His Airness says he could beat Lebron in his prime...not sure about Kobe

im bout to say this, but i would take AI over jordan one one. 
I'm a huge AI fan, but he is a legit 7 inches and 55 lbs lighter than Jordan. Not saying AI isn't physical, but it would be better to compare AI to people his size. 5'9-6'3, 150-185lb guys.
We are talking one on one, so it should be same weight class and height.

It is cool to debate Jordan vs Kobe vs Lebron..arguments can be made all day..hell... throw Mcgrady in the mix..

It is safe to say though, if you are talking small guards, there is no debate..lol AI would demolish every single one..including isiah, and tim hardaway..

Last edited:
Lebron is great in a team setting. Unstoppable in the open court and the same when he gets the ball at the three point line, isos, and goes full steam to the hoop. But...you noticed when he has a pretty good defender on him and he faces up..he'll either pull up or either use his strength and speed to get to the rim. Great one on one players like Kobe, MJ, Paul Pierce, Melo etc are good at creating shots with a repertoire of moves. One on one is a whole different ball game...remeber when Kobe shut down Lebron in the closing minutes of the all-star game?

I'm just going to make the point I always make going in to this debate.

All 3 will by majority be considered Top 5 to do it. Who cares about this anymore?

I don't think most knowledgeable basketball fans outside of those with Laker lenses consider Kobe top 5 but I get your point.

Lebron is great in a team setting. Unstoppable in the open court and the same when he gets the ball at the three point line, isos, and goes full steam to the hoop. But...you noticed when he has a pretty good defender on him and he faces up..he'll either pull up or either use his strength and speed to get to the rim. Great one on one players like Kobe, MJ, Paul Pierce, Melo etc are good at creating shots with a repertoire of moves. One on one is a whole different ball game...remeber when Kobe shut down Lebron in the closing minutes of the all-star game?
For Christ's sake stop comparing iso in a team game to 1 on 1. It's simply not the same.

For Christ's sake stop comparing iso in a team game to 1 on 1. It's simply not the same.

true , but a lot of things do translate

the reason i think Jordan would win is more so because of how incredible of an on ball defender he was

true , but a lot of things do translate

the reason i think Jordan would win is more so because of how incredible of an on ball defender he was
On ball defense in a game and 1 on 1 are still different. In a game you can put someone on an island but at the end of the day there's still mainland protection at the rim lol. 1 on 1 you're truly on an island in the middle of the ocean. For instance, if you try to play someone to their weaker hand in a team game you can slow them b/c the offensive player will be hesitant to move in that direction knowing that even if they get past their defender they have to take on the weakside defense with their off hand as well as possibly navigate rotating traffic with their off hand. 1 on 1 if you try to play someone to their weak hand, especially an elite player, you're going to get beat. All it takes is a step in either direction and you're beat against an elite player. Only option is to recover and contest the shot at the rim. Which Jordan is more than capable of but like I mentioned earlier LeBron is an elite finisher. The matchup isn't clearcut in favor of Jordan.

And lol at homie who took AI out of Jordan's weight class but then turns right around and puts Jordan in LeBron's weight class. Yeah, AI is 60 lbs and several inches shorter than Jordan but let's not act like he's not one of the hardest players to guard of all time and one of the most gifted scorers of all time. And let's remember, because apparently some of ya'll have forgotten, that LeBron is essentially a power forward playing the 3. He could play the 4 at any time. He's got 60 lbs of muscle over Jordan. Bron's size and strength would be a factor.

U know , ur right about lbj being a 4 and having a lot of lbs on Jordan. Good catch man. I feel what ur saying

On ball defense in a game and 1 on 1 are still different. In a game you can put someone on an island but at the end of the day there's still mainland protection at the rim lol. 1 on 1 you're truly on an island in the middle of the ocean. For instance, if you try to play someone to their weaker hand in a team game you can slow them b/c the offensive player will be hesitant to move in that direction knowing that even if they get past their defender they have to take on the weakside defense with their off hand as well as possibly navigate rotating traffic with their off hand. 1 on 1 if you try to play someone to their weak hand, especially an elite player, you're going to get beat. All it takes is a step in either direction and you're beat against an elite player. Only option is to recover and contest the shot at the rim. Which Jordan is more than capable of but like I mentioned earlier LeBron is an elite finisher. The matchup isn't clearcut in favor of Jordan.

And lol at homie who took AI out of Jordan's weight class but then turns right around and puts Jordan in LeBron's weight class. Yeah, AI is 60 lbs and several inches shorter than Jordan but let's not act like he's not one of the hardest players to guard of all time and one of the most gifted scorers of all time. And let's remember, because apparently some of ya'll have forgotten, that LeBron is essentially a power forward playing the 3. He could play the 4 at any time. He's got 60 lbs of muscle over Jordan. Bron's size and strength would be a factor.

all valid points my friend

not because its even that relevant , but just because i feel like it :lol: only player to record 200+ steals and 100+ blocks in a single season, and did it twice :smokin

I feel you Prez. And I'm not even trying to say that Bron would beat MJ. Just that it's not clearcut. I mean pause the rest of this post but...

there is no denying Bron is a beast who is unmatched physically. he really is and EVEN MORE atletic Malone...but Bron's detriment is his mental. (but not sure how many 'points' that that would account for.

Like folks sayin Bron would have to adapt to the physical nature of back in the day...lookin and Bron's body (no funny business) and well im sure his big A!! would adapt.

Just because you are ripped and huge doesnt mean you can handle playing physical. Some of the smallest guys have the most heart. Paul Pierce and Wade are big guys NH but they cry a lot and over exaggerate fouls and injuries, while small dudes like Nash, broke his nose and bled all up in the game and came back like it was nothin

if lebrons jumper is working than mj would be in for a long one.  thats a big if tho cause i doubt lebron would cheese and back him down all day and even if he did its easier said than done against a great on ball defender with big quick hands nh

Prime Kobe was unbelievable though. And even more so, very selfish. Every game for him was 1-on-1, I think he'd give anybody that work. Kobe vs. Mike would be something to see. I think mike would dog lebron though. Lebron really isn't as great of a defender as he's made out to be, he's just big as hell. Faster guys make him look goofy.

**** AI vs Lebron...I give it to the answer.

As a 40 year old cat, I had the privilege of watching MJ his entire career. MJ is the best basketball player I've ever seen...........HOWEVA, there is no way in the world he would beat Lebron one on one. I take that back. He might beat the smiling, happy go lucky, jump shooting Lebron of years past. But this pissed off, back to the basket, I'm going to the rim come hell or high water Lebron of the past two years? Nah. MJ played at 210-220. Lebron is 260 and 6'8.5-6'9. If he put MJ on his hip, it's over.

Back
Top Bottom