How much you dropping for that engagement ring?

If your three month salary is 40k. Then im sure you are in a good place.

my three month salary is not 40k smh.

How much ring is these large $$$$ yall dropping getting you?

I need pics. I know the bigger/clearer/cutt (Color, cut, clarity) is what matters so they can show they friends and coworkers but 10k? damn

my supv got a big A!!! ring on her finger, she rarely wears it tho. (ski mask way)

Chicks love diamonds, it's a damn shame. I'd rather get some rare jewel, but if she wants a diamond that's what she gets. 

The max I'll go is $10k on the ring, but I aint paying for no $50k+ wedding by myself. We're either splitting the cost of the wedding, or doing something super small with just immediate family. Hell we might just **** around and elope. 

I'd rather focus on building wealth at this age than dropping some stupid amount on a party for our friends. Chuuuurch. 

eyes.gif
 tho..sheesh im a girl and i love diamonds but thats just pure craziness for an engagement ring..i think 10k is about the max..

Last edited:
Chicks love diamonds, it's a damn shame. I'd rather get some rare jewel, but if she wants a diamond that's what she gets. 

The max I'll go is $10k on the ring, but I aint paying for no $50k+ wedding by myself. We're either splitting the cost of the wedding, or doing something super small with just immediate family. Hell we might just **** around and elope. 

I'd rather focus on building wealth at this age than dropping some stupid amount on a party for our friends. Chuuuurch. 

average wedding is $30K AVERAGE depending on where you live too.

I just watched my homie drop 5 racks for a ring. :smh:

Its going to have to be an AMAZING woman...

I guess the equivalent would be if it were a tradition for a woman to buy a man a car for the marriage. You would want something that you're proud of but not something that would break the bank. Crazy how much chicks live jewelry. If someone buys something that's pretty and fake but believable, I wonder how far onlookers would go do determine if it's legit.

At the end of the day things like weddings and rings are irrelevant when it comes to a longstanding marriage.

I'm sure this ring cost a fortune

Last edited:
Spend what you can afford. house/real estate>ring. i had to pay for the weding and the ring so I kept it affordable.

know it's a super old article, but still an interesting read for anyone in the market for a ring.
http://m.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/1982/02/have-you-ever-tried-to-sell-a-diamond/304575/
Yes. Get a nice ring...But understand you have the future to save up for.

In the grand scheme of things, $10k shouldn't really affect you, especially if you end up having a successful marriage/life with that person :nthat:

Last edited:
Call me a simp or whatever, but when you meet the woman that touches your soul and brightens your day constantly, you do what you can to put the biggest smile on her face. If she wants a big *** engagement ring, even in secret, she's getting it.

I agree, espeially now that she is also the bearer of our child. Same time, being the analytical guy I am, it's hard to not just think of other ways that same $ could be better spent. My chic and I have somewhat talked about it, she said she'd be cool with the courthouse wedding then something big with both of our families later but I don't think she means the Hamptons, white doves, Italian sheepskin napkins, imported scrimps type big but like at a church and all of us together and catered by some local black owned shop from round the way. She always been just as down for me to bring some bread and sandwich meat when I come over and make sandwiches and watch Hulu as she has been for us to put on something nice and go somewhere suddity. So I don't know what we will do, maybe elope. As much as it's romantic, spontaneous, it's also cheaper than a big wedding lots of women want.

If you really sit down and think about a better way to spend the money that you do then you'll end up not doing most of the things that bring joy to your life.

At some point you have to realize that money comes and goes, and sometimes spending the money on something that will make your significant other happy, whatever it may be, might be the best way to spend it.

Last edited:
I just mean something like down payment on a house or college fund for the kid, not like I'm saying I wouldn't or couldn't drop major cake on a ring. But I'm just saying, 3 months of salary! Say I make 84k, that's $21,000 on a ring dude. A ring! I can get her a car for that! I think regardless of what I make, I'm capping at 10, which is less than 3 months btw. Mark up is so ridic on them anyways you can usually find what you like then do some searching and find the same ring for less than half of the price. Hell, my hommie told me they sell rings at Costco now

spent a little over $14k on my girls ring. As much as that hurt, the happiness it brings her every time she looks at it to me makes it worth it. Don't get me wrong $14k to me is a lot of money, but it is small price to pay to make the person who I'm spending the rest of my life with happy. Different strokes for different folks, try to do some research to get the most bang for your buck!

spent a little over $14k on my girls ring. As much as that hurt, the happiness it brings her every time she looks at it to me makes it worth it. Don't get me wrong $14k to me is a lot of money, but it is small price to pay to make the person who I'm spending the rest of my life with happy. Different strokes for different folks, try to do some research to get the most bang for your buck!

Nice ring, how many karats ?

remember going to austin with a friend/coworker for training and we on the plane, she leans over and is like peep those two women over there, and check out their rings. i look and its these 2 attractive blonds...look like typical texas housewives...busty blond, etc. biggest rings i've ever seen. bout the size of...M&Ms.

dudes mustve paid oil money for that ****...had me wondering what would possess a man to spend that much....can the P really be on another level?

then i thought nah, prolly just trying to show off trophy wives i guess.

seeing how so many dudes spend fortunes on a DeBeers monopoly, im happy my girl would be fine with a ring on the cheaper side.

........and by cheap i don't mean like bargain cheap, cuz i asked if i could grab a ring for her from costco or a BJs and all i got was a

c-mon-son-o.gif

Last edited:
http://www.costco.com/engagement.ht...engagement&categoryId=30440&sortBy=PriceMin|0 You say "from Costco" and that just makes it seem cheap and unsophisticated and conjours up thoughts of a wholesale 500ct pallet of tuna fish cans, but I don't see what makes these rings different from buying them anywhere else other than the amount of prestige of saying Jared, Zales, or something vs Costco, Overstock, or eBay and getting the exact same thing.

I was considering Costco, as long as the diamond was GIA certified with a certificate and were the specs I was looking for.

Back
Top Bottom