How much you dropping for that engagement ring?

I spent 23gs

Dropped 400 for engagement, 1500 for wedding joint. Lol

I thank the THOT GODS every day for blessing me with a humble joint that isn't into the whole "hey look at me" stuff

Last edited:
My pops offered my sis 30k for wedding and a 100k if she didnt. The 100k would have paid off her student loans, got her a new car and a nice down payment on a home. Because the grooms family and my mom expected a wedding she took the 30k. My bro and his wife learned, bought a house and got married by jp.

Crazy thing is dont matter how much the ring cost,she still gonna cheat if ya stroke game aint right and you switch up after the honeymoon...

My pops offered my sis 30k for wedding and a 100k if she didnt. The 100k would have paid off her student loans, got her a new car and a nice down payment on a home. Because the grooms family and my mom expected a wedding she took the 30k. My bro and his wife learned, bought a house and got married by jp.

Sounds idiotic on your dads part.

You know what else, diamonds remind me of "virgin" hair weave.

All that weave in the store cant be real because to turn over time is too quick.

The donor has to grow the hair then the vendors have to wait by the churches/temples and steal the hair.

Or a good vendor has private donors.

Diamond are naturally made and their is time and process

Hence why they started lab created diamonds, but still I feel like it obvious all those diamonds at jareds cant be real

Are lab created diamond considered real?

Word. That's actually a very silly example of trying to teach a lesson :lol:

Word. That's actually a very silly example of trying to teach a lesson :lol:

Pops didnt want her to have a wedding. Instead he wanted her to pay off the debt she accumulated in college. As, an incentive he offered her more if she didn't have a wedding and used it to pay off her debt. Pops didn't understand paying 30k on a wedding, when she had debt to be paid. The driving force behind her having a 30k wedding was other people, others expected a nice wedding and thats why she went with it.

My pops wasn't trying to teach her a lesson. He knows finances is the one thing couples fight over and he wanted to set her up for success.

Not tryna get in your wallet highrep but did you pay 23g all at once or did you get a loan for that?

Your wedding is probably going to be even more expensive

Invite NT

Man no way in hell I'm spending over 4k. I always said 3 is my limit since a youngin. So much other stuff to pay for or do and I'll be damned if I'm in any kind of debt. I know a dude who paid 12k for a ring and they live in an apartment... ***** 12 u better have a home.

Before I proposed I had a long conversation with my with Wife on engagement rings.
I wanted to go full blast but she just wanted something simple instead.
"Big rings to me are signs of insecurities in a relationship. I whether have that money spent on a trip or a down payment on a house," she said. So I just proposed to her with a platinum onyx band which is her wedding ring(I have the same). We went to Japan last year and have a home now. She's happy, that's pretty much all that matters. Bought a big ring for my ex, ish didn't work out and never got the true value back for that ring.
SMH.

Before I proposed I had a long conversation with my with Wife on engagement rings.
I wanted to go full blast but she just wanted something simple instead.
"Big rings to me are signs of insecurities in a relationship. I whether have that money spent on a trip or a down payment on a house," she said. So I just proposed to her with a platinum onyx band which is her wedding ring(I have the same). We went to Japan last year and have a home now. She's happy, that's pretty much all that matters. Bought a big ring for my ex, ish didn't work out and never got the true value back for that ring.
SMH.

you can always upgrade the ring later in life

you can always upgrade the ring later in life
Actually met a girl who just likes simplicity and doesn't do much jewelry[emoji]128516[/emoji]
She whether decorate the house or by shoes or something for our daughter.
Seriously hit the lottery with her because my previous was on some other ish.

My whole wedding including the ring will be 5k the rest I'm taking time off to travel the world. Just came back from Nigeria and Paris and traveling is all I want to do now.

Plan to spend less than 8K on a ring. Less than 20K on a wedding so the rest of the money goes towards a house 
nerd.gif

Yo my wedding is in May. I proposed back in dec I think. Shorty was the solitaire cut personality so I got a cool 1 diamond simple with gold band for 3 stacks. My wedding though... Dam why I gotta pay $1400 for the dj? Like dam. F this guy and his music. And he's eating my dam food. Same with the photography dudes. I don't want these people eating nothing.

Last edited:
Spending about 5k on a ring and about 10k on our wedding/honeymoon.  Were getting married and honeymooning in St. Thomas

Interesting feedback, different strokes for different folks I guess. I proposed 6/13, got married 6/14. The engagement ring was 10k, I honestly couldn't imagine spending less than that. I wanted her to love her ring and for the stone to have good quality. The wedding was 25k, and instead of a honeymoon we focused on buying a home and purchased 9/14.

Untitled by Kush_Dry_Goods, on Flickr

And no that isn't my wifes hand, its the jewelers.

Last edited:
300$ on a green pearl ring. Lmfao at the ripped pants comment. I wouldn't even buy my wife a coach purse, but damn 10k+ on a ring?

Give me career pointers pleeze

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom