Happy 15th Niketalk!

Crazy. This Kicks magazine is the reason why I came here in 2001. The editor's section that Meth referred had the original ezboard url. I copied that on a piece of paper and took it to my local library's computer the same day. The rest was history..View media item 1299622

This is what bought me here, I was just looking at that magazine the other day. Lurked for a while and joined a few years later. This website has provided YEARS of laughs and GREAT information. But, the all-time funniest thread has to be the Boozer black ice thread. Some people in the thread said they tweeted it to TNT, to bring up on Inside the NBA, I was hoping so much that they would talk about, even though Shaq kept hinting around it.

A few things:

-A member giving the info that NikeTown Australia had the Space Jam's, Concords, and Black/Red 6's for retail. I remember being late for a summer league game to call when the store opened. And then what wasn't sold he got back online and gave an update of what was left.

-Being able to preorder Jordans via Eastbay. Never had to worry about release dates, whatever you wanted and how many you wanted was always ordered has soon as someone posted the product code. Now you can't even call in on release day.

-The hype around the black/red 11's (first retro) that it had their own dedicated forum. As Meth called it, a table to put the kids at Thanksgiving so the adults could eat in peace.

-Meth was going in on a thread one day, banning folks left and right -- he finally said, I bought my number 2 pencil today anybody else want to test me? It was probably one of the funniest things I have seen on here along with the Boozer thread.

-The Malace at the Palace was another memorable night as well. Laughs were nonstop when talking about how Jermaine O'Neal did the sliding punch.

- The thread about Fat Joe going to jail for taxes and the first reply was "Lien Back". Possibly the most repped post ever...

I could go on and on but this place keeps me in tune with the younger crowd when we are through hooping and just chopping it up. Would be totally lost if it wasn't for NT

Last edited:
Crazy I've been on here for so long. HBD NT. Sometimes I forget I've been on here since teen years

Will never forget the Smushcalade saga, Ben Baller roasting threads, gold st capital scam, post your pic threads, the ISS beef, those late night chat sessions that got invaded by NT, yuku... :rofl:

Last edited:
I dont remember what year i signed up. I was on boxden, holla front, uptowns.net and even a bit of eye es es. I had been lurking for a couple of months cause i remember we had to sign up but they would only accept members on a certain date of the month lol. It was wack when i wanted to say something but didnt have an account so decided to just sign up and wait. Markybwoy was my first sn. I was the dude who flipped the pharrell pic. I wish i could go back and see old posts. There are some but not all. Then i got banned for a pic i didnt intend to post and made mycoldyourdone. One funny thing i remember doing was i made my profile the yuku banned page from html and css. That was jokes. That was a long time ago. Thanks for the laughs bros, even if i dont know you at all, nt was a place we went to fill in that new era feeling of looking for instant gratification/entertainment the internet. Im sorry i have replaced you with other things but its always great to revisit from time to time.

It's wonderful to see so many of NT's living legends on here to help us celebrate - especially those we haven't seen in awhile.  It really brings back a lot of increasingly old memories from our early years.  

I have the utmost respect for nearly all of our staff members, but recent additions deserve particular credit for their bravery in that they more or less knew what they were getting into.  

When Nelson C first asked if I'd be interested in helping him maintain the site, I agreed instantly - without applying any forethought whatsoever.  I committed myself to it fully from that day forth.  

I didn't stop to think about the potential impact on my life - that the responsibilities it entailed would not subside or wait patiently if I felt sick, broke a bone, mourned the loss of a family member, had a thesis to write, or a full day of travel scheduled.  

The beauty and peril of adolescence is that we lack the future-time orientation and the experience to prudently generate a list of reasons to forego attempting something daring or ambitious.  

Of course I would help my friend with this website.  The NikeTalk concept deserved to exist.  What else was there to think about? 

It was simply a matter of doing the best you could each day, every day, to better the community...  for 5,479 consecutive days and counting. 

We truly poured our hearts and souls into this, and I think that helped it resonate in a way that previous attempts at sneaker message boards did not.  Once the truest and most knowledgeable sneaker heads began to feel at home, the rest was history - but reaching that point wasn't easy.  

People forget that, in the early days, guys like NC, krvanch, nikeville, and myself had to post far more frequently than we did after the site's population began to take off.  For awhile there, we were among NikeTalk's leading posters because that's what the community needed.  Rule violations were more scarce, so the top priority was simply ensuring that those who chose to contribute to the site were welcomed into the fold and that their threads were well attended and successful.  We were the hosts of the party, in a sense.  

To that end, we used to host live chats on Sunday evenings, just to help encourage a sense of camaraderie.  Today, a new user joining NikeTalk walks in to an established ecosystem.  There are existing friendships, it's easy to find subjects of common interest, and there's an apparent order that emerges from the chaos.

In the early days, only a few of us were familiar with each other.  A foundation had to be established, atop which an iterative structure could be built.

Here's something you definitely won't see anywhere else:  a compilation of statistics from several months of "NikeChats."  

Channel stats for #NikeChat - created by Method Man

Statistics generated from Tuesday 2/8/2000 to Thursday 9/21/2000
During this 227-day reporting period a total of 261 persons visited the channel #NikeChat
Most active nicks:
(Nicks sorted by number of lines written)
[table][tr][td]  [/td][td]Nick[/td][td]Number of Lines[/td][td]Random Quote[/td][/tr][tr][td]1[/td][td]MethodMan[/td][td]  6226[/td][td]"bird's leaving and the team will rebuild"[/td][/tr][tr][td]2[/td][td]@Nikeville[/td][td]  3911[/td][td]"just hit the eastside of the lbc"[/td][/tr][tr][td]3[/td][td]@NC[/td][td]  3853[/td][td]"answer what year is your 160 hp V8 Camaro?"[/td][/tr][tr][td]4[/td][td]@JoeGalvan[/td][td]  3582[/td][td]"say.......when did you post that jumpman DJ pic?"[/td][/tr][tr][td]5[/td][td]TWEEK[/td][td]  3384[/td][td]"sshhhhhhhhh you'll ruin it"[/td][/tr][tr][td]6[/td][td]TheAnswer[/td][td]  3111[/td][td]"them hubacaps that look liek rims"[/td][/tr][tr][td]7[/td][td]HOOPSboy[/td][td]  1357[/td][td]"the Camp 23s look nice. it's just 1 person disses em, and then yall ..."[/td][/tr][tr][td]8[/td][td]@krvanch[/td][td]  1313[/td][td]"im back into the retro punk scene again"[/td][/tr][tr][td]9[/td][td]William[/td][td]  1205[/td][td]"4how much will the shrouds cost?"[/td][/tr][tr][td]10[/td][td]Badbyzpink[/td][td]  1023[/td][td]"cleaves is like marbury without scoring"[/td][/tr][tr][td]11[/td][td]EKIN[/td][td]  921[/td][td]"july one is when its supposed to be on the retail shelf"[/td][/tr][tr][td]12[/td][td]Foam_Man[/td][td]  829[/td][td]"i do'nt really it either, turkey is too dry!"[/td][/tr][tr][td]13[/td][td]supastar[/td][td]
pipe4.gif
 794[/td][td]"none right now, just bought a whole bunch"[/td][/tr][tr][td]14[/td][td]CSoldia[/td][td]  761[/td][td]"i had to adjust to the temp...and the snow..."[/td][/tr][tr][td]15[/td][td]nikerOG[/td][td]  728[/td][td]"i'm real big on the old school new edition joints right now"[/td][/tr][tr][td]16[/td][td]mcsping[/td][td]  714[/td][td]"i hate the retros that aren't the same as any original model"[/td][/tr][tr][td]17[/td][td]ijapino[/td][td]  664[/td][td]"funniest **** too!...hehad on the Laneys and some black shoe"[/td][/tr][tr][td]18[/td][td]djmrsulu[/td][td]  600[/td][td]"Yeah, barking like a little *****."[/td][/tr][tr][td]19[/td][td]PIMP-C[/td][td]  563[/td][td]"you need to play ball a x amount of hours per day"[/td][/tr][tr][td]20[/td][td]jua17oi32[/td][td]  548[/td][td]"so if u send the item, u get the money"[/td][/tr][tr][td]21[/td][td]Steez[/td][td]  499[/td][td]"Meth, i think they mighta changed the title"[/td][/tr][tr][td]22[/td][td]SwooshAiR[/td][td]  458[/td][td]"i like and 1 tapes they release"[/td][/tr][tr][td]23[/td][td]lastniker[/td][td]
pipe4.gif
 409[/td][td]"Anything else anyone?"[/td][/tr][tr][td]24[/td][td]flightman[/td][td]  401[/td][td]"the Masterpieces are tight"[/td][/tr][tr][td]25[/td][td]Travis[/td][td]  397[/td][td]"member John Kruk, what a sad excuse for an athlete, he was good..."[/td][/tr][tr][td]26[/td][td]Borntofly7[/td][td]  328[/td][td]"will be on the website"[/td][/tr][tr][td]27[/td][td]mrplump[/td][td]
pipe4.gif
310[/td][td]"i dont really complain about gas prices since i buy diesel, but i sure ..."[/td][/tr][tr][td]28[/td][td]weside21[/td][td]  305[/td][td]"yes in the 2 retro IV'"[/td][/tr][tr][td]29[/td][td]MakAvEli[/td][td]  300[/td][td]"HAhaah i just stick to mp3 albums man"[/td][/tr][/table]
They wrote less than 300 lines:
[table][tr][td]Away_Man (292)[/td][td]looss (287)[/td][td]g0nz0 (287)[/td][td]DC23 (286)[/td][td]romedome (283)[/td][td]foamprobo (274)[/td][/tr][tr][td]SeanPrice (258)[/td][td]SwooshAiR6453 (251)[/td][td]@Jo-Jo (247)[/td][td]Jo_Jo (221)[/td][td]PonyMan (205)[/td][td]swoop (204)[/td][/tr][tr][td]MClilbit (192)[/td][td]brikwal9 (183)[/td][td]SupraMJ2k (176)[/td][td]kingpin23 (174)[/td][td]PuertoRoc (170)[/td][td]jUa17Oi3 (168)[/td][/tr][tr][td]JJJ_away (155)[/td][td]LilPenz717 (151)[/td][td]EKIN0 (146)[/td][td]jua17oi31 (134)[/td][td]MarshallH (129)[/td][td]SwingmanX (125)[/td][/tr][tr][td]ag21 (123)[/td][td]Freedom7 (122)[/td][td]Barkley04 (120)[/td][td]LilPenz (119)[/td][td]Cornbuzzn-7 (116)[/td][td]FeetStink (107)[/td][/tr][tr][td]Gary (106)[/td][td]BLNike (104)[/td][td]nastynate (103)[/td][td]AirSupra (103)[/td][td]Bastitch (102)[/td][td]FATPAT (100)[/td][/tr][tr][td]spacejam1 (99)[/td][td]Mars_Blackmon (98)[/td][td]neckbreakin (96)[/td][td]KUYAKOY (96)[/td][td]Jumpman23 (96)[/td][td]JGdo9 (93)[/td][/tr][tr][td]nikki (92)[/td][td]Next_Phil_Knight (89)[/td][td]SP (85)[/td][td]RAM (84)[/td][td]SMN (81)[/td][td]HOOPSboy1 (81)[/td][/tr][tr][td]scrub24 (80)[/td][td]y2kory (77)[/td][td]AutobotMC (77)[/td][td]AirRev (76)[/td][td]toejamfuzz (74)[/td][td]DjAutobot (73)[/td][/tr][tr][td]crossover (73)[/td][td]KurtAngle (72)[/td][td]DMBAND3 (70)[/td][td]SwingmanXV (65)[/td][td]TurboSUPR (63)[/td][td]instant_o (62)[/td][/tr][/table]
There was also 172 nicks who mainly idled...

Five random topics
[table][tr][td]Changed by[/td][td]New topic[/td][/tr][tr][td][table][tr][td]NC[/td][/tr][/table][/td][td]"#nikechat[/td][/tr][tr][td][table][tr][td]NC[/td][/tr][/table][/td][td]"#NikeChat VC is overrated DISCUSS"[/td][/tr][tr][td][table][tr][td]NC[/td][/tr][/table][/td][td]"#NikeChat"[/td][/tr][tr][td][table][tr][td]MethodMan[/td][/tr][/table][/td][td]"#GhostTown"[/td][/tr][tr][td][table][tr][td]MethodMan[/td][/tr][/table][/td][td]"NikeChat: goin stronger than Shawn Kemp's appetite"[/td][/tr][/table]
Total number of topics during the reporting period: 96

Big Numbers
[table][tr][td]
TWEEK  couldn't decide whether to stay or go and joined #NikeChat 120 times during this reporting period..
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
MethodMan  really wanted others to know what was doing - 9 descriptions alltogether.

Sample:

[02:17] * MethodMan injects an unhealthy does of caffeine into his bloodstream
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
The evil guard of #NikeChat was MethodMan  who got this reputation after kicking out 5 persons.

Sample:

[00:13] *** HOOPSboy00 was kicked by MethodMan (MethodMan)

Also NC  tried to look cool and kicked out 4 persons..
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
MethodMan  knew those right words and said "NikeTalk"  for 43 times...
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Loudest one was DC23  with yell percentage of 21%!

Second loudest on the block: EKIN  - 12% with high volume!
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
NC  behaved badly and got deopped 3 times..
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
romedome  had many things uncertain - 41% of lines contained a question.

..and silver medal goes to Barkley04  - with question ratio of 18%.
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
NC  spoke most monologues - wrote over 5 lines in a row for 14 times..

Runner-up auto-chatter: JoeGalvan  - spoke 10 times with himself..
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Borntofly7  wrote longest lines - average of 72 letters per line.

Channel average on #NikeChat was 30 letters.
[/td][/tr][/table]
They say "never meet your heroes," but I like to think that NikeTalk's heroes are different.  

Dirtylicious was the life of the party, but he was one of the most patient and welcoming people you'd meet.  He didn't tear other people down to build himself up.  If you were new - even before he joined the staff - Dirtylicious, Mr. NikeTalk himself, would happily show you the ropes.  With all the insecure, infantile gibberish out there about the importance of being an "alpha" and asserting dominance, members like Dirty and Bastitch proved day in and day out that you could be funny and popular while being inclusive.  They were - and are - more likely to make fun of themselves than anyone else.  (After enduring thousands of crude photoshop attempts, no one is a better sport than Dirty.)

JumpmanSt (aka retrokid), ijapino, and Air Rev amassed LEGENDARY sneaker collections, but, even if you didn't know a swoosh from a stripe, they'd still treat you like a peer.  

So often, anyone who has something unique to share with the world seeks to utilize that to achieve some measure of personal fame.  Our greatest members have all given of themselves to enrich the community as a whole.  

Notice the "community chest" information in this screen?  

Back when we were ad free, we had to raise money to stay that way.  For the first few years, the fee was like $30.  Nelson C and I took turns paying it out of pocket.  Eventually, the bill became pretty steep.  Our members came together to help.

Rev is a modest guy, and won't tell you this, but he offered to personally MATCH all contributions to the chest and helped us save the community from pop-up ads.  (Yeah, POP UPS were the penalty for non-subscribers, not just display ads.) 

JumpmanSt once secured dozens of "history of air jordan" mini-posters and sent them to contributors.  Krux raffled off a pair of Air Jordan XIII lows in white/red.  

When that type of selflessness was applied to the community after we moved to an ad supported model, NikeTalk really took the next big step in its development.  

We take a lot of abuse from people who look at the name and just assume that our community is devoted to conspicuous consumption, but I will ALWAYS be proud to call this place home and count this extraordinary group of people as friends.

Great post Methodman, I was not around for the first few years. I imagine that the traffic would be measured in lines at one point. I recall seeing a screen cap from 2001 that gave the Jordan XI's their own forum. It may have even been for the Concords or the Columbias alone. In any case, thank you to Nelson C, Methodman, Dirtylicious and the other true OG's who established this wonderful site.

I have been around for the majority of this site's existence but I was not there during its crucial and formative years. I recall joining in June of 2004 and shortly thereafter, buying up a few yellow Live Strong bracelets at the Camarillo Outlets. I was such a douche back then, in the flower and flame of adolescence. I still am but I suppose that I am more polished and erudite now.

When I joined in 2004, we had more stonefaces than Easter island. In 2005, Methodman posted a giant pic of Nelson Mundz laughing at some other website when its own platform banished it. In 2006 we got one Dirty PS after another and the Fergie-Black-Eyed-Peas-NT collaboration "Dirtylicious."

At some point ,someone posted a crude, Oedipal and hilarious bit about how tonight, someone's dad will say to his son "IGFTSOYM." Ninjahood was on youtube, showing off his collection, whose value could buy a home in some parts of this Country. JoshHowardMVP showed us one summer night that he was no true MVP indeed. I met a few NTers at the 2005 SoCal summit (thank you Mr. K Town).

NT has been great to me and I hope that it has at least another 15 years and even more beyond that.

Raising a glass to all our members who make this place more than just a forum, it's home.
Hardly post anymore but I love this place.

Crazy, I remember first coming here when the XVI sketches first surfaced. Been here ever since.

Everyone involved with making this site run and what it is today ... Thank you.

:pimp:

Crazy how your decision to make this site has shaped the lives of soo many people throughout the years.

15 years to the powerful NT. Cheers. :nthat:

Happy birthday my internet brothers

I dont visit too much any more but I saw all the posts on IG

We miss you. :frown:

Sup*

He's so old he forgot where the p key was

damnit!

YO!!!!! :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: My day is complete! Honestly Dirty I cant thank you for all the laughs over the years, you were a GREAT sport in all the silly PS threads. Major Respect! Hope all is well with you these days. Hope your Rifts are holding up well aswell.

Happy Birthday NT

:wow:

Happy 15th NT...

It's been a while, but I've come away with many great memories and friends from this forum.

Peace

Again its so fantastic to see these SNs!

Now I just need
@Jumpmanst
@collie27
swoshmn swoshmn
@muscle68
@oo206oo
@k town hustler
@kEnn E
@Ocks
@OGbobbyjohnson773
@SLAM Ed
@henz0
@goldenarmz97
@whywesteppin
@neek
@DJ bana
@jae oh en
@kevin1st
@Methamphibian NYC
digitaljordan digitaljordan
@GhengesK
@theglv
@baby dill
rexanglorum rexanglorum
@Kingtre
@crisone
@zodogg34
@JoeGoblyn
@Questions03
donpoppa donpoppa
@menace5star
@Crank Lucas
+ countless others to pop in and say "Su" :lol: or "Sup" as you all have helped make NT what it was (fantastic) in my close to 11 years on here. Shoes, stories and laughs...what more could you ask for?

God knows how many more people will pop into my head today when subconsciously thinking about SNs I miss seeing. If you're lurking come out and say what's up! Its a time of celebration!

Last edited:
Niketalk is and always be a home for me... We are truly a community... There are 3 Secret Santa's going on this year... And as much as I hate to say it, it'll be so, so hard for the Wrestling Thread to topvthe SB SS...

And if NT is my home, NTWT is my bedroom.... It's my favorite place on the Internet, even more so than Fetlife... That thread is family to me, and I love every single one of them... Even Faithful Leader himself, 4W...

I think NT needs a hall of fame... There's members on here they deserve to have an e-plauque In their honor... There are so many deserving members that have done so much to better niketalk...

How has it been this long... Wow.

First, so many thanks and admiration to the many admins that have literally kept this board and the community alive – you da real MVP.

NT is far more than a sneaker website. NT introduced me to some amazing people that I will always remember, but it really made me a more unique and interested person. NT made me see details that I would not have cared to notice had I been the person that didn't look at everyone else's shoes, which then lead to the world of street culture, and then even the world of art. Shoes/culture/art have all blended together now, but NT put me onto KAWS and the Hundreds as much as it put me onto SBs and player exclusives and back in 2002 you probably wouldn't expect those things to all be in the same sentence.

I still have way too many shoes, and still try to keep up with the new releases and retros – but more importantly NT expanded my curiosity in a culture beyond my own and that is something that will 100% always be with me.

Happy Birthday NT, but more importantly, thank you.

Happy bday! Never thought in a million years I would still be here after joining on a whim back in 2001. I believe I found the site after doing a google search for jordan xi's.

Real talk, I want to thank Meth for still being involved on this site..From putting these charities together, giving us what WE want (such as the hats), to transitioning to different platforms and making the site run smoothly..Thanks for putting up with the stress that it brings and having patience with everyone :lol: :pimp:

Crazy how your decision to make this site has shaped the lives of soo many people throughout the years.

We miss you. :frown:
YO!!!!! :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: My day is complete! Honestly Dirty I cant thank you for all the laughs over the years, you were a GREAT sport in all the silly PS threads. Major Resp

Now I just need
@Jumpmanst
@collie27
swoshmn swoshmn
@muscle68
@oo206oo
@k town hustler
@kEnn E
@Ocks
@OGbobbyjohnson773
@SLAM Ed
@henz0
@goldenarmz97
@whywesteppin
@neek
@DJ bana
@jae oh en
@kevin1st
@Methamphibian NYC
digitaljordan digitaljordan
@GhengesK
@theglv
@baby dill
rexanglorum rexanglorum
@Kingtre
@crisone
@zodogg34
@JoeGoblyn
@Questions03
donpoppa donpoppa
@menace5star
@Crank Lucas
+ countless others to pop in and say "Su" :lol: or "Sup" as you all have helped make NT what it was (fantastic) in my close to 11 years on here. Shoes, stories and laughs...what more could you ask for?

God knows how many more people will pop into my head today when subconsciously thinking about SNs I miss seeing. If you're lurking come out and say what's up! Its a time of celebration!

Sup.

Been on this site since the 6th grade and I'm 26 now. Always highly appreciated. So many good memories.

crazy seeing some of these OG screen names pop back up

Can't believe I've been around for over 10 years :wow:

Good times... Happy Bday to the community of NT

For the past 9 years NikeTalk has been the only website I visit consistently on a daily basis.
pimp.gif

Don't mess with Twitter or Instagram, and I'm on Facebook sporadically at best.

NT has provided me with countless memories over the years.

NT is the only site I need; the only one that matters.
nthat.gif

What ever happened to acaka?

And that girl. Forgot her name. She was pretty. Had her on my AIM way back when we had the chat rooms on there :lol:

I felt like the man when she was on my buddy list

Back
Top Bottom