Guardians of the Galaxy (Film) - 8/1/14 - Starring Chris Pratt, Dave Bautista, Zoe Saldana, Benic

Marvel is flourishing beyond life. Never expected this a year ago when I first head about this movie dropping

Not to mention it opens in 3 more markets today and one more market the week a week. THIS STILL AINT INCLUDING CHINA, THE SECOND BIGGEST BOX OFFICE!

Wouldnt be surprised if it finishes at 750M

Last edited:
Does anyone know the production cost for this movie? Seem like it was a lot compared to other marvel films. Looks like they farmed out to a lot of other studios.

Am I the only ne who gets teary eye at the end of Marvel movies?

My dude, I teared up within the first 2 minutes of this movie :wow:

But yeah, when Cap crashed at the end of TFA, Thor destroying the bi-frost, Bucky/Cap in TWS, and so may parts in this movie.

Last edited:
It was great that they added the Baby Groot after the movie came out.  Probably going to wait for a discount code to buy this .  Preordered the Star Lord exclusive with Orb 
smokin.gif

Does anyone know the production cost for this movie? Seem like it was a lot compared to other marvel films. Looks like they farmed out to a lot of other studios.

$170m last I checked. Not as bad as I expected for such a cgi heavy film.

Yea, I remember thinking that it was crazy for a budget to be that low. Maybe a budget for a planet hulk movie might not be that out of this world

Gamora's going up for PO today, you gonna get her & Drax?
Going to wait on Gamora and Drax (that's if they don't have any exclusives).  Heard a rumor HT might come out with a 5-pack set of them in either prison or guardians outfit (or maybe both for a DX set 
eek.gif
)  After 5 years of buying from HT, I will definitely wait unless, again, it comes with an exclusive.  Was pretty pissed they re-released the Bank Robber Joker since I had v1.0, and all these IM's HT is pumping out.

Were you the one that posted all those HT Batman's on some thread I saw 
nerd.gif

Last edited:

Going to wait on Gamora and Drax (that's if they don't have any exclusives).  Heard a rumor HT might come out with a 5-pack set of them in either prison or guardians outfit (or maybe both for a DX set :wow: )  After 5 years of buying from HT, I will definitely wait unless, again, it comes with an exclusive.  Was pretty pissed they re-released the Bank Robber Joker since I had v1.0, and all these IM's HT is pumping out.

Were you the one that posted all those HT Batman's on some thread I saw :nerd:

Yeah, I was good with SL and Rocket/Groot and wasn't planning on getting Gamora or Drax either...at the moment.

And yeah, threw up a pic in the Batman 75th Anni thread of the ones I had. Do you know there's a toy thread? :D

Last edited:
Yeah, I was good with SL and Rocket/Groot and wasn't planning on getting Gamora or Drax either...at the moment.

And yeah, threw up a pic in the Batman 75th Anni thread of the ones I had. Do you know there's a toy thread?
happy.gif
That was it!  Major props for that collection 
nthat.gif

Did not know there was a toy thread - always wanted to start a HT or just a 'Nerd/Geek' thread in General since the comics and toys thread rarely get updated, so why not merge them, but I'm going to search the toy thread & post there now 
happy.gif

And yeah, threw up a pic in the Batman 75th Anni thread of the ones I had. Do you know there's a toy thread?:D

That was it!  Major props for that collection :nthat:

Did not know there was a toy thread - always wanted to start a HT or just a 'Nerd/Geek' thread in General since the comics and toys thread rarely get updated, so why not merge them, but I'm going to search the toy thread & post there now :D   

Thanks, and here you go, just in case

http://niketalk.com/t/4826/post-your-toys-vol-1

But yeah, when Cap crashed at the end of TFA, Thor destroying the bi-frost, Bucky/Cap in TWS, and so may parts in this movie.

cool im not alone

btw that was me who just spammed the hell out of your IG, sorry

Last edited:

cool im not alone

btw that was me who just spammed the hell out of your IG, sorry

thanks, much appreciated. I actually thought it was King Midas above :lol:

I always wanted to get into Hot Toys, I just don't have a place to display them, feels I'll need a whole room all to itself once I get the hobby going.

Where could I see pic of ya'll collections?

Not to derail the thread but Hot Toys makes some detailed figures. But I've been trying to get the SH figurarts MMPR figures for the early beginnings of my man cave. jaypesoz jaypesoz has the whole set :wow:

...ok back to the thread. I wonder if Guardians had some deleted scenes. The movie felt like it was missing some stuff

Gunn already said they had 10-15 minutes of deleted scenes.

Like from the trailers where Gamora was naked with her back turned, they completely cut that out of the film. There was also where Gamora and Nebula were running toward each other and they almost come head to head, didn't see that in the film either.

I always wanted to get into Hot Toys, I just don't have a place to display them, feels I'll need a whole room all to itself once I get the hobby going.

Where could I see pic of ya'll collections?

Yeah, I have an extra room with my display cases, which I know has it days numbered because the wife wants kids :lol: I try to sprinkle stuff in my collection on my IG, in my sig, but I try to mix it up. Worst case scenario, it reminds me where my money goes :lol:

Not to derail the thread but Hot Toys makes some detailed figures. But I've been trying to get the SH figurarts MMPR figures for the early beginnings of my man cave. jaypesoz jaypesoz has the whole set :wow:

...ok back to the thread. I wonder if Guardians had some deleted scenes. The movie felt like it was missing some stuff

Gunn already said they had 10-15 minutes of deleted scenes.

Like from the trailers where Gamora was naked with her back turned, they completely cut that out of the film. There was also where Gamora and Nebula were running toward each other and they almost come head to head, didn't see that in the film either.

Thanks and yeah, there's definitely scenes that looked like there should've been more to them and judging by all of MCU's blurays, there's gonna be a few deleted/extended scenes and I can't wait. I also thought they cut out Drax being introduced by Shake n' Bake.

Last edited:
God this movie was ******* awesome! Aside from a few corny jokes, this movie was really flawless to me. Haven't enjoyed a movie that much in quite some time.

And that soundtrack, goodness!!!!! Has there been one that good in the last 10 years? Perfect.

Last edited:
God this movie was ******* awesome! Aside from a few corny jokes, this movie was really flawless to me. Haven't enjoyed a movie that much in quite some time.

And that soundtrack, goodness!!!!! Has there been one that good in the last 10 years? Perfect.
The soundtrack is #1 right now

Last edited:

Man this film is solid. Only negative is the execution of Ronan. Don't see why they got Lee Pace for that role. It seemed so minor. Which is a shame, cuz dude had the balls to disrespect Thanos. A little more screentime, and this film would've been close to perfect. We need longer cbm's bros. Lets start a useless petition!!
I agree that Ronan wasn't used in an effective manner. For as good as the movie is, Ronan just wasn't very impressive. The shine they gave Merle/Yondu should have went to Ronan, and save the Yondu display for the 2nd movie since he's inevitably going to be in it.

Back
Top Bottom