How great was bruce lee? anybody got any crazy stories on his work ethic?

Originally Posted by dts939

simply the best
he could kill any mma fighter today no questions asked
when they would film him in movies his movements were too fast for the cameras,
so they had to invent a new camera technology to capture his fast attacks
bruce lee = goat
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

camron.gif

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

Bruce Lee could have easily did Vale Tudo fights against the gracies or a shoot match in japan against pro wrestlers or against karatkas or some Muay Thai Fighters.the fact is he didn't even attempt to do this things somewhat descredits him.

I believe he offered to fight the Gracies but they turned it down. 

Bruce Lee could have easily did Vale Tudo fights against the gracies or a shoot match in japan against pro wrestlers or against karatkas or some Muay Thai Fighters.the fact is he didn't even attempt to do this things somewhat descredits him.

I believe he offered to fight the Gracies but they turned it down. 

Bruce Lee learned something that today MMA fighters never learn. He learned the Shaolin secret techniques in China Shaolin temple

Bruce Lee learned something that today MMA fighters never learn. He learned the Shaolin secret techniques in China Shaolin temple

Gene Lebell was offered a fight with a Gracie forgot which one but he turned it down solely based on the fact he was getting up their in age and wasn't comfortable taking on a young gracie .I highly doubt they challenged Bruce. I will say one thing I wonder why the gracies never challenged the Hart Family that would have actually been imo the greatest fued in modern MMA.

Gene Lebell was offered a fight with a Gracie forgot which one but he turned it down solely based on the fact he was getting up their in age and wasn't comfortable taking on a young gracie .I highly doubt they challenged Bruce. I will say one thing I wonder why the gracies never challenged the Hart Family that would have actually been imo the greatest fued in modern MMA.

Ok, in my book about the filming of Enter the Dragon there is an exert about Bolo Yueng aka Bolo in Enter the Dragon and aka Chong Li in Bloodsport went to Bruce's house. Bolo described this device Bruce made with headphones hooked up to it. In one head phone it had sounds of the City real loud just constant noise and the other had sounds of nature all calm and soothing.

What Bruce was doing was training his nervous system. He said your reflexes are at the quickest when you are near sleeping. Think about it when you half sleep and half dreaming and something bites at you in the half dream, you slap at it. So he said he wants to feel that near sleep feeling for better reaction. If you in raged in a fight you are over aggressive and your body isnt calm. But relaxed calm and heart rate low is where you need to be.

I think about in Xmen First class when Professor X was trying to get Magneto to tap into his true potential with his powers. It's not when Magneto is angry but about finding that place of "serenity" as the Professor quoted.

Bruce was just that dude on the real.

Ok, in my book about the filming of Enter the Dragon there is an exert about Bolo Yueng aka Bolo in Enter the Dragon and aka Chong Li in Bloodsport went to Bruce's house. Bolo described this device Bruce made with headphones hooked up to it. In one head phone it had sounds of the City real loud just constant noise and the other had sounds of nature all calm and soothing.

What Bruce was doing was training his nervous system. He said your reflexes are at the quickest when you are near sleeping. Think about it when you half sleep and half dreaming and something bites at you in the half dream, you slap at it. So he said he wants to feel that near sleep feeling for better reaction. If you in raged in a fight you are over aggressive and your body isnt calm. But relaxed calm and heart rate low is where you need to be.

I think about in Xmen First class when Professor X was trying to get Magneto to tap into his true potential with his powers. It's not when Magneto is angry but about finding that place of "serenity" as the Professor quoted.

Originally Posted by jbone2308

indifferent.gif
That state of zen has been practiced for hundreds of years before him. Samurai's were doing that for the longest Shaolin monks also.

indifferent.gif
That state of zen has been practiced for hundreds of years before him. Samurai's were doing that for the longest Shaolin monks also.

indifferent.gif
Never said Bruce was the first to do this bro.  But I see your point.

indifferent.gif
Never said Bruce was the first to do this bro.  But I see your point.

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

Originally Posted by j4ck

i think Club, cause he said he's been training for a couple years and could KO another NT'er with one punch. 
roll.gif
Not just another NT'er, more like ANY NT'er. I wouldn't doubt it. Dude is like 20 something with plenty of fighting expirience, so fighting a bunch of frail 18 year olds would be a warm up. 
Club27 "You're asking how many frail NT'ers I could take out? ALL OF TEHM ARHGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHH"

BLATANT DISRESPECT BLATANT DISRESPECT! ARGH ARGH

What is he? A pirate on steroids?
laugh.gif
Well damb
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

Originally Posted by j4ck

i think Club, cause he said he's been training for a couple years and could KO another NT'er with one punch. 
roll.gif
Not just another NT'er, more like ANY NT'er. I wouldn't doubt it. Dude is like 20 something with plenty of fighting expirience, so fighting a bunch of frail 18 year olds would be a warm up. 
Club27 "You're asking how many frail NT'ers I could take out? ALL OF TEHM ARHGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHH"

BLATANT DISRESPECT BLATANT DISRESPECT! ARGH ARGH

What is he? A pirate on steroids?
laugh.gif
Well damb
laugh.gif

more info on Lebell being challenged by the Gracie's?

Rickson > Bruce... yea I went there

(kidding)

more info on Lebell being challenged by the Gracie's?

Rickson > Bruce... yea I went there

(kidding)

Back
Top Bottom