How was the early 2000s?

I use to skip school then come home and purposely surf the net for hours to tie up the line when the school tried to call.

View media item 586493

Ahhh this brings me back.

A/S/L?

:lol:

Thought I was doing it w/ this:

nokia5190.jpg

My first cellphone...plan was something astronomical for only 150 minutes TOTAL per month. Was on Cingular :lol:

Last edited:
it wasn't that good in my eyes. I guess the main reason was because I compare it to the mid-late 90s.

the greatest hockey player and the greatest basketball player both left the game in the late 90s. that Michael Jordan that came back with Washington was just a shadow of the Chicago one.

Seinfeld ended.

I was finishing off high school at the early 2000s, and noticed that a lot of kids tried really hard to fit into the gangsta rap crowd, the kids from the suburbs tried harder than the ones from the poorer areas.

As for the internet, cable/dsl modems were being introduced. This sucked because the internet was a novelty in the 90s and people didn't mind dialing up and then being connected to the internet, along with the disconnections; however in the early 2000s, if you didn't have high speed, you get impatient with using your slow phone line.

Napster died.

all the reality shows starting popping up after survivor in this period.

I think the present is better than the early 2000s. Maybe because I'm old and learned to appreciate life.

Napster only got big around 2000. But after it died, there were replacements that were just as good for a few years.

:nthat:

I never thought about this until now, but as a 12 year old, MSN/AIM/ICQ got me thinking I had mad game. But in reality I was probably just being catfished. :rofl:

-Used to play Counter-Strike before COD
-CD burning was that thang. Make a mix and sell it for $5.
-Raves were actually underground.
-Rawkus Records
-MTV Total Request Live, Making the Video, Fanatic
-BET Late Night
-Have to hook up several XBoxes to get it in on Halo w/ the crew.
-Ecstasy, double stacks pleighboi
-Asianavenue.com

The economy and job market were great. What the hell are y'all talking about.

The early 2000s, were the best time of my life disposable income out the wazoo.
Lil Wayne was actually making music I liked, hanging out in Ybor City Super Bowl weekend the yr the ravens won. No one was wearing jeans that would crush your testes, also when I was in my reebok phase.... Life was pretty good back then

Gta 5 actually talks about how smart phones and social networks screwed things up. Someone said these things make people even lazier and they dont get things done

Just like in real life

The platinum era. Jagged Edge, bow wow, harlem shake, techno marine watches, jacobs, two ways (the be beginning of texting), braids, nike sweatbands, White Uptowns for da summer, Vibes sweat shorts :pimp:, Jordans with Nike Air and same OG type quality.

YAHOO messenger. I was that dude back then. If u had braids with da hangtime, yambs were had.

Class of 03 b. :pimp:

Napster/Kazaa/Bearshare/Limewire

Burn CDs $5

AOL dial-up

Rap City Basement booth freestyles

Comicview

Howard Stern on E! and NBC

NBA on NBC

Lakers-Kings/Blazers/Spurs

AF1s

OD baggy clothing

I'm sure there's more, I just can't remember right now.

Im 18 and during the early 2000s I was around 6, so I was aware of how **** was but now when I hear about back then, I hear it was smooth as hell and way more different than time now. So, how was it different than this era in terms of lifestyle, music, parties hangin with people etc. 

Edit: And don't post obvious **** like oversized jerseys. I can just watch some old Fab video and see that ****. Explain how the vibe was how life is different, songs that make you remember something from back then etc.

90s >>> 2000s...

Im 29 now. Got on NT when I was 18 back in 02'

90s were fun and Music was golden. Everybody was geek'd over Bone Thugs and Wu tang lol.. Pac was the best rapper alive (yea I said it). Not to mention Snick and 90s cartoons... The 2000s were flashy, like the BIG era.. Everything was BIG... Eminem was crazy huge, Nelly was huge.. Cash Money was on the brink of being nothingness until the Big Tymers came out with Stay Fly.. It was fun - Spinners, BIG RIMS.. Everything went BIG.

Damn, looking back on it...the recent frivolous advances in technology has really sucked a lot of the life out of youth culture.

Early 00's were very :smokin

It was really the bookend to the greatness of the 90's era.

The early 2000's were nice.
Oversized clothing was the norm.
The retro movement hadn't taken hold yet so everyone was after the newest footwear, instead of clamoring for retros.
Most sneakers were made out of leather instead of plastics.
*69 virtually put an end to prank phone calls.
Gas was $1.19 a gallon.
Circuit City was the best place to buy CDs on new music Tuesday.
R&B groups existed
A Black president was only seen on a movie, or a TV Comedy scetch.
You had to plan your approach, practice your monologue, and strike at the precise moment of the schood day to get a girls phone number.

People were walking billboard ads with Nascar jackets
Jerseys, Jerseys, Jerseys
"Real men wore Pink"
Jordan Variants took over the country
Wheat Timberland Boots year-round
The South kicked in the door on Hip Hop.
The Y2K survival skills were never put to good use.
K-Swiss and white AF1 were the official shoes of the summer.
The Tommy Hilfigure movement was at it's peak.
Jeff Hamilton leathers were the Lamborghini of winter outwear.
Proper use of a CD burner would easily pay your way through college.

Good Times.

Last edited:
90s >>> 2000s...

Im 29 now. Got on NT when I was 18 back in 02'

90s were fun and Music was golden. Everybody was geek'd over Bone Thugs and Wu tang lol.. Pac was the best rapper alive (yea I said it). Not to mention Snick and 90s cartoons... The 2000s were flashy, like the BIG era.. Everything was BIG... Eminem was crazy huge, Nelly was huge.. Cash Money was on the brink of being nothingness until the Big Tymers came out with Stay Fly.. It was fun - Spinners, BIG RIMS.. Everything went BIG.
Since you brought up cartoons, I remember when some of the episodes had deep meanings, ie the Hey Arnold special when the Asian guy (Mr. Hyunh?) was trying to find his daughter, and the Simpsons when Homer thought he was dying and trying to prep up Bart to be the man of the house.

Last edited:
Collegeclub.com

Blonde/Curly haired latina from Oochie Wally video

A&F carpenter pants

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom