How has Russell Wilson managed to stay above the criticism aimed at black QBs?

Definite bias with all of those subjective attributes. I know there will be some but that was so over the top :lol:

I feel like pulling up one article on a player is not a fair assessment, no matter what qb it is there is gonna be at least one shock writer that wants get his/her name out there nheck I remember articles that were written about Andrew Luck that came out before his draft that took shots at him because "we knew too little about him" and was basically trying to insinuate that he has dirt waiting to come out after he's drafted. And Cam did have some issues with cheating in his past and was on record for being a difficult teammate so although that article was a bit much was it all false , so what I say to that is although its your past you know when you are in the spotlight media will bring it up.

* I think Manziel has received more slander than any qb listed soo far

Last edited:
Russy was all these black QBs before. He had the hype and the criticism. He even had a coach who hated him because he played baseball. The years at NCState he was the entire team. He ran, threw, adlibbed and they won a few games just of him.

When he left to Wisconsin he proved he could be structured and was a leader of men. Within like 2 weeks of being on campus the team voted him captain.

Wisconsin had Espn film their camp and Russell was every bit the veteran leader anyone could ask for. You maybe able to find it on YouTube.

Russ is so nice that it almost bothers me. He's too good at saying all the right things. He's so likeable and genuine that if you bad mouth him that just means you're an ***.

Last edited:
i'm down for that. i'm a big fan of fiction books anyway. let's make that happen ches :pimp:

:lol:

lol why r u guys always looking to criticize a player?  I've never heard **** about cams smile or kaepernicks tattoos.  i hate the way some of u think.  

russell wilson is just smart and says all the right things.  even when he was still in college i remember getting legit pissed off at how perfect his answers in interviews were.  i remember thinking to myself this kid is a damn robot

lol why r u guys always looking to criticize a player?  I've never heard **** about cams smile or kaepernicks tattoos.  i hate the way some of u think.  

russell wilson is just smart and says all the right things.  even when he was still in college i remember getting legit pissed off at how perfect his answers in interviews were.  i remember thinking to myself this kid is a damn robot
So you hating too? 

Race isn't that dominant nowadays in the media, but black QBs tend to get scrutinized a little more than a white QB.
Ben Rothlisberger(rapist) and Tony Romo (dating Jessica Simpson and being a choke artist) has gotten almost or as much flack as any other QB. Hell, I remember when the media was bagging on Jay Cutler for being a sissy even though the medical report said he had a torn MCL.

In general, as long as you have a clean background, say the right things, and keep winning, the media won't pick on you.

Last edited:
Brett Favre throws a deep pass in double coverage " Favre is a gun slinger, who loves to take risks"
RG3 or Cam Newton makes the same throw "This Qb makes bad decisions and is hurting his team"

Tom Brady throwing temper tantrums all game "Tom Brady loves the game and is a true competitor"
Dez Bryant is trying to pick up his struggling QB "Dez Bryant is immature and a cry baby, detrimental too his team"

Brett Favre throws a deep pass in double coverage " Favre is a gun slinger, who loves to take risks"
RG3 or Cam Newton makes the same throw "This Qb makes bad decisions and is hurting his team"

Tom Brady throwing temper tantrums all game "Tom Brady loves the game and is a true competitor"
Dez Bryant is trying to pick up his struggling QB "Dez Bryant is immature and a cry baby, detrimental too his team"

again, tony romo throws a pass into double coverage...tony's an idiot. hell, tony throws a ball that dez tips in the air and is picked, tony's an idiot.

tony was white-ish last time i saw him take a snap.

jay cutler...same thing.

it's not a race or hair thing. it's a winning thing.

Last edited:
It also depends on the person commentating.

But come on, plenty of QB's get slammed for making bad decisions.  Just because John Madden says something like Favre is a risk-taking gunslinger doesn't mean he doesn't screw up.  The guy sent pics of his genitals to a skeezy for pete's sake.

People who are smart enough can decide for themselves when a QB makes a bad decision.  Favre and Romo and the Mannings and Brady make plenty of bad decisions.

The same Favre with a Championship and multiple MVP's?

The same Brady with mulitple Super Bowl wins?

In simple terms...Have not any of you been a part of a team where you the star athlete and could do no wrong in the coaches eyes? That's all this is, but on a much larger stage with other people involved. Quick to say racism, but only looking at what the surface presents.

Last edited:
**** idk :lol:
I knew y'all would shut it down immediately

:lol:

Well...I'm not trying to pick apart anyone's argument that says race is involved because I think on some level it is. To what degree, I don't know. I just feel that a lot of times it's easy to claim racism when in fact many other factors are involved.

In reality there have only been a handful of black quarterbacks. Because of this, the chances of them truly winning anything is a lot slimmer simply because of less opportunity. Thinking of it differently...There are just as much, if not more, white quarterbacks that get critiqued and ridiculed as there are black quarterbacks. the difference is that there's also a handful of white quarterbacks that have had the ultimate success in this league and what I tend to believe, get passes because of it. With that, it becomes a numbers game. I strongly believe that if Cam won a Super Bowl or a few MVP's, he wouldn't be nitpicked so much. The nitpicking has slowed considerably as it is now that he's back to winning and saying the right things.

Back
Top Bottom