HBO's The Night Of

I mean the witness saw him break into the house and then leave right after. So logic dictates that he couldn't have done all that in that short amount of time.

Maybe the killer was already in the house?

Idk I still think the cat killed her. Sour ****.

Just rewatched that part where he stabbed her. 

NO wonder I missed it, she didn't make a sound.

Must have been inbetween a pause/rewind session where I just skipped that or looked away from the tele.

I guess, but no way I'm taking drugs from a chick in a cab I just met. Immigrant or not :lol:

Cmon man he's written as a dude who never lived that fun life..probably was a Virgin man lol. It's cringe worthy watching him but the scene where she gets into the taxi and he gets all simpish is real accurate for a dude like him

How does seeing his back with all those scratches show the detective knew Naz was telling the truth about consensual sex?

I'd assume he'd jump to rape on top of murder.

Last edited:
Not me.

Those are scratches left from passionate sex.

Rape marks wouldn't be just on the back, they'd be everywhere, Face, arms anywhere she could grab to fight him off. His demeanor throughout made me think he believes the kid is innocent.

Last edited:
I'm watching the scene right now and the detective is collecting all evidence to bury Naz.

I just don't see him showing any signs at all that he believes Naz had consensual sex with her.

His demeanor is a typical cop tactic. Pretend like they're your friend as they gather everything needed to convict you. Everything he said and how he said it was a trick so Naz did what he said and never asked for a lawyer. Naz got played.

I figure that detective will only start thinking he's wrong when the knife isn't the murder weapon and they find the drugs in her house and in her system as well.

Yea I understood his other tactics by being nice and how that's typical.

When he took his shirt off and they panned back to the detective he was stone faced almost but he moved his head to the side a bit like "hmm".

I'm just seeing it different, I think the detective already knows he's innocent, and not because of how nice he was or how coercive he was with his words, more his actions.

Last edited:
I'm watching the scene right now and the detective is collecting all evidence to bury Naz.

I just don't see him showing any signs at all that he believes Naz had consensual sex with her.

His demeanor is a typical cop tactic. Pretend like they're your friend as they gather everything needed to convict you. Everything he said and how he said it was a trick so Naz did what he said and never asked for a lawyer. Naz got played.

I figure that detective will only start thinking he's wrong when the knife isn't the murder weapon and they find the drugs in her house and in her system as well.

I'm with you. I think this early in the case, to them it seems as if everything was put in a gift basket and handed to them to convict Nas.

Then eventually as more evidence is collected, they'll start to see things don't add up.

I was hoping all the episodes would be 1.5 hours but unfortunately they're not

The knife not being the murder weapon will create doubt
The drugs being in their systems will create doubt
A many of things will create doubt as they try and piece this case.

I just see the scratches and his reaction as the first sign of doubt. I'm sure he sees all the evidence against Naz so far, but detectives see everything for and against.

I won't be surprised to see some mention of the scratches between the detectives, and how they pertain to his innocence rather than guilt

Last edited:
Someone mentioned the deer head in here earlier and I saw the initial trailer with someone swabbing blood under one of it's eyes.

Starting to think there's some importance with it

Yeah, he's obviously the best detective they have so he may be thinking, hmm wait a minute they're all on his back and not his face, chest and arms as if there was a struggle.

At the same time though he's trying to get as much evidence against him before Nas tries to lawyer up to build a case for the only suspect they have

the scene where they were patting him and pulled the knife as they were going over the case simultaneously was great. My wife was so tense "this is so nerve wracking!" Lol

Last edited:
Yeah, he's obviously the best detective they have so he may be thinking, hmm wait a minute they're all on his back and not his face, chest and arms as if there was a struggle.

At the same time though he's trying to get as much evidence against him before Nas tries to lawyer up to build a case for the only suspect they have
l
Exactly. Even when the Detective is talking to the Lawyer in the previews for next week and says "you're not going to get rich off of this it will be the shortest trial in history" and the Lawyer says "yea, is that why you haven't charged him" , I'm thinking to myself, the detective already knows something doesn't add up, he's probably going to be a **** to the Lawyer on GP though

Sidenote: something is def up with that Deer head

That scene you talk about where they were patting him down was Great! Dope AF. The shots are amazing

Last edited:
I don't know about Box being their best detective. I have no doubt he's good but seems more like he has a reputation for something like getting convictions.

Just peep the lawyer's reaction to when he heard he was on the case (at the same time learning its a murder case).

Right now I don't really see him thinking or acting for the benefit of Naz in the future.

Last edited:
Box has to be one of their best/most respected/ranked imo... Just the way that young cop tossed his cig out of fright when Box came up the stairs shows he's high up there.

I just read a review on it that said Box is the lead detective and this is his last case before retiring and that He and Stock's (Lawyer) paths have crossed prior.

Said Box has a reputation for effeciency

Also said there is a British version of this called Criminal Justice.

Last edited:
It's the same story as the OG but only premise and concept wise. If you watched ep 1 you'd see the differences.

Brits got all types of differemy procedures and laws.

I also think this version may end differently.

Just watched it.

Bodie lied to the detective about being alone. He said he was walking by himself. I feel like Bodie's innocent though so I don't know why he would lie. If he was guilty it seems like a weird move to go back to the crime scene even if you're trying to frame someone.

Last edited:
I guess, but no way I'm taking drugs from a chick in a cab I just met. Immigrant or not :lol:

Cmon man he's written as a dude who never lived that fun life..probably was a Virgin man lol. It's cringe worthy watching him but the scene where she gets into the taxi and he gets all simpish is real accurate for a dude like him

FWIW I think Naz said he had sex only once before her.

Just watched it.

Bodie lied to the detective about being alone. He said he was walking by himself. I feel like Bodie's innocent though so I don't know why he would lie. If he was guilty it seems like a weird move to go back to the crime scene even if you're trying to frame someone.

Yeah, but they also hinted why Bodie was in the area and he seemed nervous when the cop mentioned drugs being on him. That whole situation was weird, because he talked to Naz like he didn't belong in the area. He was familiar with the neighborhood, but then again seemed out of place.

Plus the way the guy stared.

l
Exactly. Even when the Detective is talking to the Lawyer in the previews for next week and says "you're not going to get rich off of this it will be the shortest trial in history" and the Lawyer says "yea, is that why you haven't charged him" , I'm thinking to myself, the detective already knows something doesn't add up, he's probably going to be a **** to the Lawyer on GP though

Sidenote: something is def up with that Deer head

That scene you talk about where they were patting him down was Great! Dope AF. The shots are amazing

What deer head? :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom