How much you dropping for that engagement ring?

I'd probably go anywhere from 15k-20k.
Edit: Oh, and also, if a chick is telling you how much her ring should be then she def isn't with you for love.

you can do everything a woman says that will make her happy, then she'll leave you because you weren't man enough to stand up to her and say no.

you can do everything a woman says that will make her happy, then she'll leave you because you weren't man enough to stand up to her and say no.

This is the end game to a type of woman you should've known not to wife from the very beginning. No way anyone could be such a pushover to be blindsided if that were to happen to them in real life...in theory.

I've dated plenty of women in my life and every one of them are on a case by case basis as far as how much I would've spent on them, had I decided to pop that question. There really is no right or wrong amount and dudes are too focused over numbers rather than using their common sense and trusting their gut feelings on if the chick's even true wife material.

Just got engaged and spent a little over $1K.

My fiancée didn't want a diamond, and told me that I shouldn't spend anywhere near 3 months salary (she's much more frugal than I am.) Same lady asked me return some diamond earrings so she could go to Claire's instead :lol:

Ring is white gold, gem is topaz with accent diamonds.

20170830_192114.jpg

Nah bruh. They say 3 months salary, I mak about 70 now, figure by the time I meet someone else and will be close to that point I'll be closer to 90 if Lord says the same so that's 27k. That's a new car money, college money for my daughter, down payment on a house, etc money
:lol: @ $27K

Girl that I would marry right now has diamonds in her family. Saving a lot because I was cool with dropping quite a bit.

so i posted in this thread over 2 years ago and i'm very happy with our decision not to get silly with the rings and wedding. my son is going to test for kindergartens at the end of this year so next year we're looking at 20-23k/ year for tuition along with our current mortgage, bills, savings etc. we're still able to take some nice vacations and live comfortably. our marriage is in great shape and i couldn't be happier. would hate to be struggling/ not saving up our money because we started out in the hole. would hate for us to not be able to send my son to the best school that he gets accepted into. that would have been foolish for us.

$23k/year for Kindergarden? Goddamn!

Is that normal? That's nearly 2 Grand a month. That's a house mortgage.

I was always super anti diamond engagement ring. I was telling my aunt how I couldn't fathom copping a diamond, and she was basically like, "listen, this isn't about what YOU want, this is about the woman you're spending your life with wants." She had a point...

My girl wanted to high quality stone circular solitaire, so that's what she got. I copped from a wholesaler in Tampa that's been in the business for ~30 years. Never buy from a retailer, including Tiffany's. The markup will be HUGE vs. a reputable wholesaler.

We're doing a super small wedding (less than 10 immediate family) and doing an awesome two week honeymoon. Cannot wait!

Last edited:
Pay the extra and live in a nice area so your kids can go public. Big issue in LA, private vs public.

I'd probably go a couple racks on one. Can't see myself spending more than 3-4k w/ a small wedding. I'm a splurgy splurge type dude on select things, if she's the right one I'll cash out.

you from hawaii originally? we're looking at iolani or punahou (maybe midpac). that's the going rate nowadays :lol:

Dang bro that's crazy! Yeah I know those schools, my parents could never afford that when I lived there though :lol: We were beyond broke, so it was straight public schools for us.

My cousins went to Sacred Heart & Kamehameha though! I used to be super jealous of them!

Back
Top Bottom