How much you dropping for that engagement ring?

Interesting feedback, different strokes for different folks I guess. I proposed 6/13, got married 6/14. The engagement ring was 10k, I honestly couldn't imagine spending less than that. I wanted her to love her ring and for the stone to have good quality. The wedding was 25k, and instead of a honeymoon we focused on buying a home and purchased 9/14.

Untitled by Kush_Dry_Goods, on Flickr

And no that isn't my wifes hand, its the jewelers.

lmao bruh i was about to say why my hand look like a womens

(thenewjs23) Year and half but I already knew she was going to be my wife. Amazing person.

Last edited:
Not tryna get in your wallet highrep but did you pay 23g all at once or did you get a loan for that?

Your wedding is probably going to be even more expensive

Invite NT

All at once.
Wedding in Brazil in September fam

Last edited:
i've been eyeing the tiffany novo for YEARS, but with the price tag, it's not practical at all. 
mean.gif
sick.gif
 i'm not much of a bling bling person anyways.

PLUS, i'd rather spend the saved money on a house, an unforgettable vacay, or on my babies.

imo my family's future is more important than a rock on my finger. i'm after the marriage, not the ring. 

Before I proposed I had a long conversation with my with Wife on engagement rings.
I wanted to go full blast but she just wanted something simple instead.
"Big rings to me are signs of insecurities in a relationship. I whether have that money spent on a trip or a down payment on a house," she said. So I just proposed to her with a platinum onyx band which is her wedding ring(I have the same). We went to Japan last year and have a home now. She's happy, that's pretty much all that matters. Bought a big ring for my ex, ish didn't work out and never got the true value back for that ring.
SMH.

I will bet $100 that your wife smells lovely.

Woman that smell good >>> *

All at once.
Wedding in Brazil in September fam

Breaded up shorty.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say

3 months of your salary >>> 23k...

So 23k to one man is smaller compared to 23k to another man

Flourish

:pimp:

im not droppin madd money on a wedding, i dont even wear rings either...her ring can be nice but i dont even want a nice ring, im an active guy ill prob lose it or mess it up at the gym i dunno

i skipped prom in HS by choice also junior and senior, i thought it was a total waste of money even at that young age

i understand its a big deal for a lot of women so im gona have to compromise some............1 or 2 chicks i talked about marriage srs about thank god think its overrated though

honestly rather use that money for home expenses or car etc, whatever

married on a island etc, all cool i guess..(personally id be fine at a local church or hall)..i know more than a few ppl who did they vegas marriage, wont lie they are both very financially savvy couples too but neither of them want children either go figure.....

cheap or diff mindset i dunno

Last edited:
Once you and your partner discuss and reach some sort of balance it all works out. You set a budget and everything else falls in line. I know couples that werw able to get their wedding sponsored, get free food, cakes, etc. There are many ways to approach it. At the end of the day you pay for the experience, whats supposed to be the first/last time you are doing this, and a celebration with the closest of friends and family.

her ring can be nice but i dont even want a nice ring, im an active guy ill prob lose it or mess it up at the gym
lol i'm 6 months married and my ring is looking a little thrashed already and i usually take it off when i lift.

we're buying a new apartment today so i'm glad we were reasonable on the ring and ceremony. we have enough for the down and still can afford to send my son to one of the best daycare spots here. that's much more important to us.

Interesting feedback, different strokes for different folks I guess. I proposed 6/13, got married 6/14. The engagement ring was 10k, I honestly couldn't imagine spending less than that. I wanted her to love her ring and for the stone to have good quality. The wedding was 25k, and instead of a honeymoon we focused on buying a home and purchased 9/14.

Untitled by Kush_Dry_Goods, on Flickr

And no that isn't my wifes hand, its the jewelers.
that ring! beautiful! 
nthat.gif

Just began the process of ring shopping. Went to a Michael's jeweler around my way and a 1 ct diamond (just the diamond) was 7.5K. Had me like...

pricetag_shock.gif

Can I afford to drop 7.5k on a diamond. Sure. But I feel like I was raised smarter than that...:lol:. That's a few G's shy of an investment property. I guess it's on to the next one.

7.5k for a stone... Damn. 4k max for the set for me, MAX. 12k for a ceremony, f all them people for real.

Nah bruh. They say 3 months salary, I mak about 70 now, figure by the time I meet someone else and will be close to that point I'll be closer to 90 if Lord says the same so that's 27k. That's a new car money, college money for my daughter, down payment on a house, etc money

Got my wifes ring from bluenile Don't get anything from the zales, kays , etc of the world.

Didn't have a wedding we are using the money to buy real estate.

Brother had a really nice wedding in Jamaica but it wasn't important for us to have one.

Nah bruh. They say 3 months salary, I mak about 70 now, figure by the time I meet someone else and will be close to that point I'll be closer to 90 if Lord says the same so that's 27k. That's a new car money, college money for my daughter, down payment on a house, etc money

Did you know that "they" were actually De Beers advertisements? Started at one month, then their next campaign, push it to two and then it was set at three. lol Don't fall for that garbage.

Got my wifes ring from bluenile Don't get anything from the zales, kays , etc of the world.

Didn't have a wedding we are using the money to buy real estate.

Brother had a really nice wedding in Jamaica but it wasn't important for us to have one.

That's awesome. It's rare to find a woman like that.

Just another way society tries to shame men out of their money. Dumb rules that have no true grounds other than 'that's just the way it is'.

Some people are traditional. Don't blame society. It's still up to the man if he wants to do it. All my friends have bought engagement rings or are saving up for ones now. I only know one who spent a lot on one but he makes the most money out of all of them.

Back
Top Bottom