How has social media changed your life?

Seems like social media has been, for most people, just to talk to their closest friends, follow their idle/models/athletes/...etc (some baddies :smokin :smokin :smokin).

But have any of you guys have any success stories of a business. Maybe you stumbled upon a post and it motivated you to better yourself. Make money off of FB, IG, Snapchat, YouTube?

I personally never got any money out of it. But its a good way to keep in touch and catch some tail once in a while.

Whats your story?

It has its pros and cons. It allows you to reach more people who may share your worldview. However, because of its hyper-connected nature, you may have to filter out undesirable users. I've found that social media works best when you utilize it as an extension of your true self.

Last edited:
social media has made me more aware of a lot of things.....including the BS.

edit: and how thirsty girls can be 
mean.gif

pimp.gif
 can't lie i ain't even mad doe

Last edited:
saw everybody doing (or at least seems to be doing) something...

i deactivate it, although it hasn't really made me feel better, not any worse, so i guess thats a good, right? 
ohwell.gif

Last edited:
it hasn't.

decided from jump I wasn't about to get caught up in any of that foolishness.

never had a myspace,facebook. or snapchat account.

im on twitter only so I can RSVP for sneaks. im on IG for the TnA but I don't post on either.

social media, if used correctly, is cool. its just all the BS that usually surrounds it that keeps me @ a distance...

Last edited:
It's helped me build a business and expand my customer reach tremendously....IG was God sent.

it hasn't.

decided from jump I wasn't about to get caught up in any of that foolishness.

never had a myspace,facebook. or snapchat account.

im on twitter only so I can RSVP for sneaks. im on IG for the TnA but I don't post on either.

social media, if used correctly, is cool. its just all the BS that usually surrounds it that keeps me @ a distance...
Same here. Never had any of those.
I launched a business this year so i have every social media account for the business, to connect with customers, and to lock the name down.
Other than that NT and I look at pics and snaps.

Only one I really use is IG. FB ilI have just cause of the news feeds and ive had it forever, dont really post or use it that much, keep in touch with some friends but thats it.

Snapchat is really where the attention seeking is at.

Some friends use social media to project the lives they wish they had. I stop talking to some of them in real life because I'm not into their fake lives.

Made me more accessible to a wider range of yambs. And that's really all that matters :pimp:

It's helped me build a business and expand my customer reach tremendously....IG was God sent.

I happen to love IG too and only wish I'd had been doing it sooner. I used to spend a ton of money on collectibles and while I still do, it's nice to meet people who wanna hook you up just for a shoutout or something. Save a ton on toys and get them sooner just to say your name? Hell yeah :nthat:

By far the coolest thing to happen to me is being asked to be a part of a particular Star Wars Charity Club. Stuff like that makes me so glad I'm doing what I do on there. Who'd of ever thunk it?

Talking to random people, around the world, about your hobbies is also really cool. Probably my most favorite part.

Link in the sig :nerd:

Last edited:
I think social media definitely has it's pros and cons. It depends on what you use it for though. Just because it's a new tool in our tech society, it still exposes people for what they are, no matter what type of person. As for me, it does allow me to stay connected to friends/family etc. I'm not really big on documenting my daily life or personal life to the entire world, but that's just me, some people are comfortable with it. 

Social Media is what you make of it. It can be fun, profitable, educational, or a huge cesspool which we all know it could be.

You choose who you follow, you choose who you "friend", and you can choose who you block or keep away.

i really don't get snapchat, but every social media has its use-case unless you're a bird
I just created a snapchat a few days ago and I'm in the same boat as you... I swear that site is boring as hell.

As far as social media goes, I've been on almost all the popular sites since I was a young teen. (Myspace, Tagged, Crushspot, Bebo, Facebook, BlackPlanet & Instagram.)

When I was younger, it was mainly just a wait to keep up with close friends. You know, see what they were doing when I wasn't around them. Once I got into college, it became a tool to not only keep up with friends, but network with my frat brothers that live in other states, interact with chicks I wouldn't see on a daily basis, support black businesses that aren't in my area & keep up with current events. It's also a nice way to brag about my accomplishments.

I smashed a chick I met off twitter once. Sex was 3/10, her apartment was 9/10, and I give the post-sex gummy bears a solid 5/7.

Made me realize that people don't work like they claim to be working, or have money like they claim to have.

Society of people keeping up with the Joneses but still dead broke content with waiting to die while putting on a show as if they're living.

This is my only social media account at this point.

Did get me plenty of *** in high school tho.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom