How good is Kevin Durant really?

Originally Posted by SickWitIt

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

Top 10 player already.
Now this is a reach.
Nope. This year he'll prove to everyone he deserves at least top 10...creeping into top 5 slowly.
hell if melo is struggling to make the top 10, no way durant should be in the top 10. im tlaking about this year.
if he can show me some progress, he'll def. be on the top 10 by the end of next year.

Durant > Melo. Durant is already a scoring machine. The three pointer is nasty. Good FG %. Solid rebounder. Just needs to work on passing a bit more Iguess.

Top 10 player already.
Now this is a reach.
Nope. This year he'll prove to everyone he deserves at least top 10...creeping into top 5 slowly.
Even bigger reach. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeasy now.....

Durant > Melo. Durant is already a scoring machine. The three pointer is nasty. Good FG %. Solid rebounder. Just needs to work on passing a bit more I guess.
Before his passing he needs to work on his defense, hence why his PER number stinks.

You think Kobe and Lebron are at the top of their game because they can drop 30 at the drop of a hat? Nope - there are two sides of the coin - they can shutdown any opponent that guards from doing the same.

Originally Posted by FLINTGREY

Top 10 player already.
Now this is a reach.
Even bigger reach. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeasy now.....

Durant > Melo. Durant is already a scoring machine. The three pointer is nasty. Good FG %. Solid rebounder. Just needs to work on passing a bit more I guess.
they can shut down any opponent that guards from doing the same.
Not really...

I'd just say that they put the forth the effort defensively. But Kobe and Lebron both get torched from time to time...

I thought Memphis was no. 17 in biggest cities or something. Idk where OKC ranks but its not in the top 20. Durant will be good. If he turns out to be just agood scorer and nothing more it'll be because of the way people hyped him up and pressured him. This year will help determine how good he can get. Dependson if he can really surpass the stats he put up last year and can that team really win some games this year under his leadership. Since everybody has highexpectations for him and the tea, it should be a good year to find out.

And another thing...ya'll and everyone else done overrated the HELL out of Lebron defensively.

No one will ever be able to justify why he spent the majority of the Magic series guarding Rafer Alston when Lewis and Turk were making a mockery out of thecity of Cleveland.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

And another thing...ya'll and everyone else done overrated the HELL out of Lebron defensively.
http://www.nba.com/2009/n...dpoy.20090421/index.html

^ Overrated? Yeah, I guess the 119 sportswriters and broadcasters who voted him as the runner-up for 2009 NBA Defensive Player of the year didn't takethis into consideration. They only get paid to watch him night in and night out and vote for the award. All 119 of them clearly don't know what they aretalking about.

Defensive Player of the Year Presented by Kia Motors Voting[table][tr][td]PLAYER[/td] [td]TEAM[/td] [td]1st (5 Pts)[/td] [td]2nd (3 Pts)[/td] [td]3rd (1 pt)[/td] [td]Total[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Dwight Howard[/td] [td]Orlando[/td] [td]105[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]542[/td] [/tr][tr][td]LeBron James[/td] [td]Cleveland[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]36[/td] [td]20[/td] [td]148[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Dwyane Wade[/td] [td]Miami[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]20[/td] [td]15[/td] [td]90[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Shane Battier[/td] [td]Houston[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]71[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Ron Artest[/td] [td]Houston[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]54[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Chris Paul[/td] [td]New Orleans[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]49[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Kobe Bryant[/td] [td]LA Lakers[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]15[/td] [td]43[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Kevin Garnett[/td] [td]Boston[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]31[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Chris Andersen[/td] [td]Denver[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]10[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Rajon Rondo[/td] [td]Boston[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Tim Duncan[/td] [td]San Antonio[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Raja Bell[/td] [td]Charlotte[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Anderson Varejao[/td] [td]Cleveland[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Andre Iguodala[/td] [td]Philadelphia[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Ronny Turiaf[/td] [td]Golden State[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Trevor Ariza[/td] [td]LA Lakers[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Marcus Camby[/td] [td]LA Clippers[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Grant Hill[/td] [td]Phoenix[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Joel Pryzbilla[/td] [td]Portland[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Hedo Turkoglu[/td] [td]Orlando[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [/tr][/table]

grin.gif

Bron and Whistle only 2nd and 3rd because they were playing the lanes and getting them
eek.gif
weak side blocks...

they did good on the d-end (nh) but number 4 on the list should be ahead of those two.

^ Yes, this "fool" did. Who do u think votes for MVP awards, R.O.Y. awards and Coach of The Year awards. Sportswriters and broadcasters. Is there asurvey amongst NBA players who plays the best D? No. What do you recommend, smart guy? Audience/fan applause?

^ Overrated? Yeah, I guess the 119 sportswriters and broadcasters who voted him as the runner-up for 2009 NBA Defensive Player of the year didn't take this into consideration. They only get paid to watch him night in and night out and vote for the award. All 119 of them clearly don't know what they are talking about.

Then why do the All-Defensive Teams usually suck even though they're voted on by head coaches, who get paid to know every detail of the game?
laugh.gif

Did this fool realy use a media vote to prove how good bron d was? Lmao!!!!

Seriously.
laugh.gif

^ Yes, this "fool" did. Who do u think votes for MVP awards, R.O.Y. awards and Coach of The Year awards. Sportswriters and broadcasters. Is there a survey amongst NBA players who plays the best D? No. What do you recommend, smart guy? Audience/fan applause?
Mike Brown won Coach of the Year. Stop acting like sportswriters and broadcasters are the be-all and end-all of the NBA.

And audience/fan applause? How about watching games and drawing your own conclusions. That and defensive statistics.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I stopped reading after 119 sportswriters and broadcasters.

The same people who vote Kobe 1st team all D EVERY year when anyone with a pair of working eyes knows there are sometimes more deserving guards.

Yeah...I'll take their word as gold.

Originally Posted by BangDak

Top 10 player already.
Now this is a reach.
hell if melo is struggling to make the top 10, no way durant should be in the top 10. im tlaking about this year.
if he can show me some progress, he'll def. be on the top 10 by the end of next year.

yessir, melo my ninja

Originally Posted by JD617

^ Yes, this "fool" did. Who do u think votes for MVP awards, R.O.Y. awards and Coach of The Year awards. Sportswriters and broadcasters. Is there a survey amongst NBA players who plays the best D? No. What do you recommend, smart guy? Audience/fan applause?
Mike Brown won Coach of the Year. Stop acting like sportswriters and broadcasters are the be-all and end-all of the NBA.

And audience/fan applause? How about watching games and drawing your own conclusions. That and defensive statistics.
Yeah I guess coaching your team to the best record in the NBA at 66-16 should kindasorta get you an accolade like Coach of the Year. I mean....like maybe.

SMH

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

The same people who vote Kobe 1st team all D EVERY year when anyone with a pair of working eyes knows there are sometimes more deserving guards.
Um, OK....why don't you name some of these "deserving guards" and I'll try not to laugh too hard. SMH some more....

^ Overrated? Yeah, I guess the 119 sportswriters and broadcasters who voted him as the runner-up for 2009 NBA Defensive Player of the year didn't take this into consideration. They only get paid to watch him night in and night out and vote for the award. All 119 of them clearly don't know what they are talking about.

Then why do the All-Defensive Teams usually suck even though they're voted on by head coaches, who get paid to know every detail of the game?
laugh.gif

Yeah....these guys really suck....

[table][tr][td]2008-09 NBA ALL-DEFENSIVE FIRST TEAM[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td]Position[/td] [td]Player, Team[/td] [td]1st[/td] [td]2nd[/td] [td]Points[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Center[/td] [td]Dwight Howard, Orlando[/td] [td]27[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]55[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Guard[/td] [td]Kobe Bryant, L.A. Lakers[/td] [td]24[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]53[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Forward[/td] [td]LeBron James, Cleveland[/td] [td]22[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]47[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Guard[/td] [td]Chris Paul, New Orleans[/td] [td]15[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]36[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Forward[/td] [td]Kevin Garnett, Boston[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]35[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]
2008-09 NBA ALL-DEFENSIVE SECOND TEAM[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td]Position[/td] [td]Player, Team[/td] [td]1st[/td] [td]2nd[/td] [td]Points[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Center[/td] [td]Tim Duncan, San Antonio[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]30[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Guard[/td] [td]Dwyane Wade, Miami[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]26[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Guard[/td] [td]Rajon Rondo, Boston[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]15[/td] [td]23[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Forward[/td] [td]Shane Battier, Houston[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]22[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Forward[/td] [td]Ron Artest, Houston[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]22[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table]
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Yeah I guess coaching your team to the best record in the NBA at 66-16 should kinda sorta get you an accolade like Coach of the Year. I mean....like maybe.

SMH

*sigh*

I'm not convinced that you watch basketball. I am convinced that you take everything that sportswriters/broadcasters say at face value.

I see there's really no debating with you. You're one of the dudes that take stats and ESPN opinions and reciprocate them instead of making your ownopinions based on what you see.

This dude probably thinks Derek Jeter deserved those 3 Gold Gloves because the managers/coaches said so.

I'm not convinced that you watch basketball.
My sentiments exactly.

I see there's really no debating with you. You're one of the dudes that take stats and ESPN opinions and reciprocate them instead of making your own opinions based on what you see.
Hardly. Artest and Battier are probably two of the best defenders I have ever seen play live and they made the second team.

As much of a headcase as he is, I personally would put him as a top 3 defender in the league. Yet, on this despisedsportswriter list, he named second team.

And Battier does so many things on the court that are not measurable by stats that its good to see him get an accolade like 2nd Team Defensive.

This dude probably thinks Derek Jeter deserved those 3 Gold Gloves because the managers/coaches said so.
Looking at your avatar I won't even try and debate that one with you.

Yet you think Lebron apparently is more worthy of being a 1st team defender over the both of them because all the writers said so right?

Looking at your avatar I won't even try and debate that one with you.

You don't have to. Go ask any baseball fan, including some Yankees fans.

Back
Top Bottom