HBO: † "The Leftovers" Series Discussion...†

Were you satisfied with the ending?

• Yes, completely. It was perfect.

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • 50/50, I wanted a little more closure to some loose ends.

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • No, way too much focus on Nora.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HELL NO! I wanted the mystery of the 2% disappeared to be explained.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Nora
devil.gif
Those backshots.
smokin.gif
 Theres just something about her

Nora doesn't do anything for me :lol: glad Kevin put her in her place at the end of the episode.

- Had a feeling we would hear the cancer/baby question again at some point
- If I was under the influence watching and I saw the Evie scenes :wow: :lol:

Feel bad for Kevin and don't necessarily like the trick they played.

I thought that was Evie. They made us see Kevin's hallucination.

Also ended up feeling bad for Nora when she didn't pass and they bailed on her.

There probably wasn't an "experiment" anyway. I feel like they're another version of the GR trying to mess with people. 

Wonder why she failed though considering ol boy from last week said he gave the opposite answer.

Seems like there is no right or wrong answer to the question. I'm assuming they go based off the individual and their interaction with them at the time. Maybe they saw how "off" Nora is and was like **** it. If they are in fact blasting people to another dimension I don't see why any of that matters, but hey.

I was wondering why she didn't ask, how do I know I am having the correct twin killed..  I think that is the question that needed to be asked.

Also ended up feeling bad for Nora when she didn't pass and they bailed on her.

Wonder why she failed though considering ol boy from last week said he gave the opposite answer.

Seems like there is no right or wrong answer to the question. I'm assuming they go based off the individual and their interaction with them at the time. Maybe they saw how "off" Nora is and was like **** it. If they are in fact blasting people to another dimension I don't see why any of that matters, but hey.

I could have sworn he said yes also.

I was wondering why she didn't ask, how do I know I am having the correct twin killed..  I think that is the question that needed to be asked.

I went back to EP2 (32:50) old man Garvey yellin for the guy to stop with the gasoline. Guy says they didnt take me etc asks old man Garvey the same question, old man Garvey says NO and the guy says "Thats exactly what i told them".

I dont think the answer is yes or no, and i think if they already know one of the twins will cure cancer than they know which would be which.

Maybe they ask these people (being victims of sudden departures) to see what kind of reaction they have to the question. Its not their twins so essentially theyre doing away with someone elses child.

Nora's answer and her tone towards the one lady (who prob runs the show) was just all kinds of defensive and off. She cane back "kids die everyday" .. true statement but damn :x oh and she was perfectly calm being trapped in a box by strangers who were going to pump her with radiation.

Also I agree with Kevin, that Nora is the one wanting to escape and she plays the victim. I mean outside of suffocating himself every day Kevin seems to have moved on from everything or at keast dealing with it. Remember in season 1 Nora knock off her coffee mug and the guy picking it up originally about to say something then realized it was her so his whole demeanor changed. Jill also saw her do it on purpose

Great episode though. Anyone else feel like that hotel resembled the same one Kevin went to during the "assassin" Patti episodes?

Is Nora the finest woman to be on tv, nope. But something about her in this show gives her that strong sex appeal. Kevin prob went home after that bathroom scene and laid the wood on Jennifer Aniston

Last edited:
They're twins. They have identical genes. It wouldn't matter if they're both babies.

I went back to EP2 (32:50) old man Garvey yellin for the guy to stop with the gasoline. Guy says they didnt take me etc asks old man Garvey the same question, old man Garvey says NO and the guy says "Thats exactly what i told them".

I dont think the answer is yes or no, and i think if they already know one of the twins will cure cancer than they know which would be which.

Maybe they ask these people (being victims of sudden departures) to see what kind of reaction they have to the question. Its not their twins so essentially theyre doing away with someone elses child.

Nora's answer and her tone towards the one lady (who prob runs the show) was just all kinds of defensive and off. She cane back "kids die everyday" .. true statement but damn :x oh and she was perfectly calm being trapped in a box by strangers who were going to pump her with radiation.

Also I agree with Kevin, that Nora is the one wanting to escape and she plays ghe victim. I mean outside of suffocatinf himself every day Kevin seems to have moved on from everything or at keast dealing with it. Remember in season 1 Nora knock off her coffee mug and the guy picking it up originally about to say something then realized it was her so his whole demeanor changed. Jill also saw her do it on purpose

Great episode though. Anyone else feel like that hotel resembled the same one Kevin went to during the "assassin" Patti episodes?

Is Nora the finest woman to be on tv, nope. But something about her in this show gives her that strong sex appeal. Kevin prob went home after that bathroom scene and laid the wood on Jennifer Aniston
That's what I thought with the hotel too. Coincidence that the episode last season was called assassin and the name of the fake book he asked for was called "assassin?"

And lol at Nora pulling a cam'ron......"Kids die everyday, b"

Nora was lying when she answered the question. That's why she threw a little extra gusto on top by scoffing at the thought of not killing one of the children.

I can't see her really truly agreeing with killing one for the greater good. Her whole story is about how her family is more important than anything else. There's no way she'd kill that kid.

I think she may have answered correctly, but this could be another test. Who knows anymore.

There's a lot more to this, though. I don't think this is the end of Nora trying to see her kids.

They're twins. They have identical genes. It wouldn't matter if they're both babies.
What does this matter?
They're genetically identical so they'd both be capable of growing to do the same things. Their brains and potential for intelligence are identical. The difference between them would be the nurture/environment.

If they're born to the same parents and are babies, either could grow to be the person who cures cancer. They'd just need to be raised to do so.

Unless they're fraternal twins, that is. But since there's no distinction there, we can assume the implication is they're identical twins.

Also assuming any of this matters or is worth pondering on such a deep level.

Last edited:

Same genetics doesn't equate to them fulfilling the same destiny. Have you ever met twins before?

They're genetically identical so they'd both be capable of growing to do the same things. Their brains and potential for intelligence are identical. The difference between them would be the nurture/environment.

If they're born to the same parents and are babies, either could grow to be the person who cures cancer. They'd just need to be raised to do so.

Unless they're fraternal twins, that is. But since there's no distinction there, we can assume the implication is they're identical twins.

View media item 2136185View media item 1620903
I think you are missing the point fam. It was already determined which one would cure cancer, his/her destiny was already determined.

You are thinking too much into it.

Last edited:

Twins can grow up doing the same stuff, same school education grades etc and one still not be smart enough to be the one for the cure.

Think about how many twins out there are identical and completely different

But yeah dont think it mattered either way. Noras demenor was not welcoming anyway

I still feel like Kevin only lashed out cuz he realized he's slipping in to madness again.

He was on point with what he said but it was reactionary.

Same genetics doesn't equate to them fulfilling the same destiny. Have you ever met twins before?

I think you are missing the point fam. It was already determined which one would cure cancer, his/her destiny was already determined.

You are thinking too much into it.
Just out of curiosity and for the sake of discussion and adding to the discourse in the thread:

How do you know it was already predetermined which would do what?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom