How great was bruce lee? anybody got any crazy stories on his work ethic?

Originally Posted by scshift

Originally Posted by j4ck

Originally Posted by Kramer
roll.gif
roll.gif

forgot about Club

So if both Anton and Club can take Bruce Lee, who would win Anton vs. Club???

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

forgot about Club

i think Club, cause he said he's been training for a couple years and could KO another NT'er with one punch. 
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

forgot about Club

i think Club, cause he said he's been training for a couple years and could KO another NT'er with one punch. 
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

forgot about Club

roll.gif
Not just another NT'er, more like ANY NT'er. I wouldn't doubt it. Dude is like 20 something with plenty of fighting expirience, so fighting a bunch of frail 18 year olds would be a warm up. 
Club27 "You're asking how many frail NT'ers I could take out? ALL OF TEHM ARHGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHH"

BLATANT DISRESPECT BLATANT DISRESPECT! ARGH ARGH

roll.gif
roll.gif

forgot about Club

roll.gif
Not just another NT'er, more like ANY NT'er. I wouldn't doubt it. Dude is like 20 something with plenty of fighting expirience, so fighting a bunch of frail 18 year olds would be a warm up. 
Club27 "You're asking how many frail NT'ers I could take out? ALL OF TEHM ARHGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHH"

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

Bruce had me up to three miles a day, really at a good pace. We’d run the three miles in twenty-one or twenty-tow minutes. Just under eight minutes a mile [Note: when running on his own in 1968, Lee would get his time down to six-and-a-half minutes per mile].

So this morning he said to me “We’re going to go five.

Bruce had me up to three miles a day, really at a good pace. We’d run the three miles in twenty-one or twenty-tow minutes. Just under eight minutes a mile [Note: when running on his own in 1968, Lee would get his time down to six-and-a-half minutes per mile].

So this morning he said to me “We’re going to go five.

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

roll.gif

What is he? A pirate on steroids?
laugh.gif

roll.gif

laugh.gif

roll.gif

laugh.gif

i think thats suppose to be Arnold

roll.gif

laugh.gif

i think thats suppose to be Arnold

[h4]Physical feats[/h4]
Lee's phenomenal fitness meant he was capable of performing many exceptional physical feats.[sup][80][/sup][sup][81][/sup][sup][82][/sup] The following list includes some of the physical feats of which, according to author John Little, Lee was capable:
  • Lee's striking speed from three feet with his hands down by his side reached five hundredths of a second.[sup][83][/sup]
  • Lee could take in one arm a 75 lb barbell from a standing position with the barbell held flush against his chest and slowly stick his arms out locking them, holding the barbell there for several seconds.[sup][84][/sup]
  • In a speed demonstration, Lee could snatch a dime off a person's open palm before they could close it, and leave a penny behind.[sup][85][/sup]
  • Lee performed one-hand push-ups using only the thumb and index finger.[sup][82][/sup][sup][86][/sup]
  • Lee performed 50 reps of one-arm chin-ups.[sup][87][/sup]
  • Lee could cause a 300-lb (136.08 kg) bag to fly towards and thump the ceiling with a sidekick.[sup][82][/sup]
Also, according to the Intercepting Fist DVD, Lee would hold an elevated v-sit position for 30 minutes or longer.[sup][81[/sup]

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

[h4]Physical feats[/h4]
Lee's phenomenal fitness meant he was capable of performing many exceptional physical feats.[sup][80][/sup][sup][81][/sup][sup][82][/sup] The following list includes some of the physical feats of which, according to author John Little, Lee was capable:
  • Lee's striking speed from three feet with his hands down by his side reached five hundredths of a second.[sup][83][/sup]
  • Lee could take in one arm a 75 lb barbell from a standing position with the barbell held flush against his chest and slowly stick his arms out locking them, holding the barbell there for several seconds.[sup][84][/sup]
  • In a speed demonstration, Lee could snatch a dime off a person's open palm before they could close it, and leave a penny behind.[sup][85][/sup]
  • Lee performed one-hand push-ups using only the thumb and index finger.[sup][82][/sup][sup][86][/sup]
  • Lee performed 50 reps of one-arm chin-ups.[sup][87][/sup]
  • Lee could cause a 300-lb (136.08 kg) bag to fly towards and thump the ceiling with a sidekick.[sup][82][/sup]
Also, according to the Intercepting Fist DVD, Lee would hold an elevated v-sit position for 30 minutes or longer.[sup][81[/sup]

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I tend to think we mythize bruce leel way to much.Most Modern MMA fighters would stomp him in the lower weight classes of any major org.Folks have figured out how to truly cross train martial arts I give some credit.But guys like Royce Mas Oyama,Maeda,Antonio Inoki,Helio Gracie.Were all practicing what he was doing on a higher level and have had a greater impact than he had as far as general martial arts.These guys were the ones truly cross training and perfecting their craft and they actually had matches and the reputation to back it up.They were actual about that life Bruce talked about. Their is a reason we never hear of Bruce fighting boxers are not participating in tournaments.If he truly was about making a perfect martial art then he would have had the records to prove so not a bunch of books about theory .

I tend to think we mythize bruce leel way to much.Most Modern MMA fighters would stomp him in the lower weight classes of any major org.Folks have figured out how to truly cross train martial arts I give some credit.But guys like Royce Mas Oyama,Maeda,Antonio Inoki,Helio Gracie.Were all practicing what he was doing on a higher level and have had a greater impact than he had as far as general martial arts.These guys were the ones truly cross training and perfecting their craft and they actually had matches and the reputation to back it up.They were actual about that life Bruce talked about. Their is a reason we never hear of Bruce fighting boxers are not participating in tournaments.If he truly was about making a perfect martial art then he would have had the records to prove so not a bunch of books about theory .

Bruce Lee could have easily did Vale Tudo fights against the gracies or a shoot match in japan against pro wrestlers or against karatkas or some Muay Thai Fighters.the fact is he didn't even attempt to do this things somewhat descredits him.

Bruce Lee could have easily did Vale Tudo fights against the gracies or a shoot match in japan against pro wrestlers or against karatkas or some Muay Thai Fighters.the fact is he didn't even attempt to do this things somewhat descredits him.

Originally Posted by dts939

simply the best
he could kill any mma fighter today no questions asked
when they would film him in movies his movements were too fast for the cameras,
so they had to invent a new camera technology to capture his fast attacks
bruce lee = goat
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

camron.gif

Back
Top Bottom