How was the early 2000s?

I remember when the Jordan 17's came out in 2001 (My 9th grade year) and people were going crazy for that $200 price tag. I would of never imagine getting shoes for $200 back then, but now, totally different story..smh
but it came in a briefcase and with a DVD on how they designed it.  
pimp.gif
  I remember my dad wore my XVIIs and then changed a tire, creased the **** out of em. 
alien.gif

I wanted a Jacob and some Burberry AF1 mids SO bad. Y'all don't understand :smh:

but it came in a briefcase and with a DVD on how they designed it.  :pimp:   I remember my dad wore my XVIIs and then changed a tire, creased the **** out of em. 0]
Yeah, back then $200 for what it came with was decent, but now, $200 just for one shoe and that's it..smh lol

I remember when the Jordan 17's came out in 2001 (My 9th grade year) and people were going crazy for that $200 price tag. I would of never imagine getting shoes for $200 back then, but now, totally different story..smh
Always on the lookout for some white/college blue XVIIs. Great shoe that is often overlooked.

how much??

I didn't like the 17's that much besides the lows with yellow in them..now 18's I wanted a pair of either white/blue or black/blue so bad I ended up buying the all black 18.5's

Around 280 or so.

Then beh tells me he copped em for a price much lower...and I thought I got a steal too.  

mean.gif

Bruhs,

I came up on 13 pairs of Deastock College Blue 17's in 2009 for $115 each and sold them all, some for around the same price gllahone got them for :lol: that might've been me that you copped them from, but I definitely flooded the streets with some pairs in 2009. Sold some pairs for $400 too.

Man I came up. All from a dude in Napa, Cali that was sitting on them for years. He had no idea what they were worth. He offered them to me for $150 a pair, I counter offered back at $100 - he than said $115....so I took it and ran!

Last edited:
Bruhs,

I came up on 13 pairs of Deastock College Blue 17's in 2009 for $115 each and sold them all, some for around the same price gllahone got them for :lol: that might've been me that you copped them from, but I definitely flooded the streets with some pairs in 2009. Sold some pairs for $400 too.

Man I came up. All from a dude in Napa, Cali that was sitting on them for years. He had no idea what they were worth. He offered them to me for $150 a pair, I counter offered back at $100 - he than said $115....so I took it and ran!
Lucky. I've been trying to get a DS pair at a decent price for a while.

Burnt a spliff for the first time in 03.......... Life Changing

World was more or less your neighborhood, no wars
Way less White people in my hood
Remember flying on the plane was WAY less intrusive, went through the scanner with my Playoff XII's (with a dub) on with no problems
Musical tastes were broadening, Napster was dying so Limewire, Kazaa and Morpheus let us listen to everyone's back catalogues for free
The look of a rapper's face when his album leak meant you were singing along to his songs at his live shows...........:smokin (Nas couldnt believe we knew Doo Rags)
Pamela and Tommy Lee (326 MB) LOCKING Up the phone line all night............First sex tape props
No Wifi
Palm Treo's, CLIe and Blackberrys were the first "Smartphones" of that era............Pretty Useless by today's standards
Nas vs Jay......

This coming from a 30 year old comin up in Brooklyn

Gallon of gas was under a 1$.. $23 fill up from LA to the bay.

Airport life was nice. No tsa in yo ish!

USC football was on and cracking

I dogged my black 17's :lol:

I still wish I didn't pass on the croc's :smh:. Joints was soooo clean.

how much??

I didn't like the 17's that much besides the lows with yellow in them..now 18's I wanted a pair of either white/blue or black/blue so bad I ended up buying the all black 18.5's

I'm the opposite. Loved the 17's, didn't really like the 18's other than the white and blue one's.

You were setting yourself up for the jux walking around with that suitcase.

Gallon of gas was under a 1$.. $23 fill up from LA to the bay.

Airport life was nice. No tsa in yo ish!

USC football was on and cracking
I still remember writing a paper during my freshman year in undergrad in 2003 about how gas was on the verge of being $2/gallon :lol:

Back
Top Bottom