I dont always get my car towed, but when I do, ill pay with pennies

Originally Posted by 2o6

i wouldve gladly lost my job just to throw the pennies at those mother #*%#+!$

laugh.gif

Pretty immature. The people in the office had nothing to do with his car being towed, so why take it out on them? Don't park where you're not supposed to and you won't have this problem.

Originally Posted by skrimsauce

Seriously? I want to punch that punk in the throat.

As if the people that work at the counter in the bursar's office set the tuition.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

thing is.. they're wrong.
they just bullied the office people.

they don't have to accept the pennies whatsoever.

but she took it because of federal law soooooooo

Originally Posted by Anathema

Pretty immature. The people in the office had nothing to do with his car being towed, so why take it out on them? Don't park where you're not supposed to and you won't have this problem.

He's paying for his car with money.... I'd understand if he was paying in gift cards or some @!$% but it was real money and they have to take it. Point blank period. Tow truck companies are nothing but a bunch of greedy bastards anyways.

haha my car got towed by the exact same place and I didn't even park in the wrong place! they even towed my parents car when we had no clue were to park for orientation . These tow truck company's are serious here
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

Originally Posted by jimmybeanz

they're wrong because what exactly?

if they dont accept it what happens? im actually curious alternatives
Dirty is just salty...regardless if theyre wrong or not for where they parked legally they cant do that...its actually illegal to deny any form of US currency as payment for goods or services even if its sh$t load of pennies...i'm doing this when i go to traffic court to pay that $100 ticket next month and have someone record it

Originally Posted by Adidas Freak

Originally Posted by Anathema

He's paying for his car with money.... I'd understand if he was paying in gift cards or some @!$% but it was real money and they have to take it. Point blank period. Tow truck companies are nothing but a bunch of greedy bastards anyways.
But you act like just because something is legal, it's civilized. He did this just to be an a-hole. And the point is, who takes the fall here? The person actually making profit from the tow company's allegedly shady dealings, or the girl working the counter who probably gets paid minimum wage? It'd be like being angry at popcorn prices at the movies and proving your point by dumping popcorn butter on the cashier's head. 

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Originally Posted by BigTy23

So this dude wasted alot of peoples time that day. The bank, his own, the police (who could be out stopping/preventing crime), and the tow company (who didn't deserve blame at all). People should take responsibility for they're actions, he's the one that parked where he shouldn't have. He just mad, he had to walk 10miles home...

the girl that refused to count LEGAL TENDER wasted alot of peoples time that day.  If she did her job like she was supposed to, this would've all been avoided.  pennies are U.S money.   the guy was a douche for doing that but he didn't do anything illegal.

Yes, a penny is a legal form of tender, but it's actually the merchants who decide on wether they want to accept it or not.

I got about $84 in pennies rolled up in a box somewhere right now. Looks about like that... But rolled up.

I like when after she refuses to take the pennies again, the camera guy says "I think she needs to go downtown..."
roll.gif

The scumbags at licencing hit me with mad fines for a license i didnt even recieve.

What makes it worse is that canada passed a law that says you cant pay with more than 25 pennies at one time

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
This is classic.....

But yeah what dude is doing is completely legit even if she complaints about it.

Originally Posted by f3DJam

The scumbags at licencing hit me with mad fines for a license i didnt even recieve.

What makes it worse is that canada passed a law that says you cant pay with more than 25 pennies at one time

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Simba King

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Oh ok....So pennies are only acceptable in times for low amount of value needed??? [/color]
indifferent.gif
nope.... but the office did NOT have to accept the pennies for payment.
http://www.snopes.com/business/money/pennies.asp

Title 31 (Money and Finance), Subtitle IV (Money), Chapter 51 (Coins and Currency), Subchapter I (Monetary System), Section 5103 (Legal Tender) of the United States Code states:
United States coins and currency (including Federal reserve notes and circulating notes of Federal reserve banks and national banks) are legal tender for all debts, public charges, taxes, and dues. Foreign gold or silver coins are not legal tender for debts.
What this statute means, in the words of the United States Treasury, is that "[A]ll United States money . . . is a valid and legal offer of payment for debts when tendered to a creditor. There is, however, no Federal law mandating that a person or organization must accept currency or coins as for payment for goods and/or[table][tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]services."

That's it. All this means is that the Federal Reserve System must honor U.S. currency and coins, not necessarily anyone else. U.S. currency and coins can be used for making payments, but merchants do not necessarily have to accept it for all forms of business transactions.If a shoemaker wants to sell his products for 8000 jelly beans per pair, he's entitled to do so; the buyer cannot demand that he accept the equivalent value in legal tender instead. However, legal tender is the default method of payment assumed in contractual agreements involving payments for goods or services unless otherwise specified. So, for example, if an automobile dealer signs a contract agreeing to sell you a car for $8,000, but when you begin making monthly payments he rejects them and insists he wants to be paid in gold instead, you can go to court and have your debt discharged on the grounds that valid payment was offered and refused.

Up until the late 19th century, pennies and nickels weren't legal tender at all. The Coinage Acts of 1873 and 1879 made them legal tender for debts up to 25 cents only, while the other fractional coins (dimes, quarters, and half dollars) were legal tender for amounts up to $10. This remained the law until the Coinage Act of 1965 specified that all U.S. coins are legal tender in any amount. However, even in cases where legal tender has been agreed to as a form of payment, private businesses are still free to specify which forms of legal tender they will accept. If a restaurant doesn't want to take any currency larger than $20 bills, or they don't want to take pennies at all, or they want to be paid in nothing but dimes, they're entitled to do so (but, as mentioned earlier, they should specify their payment policies before entering into transactions with buyers). Businesses are free to accept or reject pennies as they see fit; no law specifies that pennies cease to be considered legal tender when proffered in quantities over a particular amount. 

oh..and if you don't like snopes.. here's the US treasury
http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/faqs/Currency/Pages/legal-tender.aspx

[h2]
[h2]
Legal Tender Status
[/h2]

[h4]
I thought that United States currency was legal tender for all debts. Some businesses or governmental agencies say that they will only accept checks, money orders or credit cards as payment, and others will only accept currency notes in denominations of $20 or smaller. Isn't this illegal?
[/h4]
The pertinent portion of law that applies to your question is the Coinage Act of 1965, specifically Section 31 U.S.C. 5103, entitled "Legal tender," which states: "United States coins and currency (including Federal reserve notes and circulating notes of Federal reserve banks and national banks) are legal tender for all debts, public charges, taxes, and dues."

This statute means that all United States money as identified above are a valid and legal offer of payment for debts when tendered to a creditor. There is, however, no Federal statute mandating that a private business, a person or an organization must accept currency or coins as for payment for goods and/or services. Private businesses are free to develop their own policies on whether or not to accept cash unless there is a State law which says otherwise. For example, a bus line may prohibit payment of fares in pennies or dollar bills. In addition, movie theaters, convenience stores and gas stations may refuse to accept large denomination currency (usually notes above $20) as a matter of policy.
[/h2]

Originally Posted by Simba King

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Oh ok....So pennies are only acceptable in times for low amount of value needed??? [/color]
indifferent.gif

That's it. All this means is that the Federal Reserve System must honor U.S. currency and coins, not necessarily anyone else. U.S. currency and coins can be used for making payments, but merchants do not necessarily have to accept it for all forms of business transactions.

My economics teacher lied to me
mad.gif

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Originally Posted by BigTy23

So this dude wasted alot of peoples time that day. The bank, his own, the police (who could be out stopping/preventing crime), and the tow company (who didn't deserve blame at all). People should take responsibility for they're actions, he's the one that parked where he shouldn't have. He just mad, he had to walk 10miles home...

the girl that refused to count LEGAL TENDER wasted alot of peoples time that day.  If she did her job like she was supposed to, this would've all been avoided.  pennies are U.S money.   the guy was a douche for doing that but he didn't do anything illegal.

No, the guy that went out of his way to get all those pennies is the person that wasted everyone's time.
If getting his car back is so important to him, why did he bring all those pennies and his friends along to videotape him getting his car back?
Sure, it's not illegal but you shouldn't do it just because you can.

Originally Posted by Topclassbubblah

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

Originally Posted by jimmybeanz

they're wrong because what exactly?

if they dont accept it what happens? im actually curious alternatives
Dirty is just salty...regardless if theyre wrong or not for where they parked legally they cant do that...its actually illegal to deny any form of US currency as payment for goods or services even if its sh$t load of pennies...i'm doing this when i go to traffic court to pay that $100 ticket next month and have someone record it

Wow, you're gonna go hard huh? You gonna feel like a big man making that clerk count out your change jar? Please post your
video, I want to laugh at you like everyone else will when Big Bill the court officer runs you out of there like "Thats what I thought young man."

Stay classy NT
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom