How good is Kevin Durant really?

Originally Posted by StylishStef89

Durant reminds me of T-Mac without the playmaking/athletic ability.
Agreed. I think that's why I like him (KD) as a player so much.

No doubt he's good.

But I personally think he can be GREAT. That's how far his potential is.

He'll being the all-star game next yr and every year after

Playoffs: eh we will see '10-11 season (barring a destruction rampage of a year this year)

So yeah he will be great unstoppable at the 2 position long term
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Originally Posted by BishopDS

aint better than my homie B Roy.
Roy learned all his fundamentals playing four years of college ball, and has more league experience. But this is beside the point.
tru tru, Kevin good though, just needs a little muscle.

Dude is still young. He's going to have flaws in his game. Give him a couple of years, he'll be a top 5 player imo.

He's not that good...

Nothing more than a dime a dozen scorer...really can't do anything else. Blazers made the right choice....

Originally Posted by Im Not You

He's not that good...

Nothing more than a dime a dozen scorer...really can't do anything else. Blazers made the right choice....
If he's lucky, he might be as good as Rashard Lewis.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Originally Posted by Im Not You

He's not that good...

If he's lucky, he might be as good as Rashard Lewis.

Or at least a poor man's version of Rashard Lewis...

He's THAT good...

But Lebron, Wade and Kobe are still on an unmatchable level.

But i think Durrant, along with BRoy have some serious potential

Durant's numbers this past year were noticeably better than lewis's career year. and lewis is on roids.

Durant is going to not just be a perennial All NBA and All Star, but one of the Elite players in the league. as in one of those 5-7 guys that it would beessentially nuts to trade unless they start making a big stink about wanting to be traded.

He'll likely be dancing around 30 ppg for the next half decade at the very least.

I know it's pre-season, but hopefully this whole thing really lit a fire in him: 30 & 11 and a +24 tonight.

Kevin Durant is the next superstar in the NBA. He will be a household name in no time. When people talk about the best players in the NBA, he'll bementioned alongside guys like Kobe, Wade, LeBron, etc.

The Thunder have a great future ahead of them, that team has talent for days and they'll be lead by Durant's 25+ ppg. I might have to abandon the NYKbandwagon if they dont land LeBron and jump on the Thunder's ship.
Durant's numbers this past year were noticeably better than lewis's career year. and lewis is on roids.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Kevin Durant is the next superstar in the NBA. He will be a household name in no time. When people talk about the best players in the NBA, he'll be mentioned alongside guys like Kobe, Wade, LeBron, etc.

The Thunder have a great future ahead of them, that team has talent for days and they'll be lead by Durant's 25+ ppg. I might have to abandon the NYK bandwagon if they dont land LeBron and jump on the Thunder's ship.

won't be a houshold as long as he plays in OKC.

Originally Posted by dakid23

Kevin Durant is the next superstar in the NBA. He will be a household name in no time. When people talk about the best players in the NBA, he'll be mentioned alongside guys like Kobe, Wade, LeBron, etc.

The Thunder have a great future ahead of them, that team has talent for days and they'll be lead by Durant's 25+ ppg. I might have to abandon the NYK bandwagon if they dont land LeBron and jump on the Thunder's ship.
Tim Duncan and Chris Paul play in small markets and they seem to be doing just fine.

Stockton and Malone putting Utah on the map? No one cared about Toronto until Vince got there. Who the @!*$ cared about Cleveland until LeBron gotthere? Superstars can put entire cities on the map.

If the Thunder progress nicely and become a 55-win team, they'll be on the tip of every NBA fan's tongue.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Tim Duncan and Chris Paul play in small markets and they seem to be doing just fine.
I'll give you Chris Paul, but San Antonio is a much bigger market than OKC. The only other that compares to OKC: MEMPHIS.

Originally Posted by CP1708

He's better then Greg Oden. All that matters

Low blow being a Buckeye...but yea, there is no debate. KD >>>>>>>> Oden.
Greg is still my dude though.

Originally Posted by BishopDS

aint better than my homie B Roy.
Yeah he is.

And to the dudes thinking he'll be only good as Rashard Lewis:
indifferent.gif

Durant is already a problem in the league. Top 10 player already. And he's only in his third year in the league.

Top 10 talent in the league easily. Maybe a Top 5 talent. He hasn't reached the level of a top 5 player yet though. He will soon enough, and I'mdefinitely on the Thunder bandwagon. I really like the way Presti is building that team.

Back
Top Bottom