Has Anyone Ever Met A Sociopath?

My cousin is an actual Sociopath. However after reading the first post, apparently I may be one as well
ohwell.gif
. But I'm one of the "good" sociopaths because I'm far from crazy.

Yup.

Think of it this way...
Sociopaths will rarely go to an extreme measure to @#@! with you, just for their amusement.
Psychopaths will and pre-meditated about it even before you'll pick up on it.

Yup.

Think of it this way...
Sociopaths will rarely go to an extreme measure to @#@! with you, just for their amusement.
Psychopaths will and pre-meditated about it even before you'll pick up on it.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Originally Posted by gunnascott

What's the difference between a psychopath and a sociopath?
A psychopath thinks 2+2=5 rather than 2+2=4. A sociopath knows 2+2=4, but hates to admit it.
laugh.gif

I actually looked it up earlier though
Spoiler [+]
There is some debate about whether there is a meaningful difference between sociopaths and psychopaths. The DSM IV (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual used by psychologists) lists both under the heading of Anti-social Personality Disorder, and there are different schools of thought on whether they should be treated as distinct. Psychopaths and sociopaths both apparently lack a conscience. Both will engage in behavior that harms others with no feeling of guilt or remorse, and rarely consider the risks to others implicit in their actions. They have an intellectual understanding of pro-social emotions, but seem to feel no emotional bonds with others. The result is that they can seem like perfectly decent and reasonable human beings in most situations, but can take bizarrely inappropriate actions to satisfy perceived insults, fantasies, or mere whims.
Those psychologists who make a distinction between the two usually do so on the basis of organization. Sociopaths are seen as disorganized and rash, making extreme responses to normal situations. They lack impulse control. Psychopaths, by contrast, are highly organized, often secretly planning out and fantasizing about their acts in great detail before actually committing them, and sometimes manipulating people around them.
Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_difference_between_a_sociopath_and_a_psychopath#ixzz1NfU6fmtW

Although the Psychological process of denial of Conscience within the MIND of a sociopath and a psychopath is the same dynamic [Esoteric processes], the particular Fate Karma of the individual determines which behavioral expression one engages in, and it is these behavioral expressions that modern mental health focus on and label as either sociopathic or psychopathic.

Of the more distinguishing traits, some argue the sociopath to be less organized in his or her demeanor, nervous and easily agitated - someone likely living on the fringes of society, without solid or consistent economic support. A sociopath is more likely to spontaneously act out in inappropriate ways without thinking through the consequences.

Conversely, some argue that the psychopath tends to be extremely organized, secretive and manipulative. The outer personality is often charismatic and charming, hiding the real person beneath. Though psychopaths do not feel for others, they can mimic behaviors that make them appear normal. Upon meeting, one would have more of a tendency to trust a psychopath than a sociopath.
cause of the organized personality of the psychopath, he or she might have a tendency to be better educated than the average sociopath, who probably lacks the attentive skills to excel in school. While psychopaths can fly under the radar of society, many maintaining families and steady work, a sociopath more often lacks the skills and drive for mimicking normal behavior, making "seemingly healthy" relationships and a stable home less likely. From a criminal standpoint, a sociopath's crimes are typically disorganized and spontaneous, while the psychopath's crimes are well planned out. For this reason, psychopaths are harder to catch than sociopaths, as the sociopath is more apt to leave ample evidence in his or her explosions of violence.
Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_difference_between_a_sociopath_and_a_psychopath#ixzz1NfUD8iSU

I've also kept in mind that a select group of psychopaths enjoy killing ppl.
Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

Justifiable sociopath
laugh.gif
Doesn't need to be justified. They already think what they're doing isn't wrong.

Yeah but a sociopath doesn't 'do' any necessary wrong action..I think we all do the things listed as sociopathic to a certain extent,  we all have character flaws.
BUT anyway, what is 'wrong' in the standards of a self-proclomained atheist?  

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Originally Posted by gunnascott

What's the difference between a psychopath and a sociopath?
A psychopath thinks 2+2=5 rather than 2+2=4. A sociopath knows 2+2=4, but hates to admit it.
laugh.gif

I actually looked it up earlier though
Spoiler [+]
There is some debate about whether there is a meaningful difference between sociopaths and psychopaths. The DSM IV (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual used by psychologists) lists both under the heading of Anti-social Personality Disorder, and there are different schools of thought on whether they should be treated as distinct. Psychopaths and sociopaths both apparently lack a conscience. Both will engage in behavior that harms others with no feeling of guilt or remorse, and rarely consider the risks to others implicit in their actions. They have an intellectual understanding of pro-social emotions, but seem to feel no emotional bonds with others. The result is that they can seem like perfectly decent and reasonable human beings in most situations, but can take bizarrely inappropriate actions to satisfy perceived insults, fantasies, or mere whims.
Those psychologists who make a distinction between the two usually do so on the basis of organization. Sociopaths are seen as disorganized and rash, making extreme responses to normal situations. They lack impulse control. Psychopaths, by contrast, are highly organized, often secretly planning out and fantasizing about their acts in great detail before actually committing them, and sometimes manipulating people around them.
Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_difference_between_a_sociopath_and_a_psychopath#ixzz1NfU6fmtW

Although the Psychological process of denial of Conscience within the MIND of a sociopath and a psychopath is the same dynamic [Esoteric processes], the particular Fate Karma of the individual determines which behavioral expression one engages in, and it is these behavioral expressions that modern mental health focus on and label as either sociopathic or psychopathic.

Of the more distinguishing traits, some argue the sociopath to be less organized in his or her demeanor, nervous and easily agitated - someone likely living on the fringes of society, without solid or consistent economic support. A sociopath is more likely to spontaneously act out in inappropriate ways without thinking through the consequences.

Conversely, some argue that the psychopath tends to be extremely organized, secretive and manipulative. The outer personality is often charismatic and charming, hiding the real person beneath. Though psychopaths do not feel for others, they can mimic behaviors that make them appear normal. Upon meeting, one would have more of a tendency to trust a psychopath than a sociopath.
cause of the organized personality of the psychopath, he or she might have a tendency to be better educated than the average sociopath, who probably lacks the attentive skills to excel in school. While psychopaths can fly under the radar of society, many maintaining families and steady work, a sociopath more often lacks the skills and drive for mimicking normal behavior, making "seemingly healthy" relationships and a stable home less likely. From a criminal standpoint, a sociopath's crimes are typically disorganized and spontaneous, while the psychopath's crimes are well planned out. For this reason, psychopaths are harder to catch than sociopaths, as the sociopath is more apt to leave ample evidence in his or her explosions of violence.
Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_difference_between_a_sociopath_and_a_psychopath#ixzz1NfUD8iSU

I've also kept in mind that a select group of psychopaths enjoy killing ppl.
Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

Justifiable sociopath
laugh.gif
Doesn't need to be justified. They already think what they're doing isn't wrong.

Yeah but a sociopath doesn't 'do' any necessary wrong action..I think we all do the things listed as sociopathic to a certain extent,  we all have character flaws.
BUT anyway, what is 'wrong' in the standards of a self-proclomained atheist?  

Some people confuse narcissistic traits with sociopathic traits.

It's fair to say a significant portion of people who kill ARE sociopaths. But the overwhelming majority of sociopaths are not violent. They manifest their amorality in all sorts of ways. They also don't seek validation in any way, which is the main difference between the two.

I knew one legit sociopath in my life, and I know he'd never hurt a fly. He was a bad person, took me awhile to realize it. I know extreme narcissists and bi-polar people, but this dude was on a different level. Yet there was nothing to be scared of.

It's fair to say a significant portion of people who kill ARE sociopaths. But the overwhelming majority of sociopaths are not violent. They manifest their amorality in all sorts of ways. They also don't seek validation in any way, which is the main difference between the two.

I knew one legit sociopath in my life, and I know he'd never hurt a fly. He was a bad person, took me awhile to realize it. I know extreme narcissists and bi-polar people, but this dude was on a different level. Yet there was nothing to be scared of.

Driving home from college and my buddy was telling me all about this. He's a sociopath and from my responses was telling me that I have sociopathic tendencies. He really is trying to change his ways but some people, it just comes natural to.

Driving home from college and my buddy was telling me all about this. He's a sociopath and from my responses was telling me that I have sociopathic tendencies. He really is trying to change his ways but some people, it just comes natural to.

This topic isn't even mildly amusing for me. My brother is dating someone I suspect is a sociopath. Over the past 2 years she has caused so much suffering and pain towards my family and I. It has been some of the worst times of my life. I even contribute the stress from everything that's happened as a factor to my father losing his battle with cancer last year.
Yes, this individual even went to lengths to cause hell to an individual suffering from a terminal illness and going through aggressive chemo. Even still, my father forgave her. I can not say that my brother did all he could to stop her either - love is blind.
It is truly scary to see the lengths these sorts of people go to. 

One day I will snap, until then I am the better man for not doing so.

This topic isn't even mildly amusing for me. My brother is dating someone I suspect is a sociopath. Over the past 2 years she has caused so much suffering and pain towards my family and I. It has been some of the worst times of my life. I even contribute the stress from everything that's happened as a factor to my father losing his battle with cancer last year.
Yes, this individual even went to lengths to cause hell to an individual suffering from a terminal illness and going through aggressive chemo. Even still, my father forgave her. I can not say that my brother did all he could to stop her either - love is blind.

Originally Posted by Fire419

Sorry for your loss.

Originally Posted by Fire419

Sorry for your loss.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

I agree, remember, being a sociopath means you guys have to absolutely lack moral responsibility. In other words, you're incapable of having a social conscience, which makes you very weak-minded in some aspects. 

I agree, remember, being a sociopath means you guys have to absolutely lack moral responsibility. In other words, you're incapable of having a social conscience, which makes you very weak-minded in some aspects. 

Narcissistic and sociopathic traits overlap. I spot these people from a mile away and keep them at arms lentgh. 
I'm of the belief that most people, at least in the US, have some sort of mental illness. Our society breeds narcissists and sociopaths. 

Narcissistic and sociopathic traits overlap. I spot these people from a mile away and keep them at arms lentgh. 
I'm of the belief that most people, at least in the US, have some sort of mental illness. Our society breeds narcissists and sociopaths. 

Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

The main difference between a sociopath and a narcissist is that the narcissist requires adulation from his peers while the sociopath doesn't need such reinforcement. Apart from that they're actually pretty similar. 

Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

The main difference between a sociopath and a narcissist is that the narcissist requires adulation from his peers while the sociopath doesn't need such reinforcement. Apart from that they're actually pretty similar. 

Originally Posted by hymen man

It's funny 'cause the descriptions describe every single person in here I bet.

Come on now, we're all active members in an online community so this has to hold true but I highly doubt ya'll are evil.

Originally Posted by hymen man

It's funny 'cause the descriptions describe every single person in here I bet.

Come on now, we're all active members in an online community so this has to hold true but I highly doubt ya'll are evil.

Back
Top Bottom