How much you dropping for that engagement ring?

You fellas are some suckas. I'm not hating; congrats on finding the one for you, but it's a total sham. I'm lucky enough to have a lady that realized, on her own, that that extra money that some ladies want for a ring could instead be used for a down payment on a home, a car, a college fund for future kids, some life-changing travel, etc. There are stones that are far more rare than diamonds like Tanzanite, which is a 1000 times rarer than diamonds and will be mined out in 20 - 30 years. I plan on popping the question at the end of the summer and I'm going with either Morganite or Tanzanite.

Last edited:
Costco has legit rings...

Almost copped from them myself

Then i got a stupid deal...

My ladies is a .8 center princess cut F color VS in a rosegold ring with another half ct of sidestones.

As long as u got the GIA cert and light graph buy with confidence. Unless its a cushioN. Then id def wanna see it first.

Under 5k... we got better things to blow cash on. She still thinks its pretty shrug in fact all her freinds were/are floored. They think the center stone is a ct hah she has a small hand and the halo helos

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with getting a ring from Groupon. They run deals on jewelry all the time. I don't see how it isn't an issue getting a Movado for $300 off, but it would be for an engagement ring. Your girl probably looks into getting luxury items discounted from there anyway.

Im not the smartest cookie in the jar so please forgive me.

But I dont believe in diamonds.....

I believe that only celebs and millionaires get legit diamonds

I got a ghetto name and in my hood days i bought a bunch of gold things with my name on it, earings, bracelet, rings, neckless the works

In college I pawned all that garbage for books and stuff.

You wouldn't believe how I got swindled.

Every thing that I thought was 14k g was really 10, everything that I thought was 10k g was really 5k.

Now you can say that the gold seller ducked me, I trust him because he was real with me and broke it down and even took me out back to see the melting gold process.

Point is what does the average joe know about jewelry.

They could be selling you glued pixie dust and you wouldn't even know

But for the average joe, no more than 5k
Even that is too much imo

Foreveralone

Last edited:
Costco has legit rings...

Almost copped from them myself

Then i got a stupid deal...

My ladies is a .8 center princess cut F color VS in a rosegold ring with another half ct of sidestones.

As long as u got the GIA cert and light graph buy with confidence. Unless its a cushioN. Then id def wanna see it first.

Under 5k... we got better things to blow cash on. She still thinks its pretty shrug in fact all her freinds were/are floored. They think the center stone is a ct hah she has a small hand and the halo helos

Dont sleep on costo they have a 2000 ring there that is making me want to marry my own self.

been married 7 years...spent $900 on 1st ring, upgraded at 5 yr anniversary to a $3,000 joint.  She is more than happy.  10 year anniversary I will probably turn that 3k ring into a 10k ring.  (which will only cost 7K due to upgrade)

been married 7 years...spent $900 on 1st ring, upgraded at 5 yr anniversary to a $3,000 joint.  She is more than happy.  10 year anniversary I will probably turn that 3k ring into a 10k ring.  (which will only cost 7K due to upgrade)

Though I'm not thinking about any of this right now, this post puts things in perspective after watching one of my gf's best friends give his gf a 9K engagement ring. And just to add more detail, I've seen recent screenshots of him diving into other chick's DMs like

tumblr_n4b89ths9h1tt2jjyo6_r1_250.gif

I dont really get this
I wouldnt want to trade in the original ring doesnt it have "sentimental" value

Some good comments in here. Shoe Freaks. Would you admit that the ability to display a nice looking ring is the main reason behind the ring purchasing process? Or do you believe the more expensive the more love is present

Im not the smartest cookie in the jar so please forgive me.

But I dont believe in diamonds.....

I believe that only celebs and millionaires get legit diamonds

I got a ghetto name and in my hood days i bought a bunch of gold things with my name on it, earings, bracelet, rings, neckless the works

In college I pawned all that garbage for books and stuff.

You wouldn't believe how I got swindled.

Every thing that I thought was 14k g was really 10, everything that I thought was 10k g was really 5k.

Now you can say that the gold seller ducked me, I trust him because he was real with me and broke it down and even took me out back to see the melting gold process.

Point is what does the average joe know about jewelry.

They could be selling you glued pixie dust and you wouldn't even know

But for the average joe, no more than 5k
Even that is too much imo

Foreveralone

monta-ellis-handshake-o_original.gif

Not sure what you mean by "admit"

I think you know the main reason behind the ring purchasing process is showing off.

As much as I am anti blood diamonds
I think its going to be hard for me to say "I am engaged" and when people ask to see the ring and I hit them with "i dont believe in diamonds"
As much as we try not to, we care how people view us especially our relationships.

I would want my friends to be like "wow"

But at the end of the day Im sticking to my views on diamonds.

Hopefully my friends will fake it like i did when I saw their "diamond" engagement rings

Last edited:
I feel sorry that you have to alter what you really care about for the approval of your so called friends. Damb

Naw thats not what I meant, I said it would be hard to not care.
Im still going to do what i want, which is why I said I hope my friends put up front like I did

This chick I went to high school with got married, the dude bought her a ring but she didn't like it, guess it wasn't big enough or whatever, so her parents bought her a better ring. How you do that to your mans? I would've dumped the broad, she ain't even a 2 win player.

I mean if I only make 50K then yeah maybe a 5K for ring is good

But if I'm making 100K or 250K your price range may change

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom