How do NY hip-hop heads feel about 'Kiss and Fab?

They're about equal no lie.

His peer's call him that because he called himself that ala Jay Z calling himself "Hova" (which I personally have never been able to honor) or Jada calling himself "Montega" or Joe callin himself "CracK" "Loso" "Drizzy" "Weezy" "Bigavelli" "Frank White" "The Ghost" etc... Do you see where I'm going with this?

As far as it being his best selling album it also featured his best selling and most popular song featuring someone else who was on fire at the time "If I Ruled The World" with Lauryn so come on G. People bought it and were felt some type of way about it at first because it was a drastic change from Illmatic. It took people a minute to warm up to his new lane, people didn't just jump on it as soon as it hit the streets G. I'm not one of these youngin's I remember 96 vividly everything from the Penny 1's to this lp.

Yea he was swagged out crazy but that wasn't his lane as we've all seen, thats not when he's at his best, even he knew that. It Was Written produced some of my favorite records of all time (IIRTW, Black Girl Lost, The Message, I Gave You Power) but its not %*!#%%$ with Stillmatic, Untitled, and definitely not the Hiphop bible. Hell depending on how I feel about on a certain day I may just prefer to hear GodSon to it. Its still a Classic in my eyes but it wasn't the Nas that made him NAS my G.

Now y'all can carry on about Jada and Fab

i respect ur opinion seymore....i just like it when Nas get a streak of arrogance in him and combined with da razorsharp wordplay he's unstoppable in my opinion of course.

now as for jada and fab, had mixtapes never existed they would've had a more memorable legacy cuz all they would've had to been on albums but on da flipside

is most of their memorable work is on da streets.

i'll take jada over fab anyday though.

i respect ur opinion seymore....i just like it when Nas get a streak of arrogance in him and combined with da razorsharp wordplay he's unstoppable in my opinion of course.

now as for jada and fab, had mixtapes never existed they would've had a more memorable legacy cuz all they would've had to been on albums but on da flipside

is most of their memorable work is on da streets.

i'll take jada over fab anyday though.

Jadakiss didn't learn !+#+ from BIG...

That's a shame...

He didn't even learn !+#+ from watchin Stedman...

Fab tried to do what BIG & Mr Knowles perfected but it just doesn't sound as good the 4th or 5th time around...

And neither one of them have been able to be as personal with their rhymes and BIG and Mr Knowles...

Them Ns make surface raps, where as the guys who truly penatrate the soul make music that comes from deep within...

Seems like Kiss & Fab are MORE concerend with sounding like the coolest or illest rather than BEING the coolest or illest...

Jadakiss didn't learn !+#+ from BIG...

That's a shame...

He didn't even learn !+#+ from watchin Stedman...

Fab tried to do what BIG & Mr Knowles perfected but it just doesn't sound as good the 4th or 5th time around...

And neither one of them have been able to be as personal with their rhymes and BIG and Mr Knowles...

Them Ns make surface raps, where as the guys who truly penatrate the soul make music that comes from deep within...

Seems like Kiss & Fab are MORE concerend with sounding like the coolest or illest rather than BEING the coolest or illest...

Their work ethic sucks.

When making albums, they tend to TRY and appeal to the masses instead of making music they enjoy making; are good at.

I really don't think their flows have anything to do with their demise. A lot of artists stick to one flow, and when switched up, N's hate it.

Fab lacks personality which is a fatal flaw of his character and makes him a one dimensional MC.

Jada, I wouldn't say he's deep, but he has the potential to touch nerves and occasionally drops gems in his verses. If u can't hear the greatness in this mans verses, then iish is flyin over yall heads.

2 of my fave artists that piss me off to no end. Think its a NY curse for certain N's. That's why they losin. Most of them are stuck in one mode of rapping.

Regardless of how much u feel they're wack, guarantee they can go bar for bar wit anyone u choose, but for TIME's sake & this new generation, it aint about how nice u are, but how good ur song making ability is.

Their work ethic sucks.

When making albums, they tend to TRY and appeal to the masses instead of making music they enjoy making; are good at.

I really don't think their flows have anything to do with their demise. A lot of artists stick to one flow, and when switched up, N's hate it.

Fab lacks personality which is a fatal flaw of his character and makes him a one dimensional MC.

Jada, I wouldn't say he's deep, but he has the potential to touch nerves and occasionally drops gems in his verses. If u can't hear the greatness in this mans verses, then iish is flyin over yall heads.

2 of my fave artists that piss me off to no end. Think its a NY curse for certain N's. That's why they losin. Most of them are stuck in one mode of rapping.

Regardless of how much u feel they're wack, guarantee they can go bar for bar wit anyone u choose, but for TIME's sake & this new generation, it aint about how nice u are, but how good ur song making ability is.

ITS MUSIC!!!!

if u just want to hear _s spit bars go watch battle raps... albums are not supposed to be filled with random bars...

yall NY _s just on some other !$*% when it comes to music...

ITS MUSIC!!!!

if u just want to hear _s spit bars go watch battle raps... albums are not supposed to be filled with random bars...

Originally Posted by OverGrinding

ITS MUSIC!!!!

stop fronting, you know you want jadakiss to sing you a lulu bye 
laugh.gif
grin.gif

Originally Posted by OverGrinding

ITS MUSIC!!!!

stop fronting, you know you want jadakiss to sing you a lulu bye 
laugh.gif
grin.gif

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

pimp.gif

but I think theres another video for this tho
this joint old and it STILL gets da hairs on my back to stand up...none of these new school rappers have that magic....pssh as far as im concerned when a young snot nosed

punk talks crap about Jadakiss on NT he doesn't know crap about music..PERIOD.

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

pimp.gif

but I think theres another video for this tho
this joint old and it STILL gets da hairs on my back to stand up...none of these new school rappers have that magic....pssh as far as im concerned when a young snot nosed

punk talks crap about Jadakiss on NT he doesn't know crap about music..PERIOD.

Back
Top Bottom