Hype is real, bruh. These cotton candy grapes are the truth....

How is that NOT genetically modified though? 

"It isn't GMO, we just spent years messing around with the DNA of the grapes."

Come on man.

But I saw these in COSTCO after a friend said she saw them. Not interested
I mean, if it's just cross breeding I guess it isn't gmo'd.

I hate NT sometimes[emoji]128518[/emoji][emoji]128518[/emoji]
They are actually pretty good..
If you are in Houston, they have them at Central Market but $6.13 for 3 1/2 pounds[emoji]128545[/emoji][emoji]128561[/emoji][emoji]128553[/emoji][emoji]128518[/emoji]

How is that NOT genetically modified though? 

"It isn't GMO, we just spent years messing around with the DNA of the grapes."

Come on man.

But I saw these in COSTCO after a friend said she saw them. Not interested

Hybrids have nothing to do with the GMOs (genetically-modified organisms) we so often read about. Unlike GMOs, the genetics of hybrid fruit have not been altered in a lab, which can be hard to believe given their sometimes fantastical appearances.

10 Fantastical Hybrid Fruits Worth Knowing (PHOTOS)

I mean, if it's just cross breeding I guess it isn't gmo'd.

Yep. Cross breeding and genetic selection is not the same as inserting a foreign protein into the plant. People been cross breeding for centuries b

Does Publix have these in FL?

Last edited:
Picked up a pack from Publix yesterday. Pretty good but I'm not spending that much $ on grapes again :lol: I've been wanting to try these since I saw them on chopped a few months back

Y'all eat this and complain irrationally about GMO's?
laugh.gif

really?

Cali got tomatoes dat taste of cotton candy ive heard.

The finest tomatoes.

wait so if I alter the genes outside a lab it's cool?

wut?

Y'all don't see the arbitrariness of this? You guys are getting hustled and refuse to see it.

I don't get how so many people are having a hard time grasping this concept in here.

There's kind of a big difference between mating two things in order to get a better product, and just straight up going into the DNA of that product and altering it yourself.

Similar to having two attractive people make an attractive baby, compared to altering the baby's DNA inside the womb to have a "designer" baby.

Not that I really care, I'm not anti-GMO or anything, but they are pretty different.

But the confusing is when you are "mating" two things and one of them being a chemically created "food" item (cotton candy). It isn't like cotton candy can be found in the wild so you are mating a fruit with a created food.

That is where my confusion lies when people want to say there isn't modification there

Last edited:
But the confusing is when you are "mating" two things and one of them being a chemically created "food" item (cotton candy). 

You're not getting an artificial taste tho.

Cotton Candy by itself...obviously artificial.

Cross breeding (not GMO engineering), but NATURALLY, gives it that same taste...

But the confusing is when you are "mating" two things and one of them being a chemically created "food" item (cotton candy). It isn't like cotton candy can be found in the wild so you are mating a fruit with a created food.

That is where my confusion lies when people want to say there isn't modification there

I see what you mean, I think the problem is that the mix isn't between a grape and cotton candy.
It's two types of grapes that happen to produce a cotton candy-ish flavor when they are bred.

Back
Top Bottom