was definitely a bunk jump ball.

its exciting to see valuable minutes from the rook. you can tell the upgraded staff is making a difference. Kuminga has a confidence out there.

I get that Steve wanted a defensive unit out there to end it, but I think they could of made do with one additional shooter. This is where Klay really punished teams in the past. Spacing felt off to end it as well. Floor really shrunk for Steph.

Can't win them all I guess lol. But the two L's were definitely winnable. Would love to start seeing them close out these close down to the wire games and find a line up to dominate those moments.

kuminga had another nice game…im hoping kuminga turns out better than jordan bell. he definately seems more fluid and explosive…

kuminga/wiseman/poole at the same time is gonna be fun to watch…its gonna be super fast/athletic

i like that kerr went w the vet lineup to close it out, it just didnt work out our way…it wasnt bc of the lineup tho…dubs missed hella 3’s all game

I know the season is still early. But the way this team is playing, I really believe they are legit. I don't understand how people still think this start is a fluke.

it’s wild how folks let their hate for the warriors cloud their rationality. this team has reverted back to strength in numbers. the second unit extended the lead vs brooklyn while steph and wiggs were sitting and essentially iced the game.. what the **** universe are we living in?? :pimp::pimp:

let them sleep tho

GPII really giving a unique dimension out there. Definition of being a “star in your role”. He’s bought in, and you see the impact.

He legit steadies the defense and puts ball pressure and gets deflections plus tires out perimeter guys…as soon as he gets in the game. In a real way. Not in a Pat Bev esque way.

And his cutting, awareness and general iq on offense is off the charts. The fact that he’s a vertical lob threat at 6’2 in the dunker spot allows him to hide and be sneaky….but his dives and baseline cuts are just as special too.

Enjoy how quick he makes decisions to. It’s a reason his Plus/minus is so high. Shorty legit does all the little things you need to win.

Bench in solid shape.I like how they can decide what wing off the bench to go to, depending on matchup. There are some games where JTA stepped up. Iggy stepped up. And slowly, Kuminga stepping into that too.

I think he’s finding out that, the way to impact and get yourself in the rotation is to do these things when your number is called.

Hope it continues. This team is a joy to watch play basketball. Still not on the wiseman train tho. I just don’t see it with this timeline :lol:

man....I'm just trying my best not to get ahead of myself. but man oh man just feels good to see these boys winning again.

majority of all my friends are anti-GSW and Curry haters, so seeing the mental gymnastics they have been pulling to still downplay the team has been fun so far. but this last W has them pretty quiet and I love it.

Back
Top Bottom