How was the early 2000s?

those Ice Cream sneaks, and these:

View media item 587447
were the beginning of the end of "sneakerhead" culture being a thing for the select few who were into being individuals.

bold statement but wrong IMO

once Nike *****d themselves out to the skateboarding market it changed forever

I'd stay off the high horse of "select few who were being individuals" because it's mutually exclusive for the most part

See these Ice cubes, see these ice creams

I played this everyday on my cousins CD player back in the summer of '03, I was 7 :pimp:

[

It was da best time especially for gear and kicks. Too bad I was young and couldn't afford most of this stuff. I feel deprived in a sense even if I can get the retros today.

i remember getting $400 in fees from texting girls during spring break. there was no unlimited texting back then. then the sidekick came and all you had to do was swivel the phone a few times and a girl would hear it. next thing you know you got the aim and number to text.

i remember getting $400 in fees from texting girls during spring break. there was no unlimited texting back then. then the sidekick came and all you had to do was swivel the phone a few times and a girl would hear it. next thing you know you got the aim and number to text.

who you kidding; my grandparents paid my cell while in college and every month it was way over my limits so it'd be like whose # is this, that, this, that and I'd be like I dunno :lol:

those Ice Cream sneaks, and these:

View media item 587447
were the beginning of the end of "sneakerhead" culture being a thing for the select few who were into being individuals.

bold statement but wrong IMO

once Nike *****d themselves out to the skateboarding market it changed forever

I'd stay off the high horse of "select few who were being individuals" because it's mutually exclusive for the most part

SB's were popping for "a certain crowd" which marketing companies and magazines decided to call "hipsters", up until around '07 with the De La Soul's and MF DOOM dunks.

i remember it going from being a couple of dudes i knew who were NTers rocking SBs and wearing size M-L shirts and skinny jeans and getting weird looks for it, then outta nowhere it became cool for some reason. Same with snapbacks.

well back in my day :lol: ...nah but early 2000's was when i started watching sports and listening to hip hop, etc.

TV/radio was prominent, today you can listen to what u want and discover a lot more things with the internet. Back then i was heavy watching BET 106 n park and the rest of those BET shows. And other music video shows like TRL. They would force feed you what was hot, now you could carve your own path. Good for us, bad for some music artists.

i dont think the technology is really that bad for kids today. i mean yeah they're stuck on their phones like crazy, but i cant act like i wasnt glued to my game boy color or playstation back then. we act like these kids hibernate in a cave all day, cuz the kids still go out. I mean we might argue that ppl go out more today with all the info to events and stuff dunno

real talk the early 2000's weren't all THAT great.
I gotta agree with you. The period between 96-2000 was amazing compared to post 2000
This is a pretty fair statement. By the time 2000 hit for me, I was already  disappointed, so you can imagine how I feel now 
laugh.gif

Rap City: The basement and 106 and park was what I watched everyday after middle school and high school..lol. The basement was good show that discovered rappers that don't usually get airtime on other music networks.. If your video i on MTV's TRL, you knew it was a hit back then.. I remember when Juvenile's "back that thang up" came on TRL for the first time, I thought that was a big deal back then..LOL

when big t**** used to freestyle in the booth with his guest

Well since we talking bout RapCity, how can we forget the time Big Tig had Sole on the show.. Dude had the clapper dim the lights, and massage her feet.. I remember dude who worked with me swore Tig smash Sole after the show

Lets not forget the episode when Baby and Wayne had that infamous kiss.... How did ppl forget Uncut ? Good stuff

Wild On had some good fap material.

yeah when Brooke Burke left the show fell off. Then I was on to Bet uncut at 3:00am. Had to get some sleep in soon as i got home from school to stay up.

Eyes was glued to the tv watching Road Rules and Real World back then
I had a huge crush on Jisela Delgado from road rules.

Last edited:
Damn I remember Wild On Hated when they switched to Tara Reid.

Anyone ever watch Undressed on MTV?

Speaking of E!

Cindy Margolis 
devil.gif

Used to love watching Howard Stern from 11-12 too.

Oh and

everyday after school

One of my favorite shows that never gets replay or recognition:

These dudes ran things

MJs golden days

Last edited:
Jennifer Lopez in the early 00s tho. :pimp: words can't express the love I had for that woman.

Best slam dunk contest ever. Hands down.... Tmac, Ricky Davis, Steve Francis, Larry Hughes, Vince Carter, Jerry Stackhouse. All had crazy hops at the time. VC was just on some next level never seen before steez

Last edited:
:pimp:

2001 2002 2003 was classic yrs for me 14-16

I agree w/ mostly everything said already

to be fresh all you needed was a white pro club tee & white g-nikes(NYCers call em uptowns) til throwbacks hit hard & velour suits ...I used watch 106 N Park just for Free....rapcity was G too; I didn't really rock w/TRL like that but MTV had direct effect it was a cool lil rap show...blackplanet, da flaava, & aol chatroom & messenger was where u did internet mackin (s/o to 56k tyin up the phone line)...we used to pass notes to girls instead of textin Iverson was that dude...had everybody wearin braids...Eastcoast still ran rap between Jay-z dipset nas & even pop wise ja rule...b2k was killin too :lol: (I remember they came to my school them skeeyos went crazy) yup you could make bank sellin burnt CD's then...spinners was :pimp: ...kids used to play outside...& jordans was quality & all you had to do was get to the store about 10 mins before it opened to get em (in my area they would sit for up to a couple weeks til they sell out or get shipped to another store)...NT was like fraternity back then...

Back
Top Bottom